Why Men Don't Get Involved In Church (as much)

gone_fishing

http://www.centralchurchofgod.org/media/

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I hope these buttons work but if not click on first link and watch the EVENING Sunday, February 10, 2008 sermon about why men are leaving the church and how the church is feminizing men. I love my Pastor! I needed this word.

Wives and girlfriends and even soon to be wives and girlfriends, please watch this. It's only a smart chunk of your time for a big blessing.

SADLY THE BUTTONS DON'T WORK ANYMORE AS THE SERMON HAS ROTATED OFF OF THE WEBSITE. HOWEVER, I HAVE THE CD (I BOUGHT IT TO SEND TO A MEMBER HERE). IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT - PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL FORWARD THE CD TRACKS TO YOU TO HEAR THE SERMON!

Last edited:
Bump, if anyone has the time to watch it. :perplexed

I'll try to make time to watch it later, but from what you've said already, I agree with the premise. If more men were allowed/encouraged to lead at home then I think more would do the same in church. Thanks for posting.

I haven't watched yet, but my old pastor used to talk about the way the church has feminized men, especially black men. I'd have to agree, for the most part.

I'll watch when I get the kids down.

I just listened to most of it while I painted my nails.:grin: I agree with a lot of what your pastor said. I think there is a certain pressure, on everyone, to speak, act, think a certain way that is accepted by most church folk. I bet it probably is worse on men because they are the leaders.

I've talked to my dh about his short prayers before, but I was convicted about that when I listened to the message. A prayer doesn't have to be 500 words with blubbering and spitting for God to hear it.

I also liked what he said about Jesus. We tend to want to paint a certain picture of Jesus that looks nothing like what the Bible says about Him.

It has never sat well with me to see grown men running around the church perimeter and jumping up and down and hollering.

Anyway, good message.:yep:

Haven't listened but if a man is WAITING for someone to ALLOW them to lead, they ain't ready for the position of leader.

It would be great if you could actually listen to it before you gave your input regarding his statements. :) It might make a difference if you heard his words in context. :yep:

Thanks Lauren for your input. :)

Last edited:
I'll try to make time to watch it later, but from what you've said already, I agree with the premise. If more men were allowed/encouraged to lead at home then I think more would do the same in church. Thanks for posting.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :)

Um hmmm....So noted.... there may be a a slightly different (but not necessarily new) spin offered on this topic. And I did not mean to sound dismissive by not listening. It would have been enticing to have a three-sentence summary on the recording to peak my interest, as my time is valuable and I have to distribute it wisely.

It's been discussed before and I have heard several viewpoints on the subject in my 39 years on earth, my 30-something years in church with an attentive ear, and my eyes have read and observed the subject to varying degrees as well....

And in spite of all that, it doesn't modify the statement I've already made, which is that a man, be it a man of God or otherwise, to ALLOW him to lead is not yet ready. A man should have the wherewithal toward some sense of leadership at whatever level, age, or stage he exists. This even exists in the animal kingdom, so how much more should it exist among the creatures made after God's own likeness?

Even though you've been alive 30 something years in church, doesn't mean we don't have new things to learn and new perspectives to add. If you decide to watch it and give input and opinions on it, that would be great. If not, that's fine too. I personally started the thread because I too used to think like that but he offered a viewpoint that really hit home for me. It doesn't hurt to watch it and say what you disagree with if you disagree with it but if you don't want to, like i said, that's fine too. Just don't want the thread derailed to a topic that is not about my original post (I wanted to discuss his sermon).

I didn't think it was really about whether men are leading as much as it was about the WAY a man leads vs. the way his wife/women in the church wants him to lead.

My take on it was that we expect men these days to pray, speak, and behave a certain way based on our own experiences as women in our own relationships with God. The main point was that we can't dictate to our men HOW they are supposed to lead based on Pentacostal tradition.

Even though you've been alive 30 something years in church, doesn't mean we don't have new things to learn and new perspectives to add. If you decide to watch it and give input and opinions on it, that would be great. If not, that's fine too. I personally started the thread because I too used to think like that but he offered a viewpoint that really hit home for me. It doesn't hurt to watch it and say what you disagree with if you disagree with it but if you don't want to, like i said, that's fine too. Just don't want the thread derailed to a topic that is not about my original post (I wanted to discuss his sermon).

My apologies. I'll remove my posts.

I didn't think it was really about whether men are leading as much as it was about the WAY a man leads vs. the way his wife/women in the church wants him to lead.

My take on it was that we expect men these days to pray, speak, and behave a certain way based on our own experiences as women in our own relationships with God. The main point was that we can't dictate to our men HOW they are supposed to lead based on Pentacostal tradition.

That's a good point. Perhaps I explained it incorrectly. But, he also discussed that when you don't let a man lead, rather than fight you at every turn, he'll eventually walk away. (Paraphrasing).

RR, probably Laurent's explanation was better than my description of it.

I HAVE THIS CD NOW! IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT - PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL FORWARD THE TRACKS TO YOU TO HEAR THE SERMON!

I HAVE THIS CD NOW! IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO IT - PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL FORWARD THE TRACKS TO YOU TO HEAR THE SERMON!

Sending my email right now to you in a PM....I need to listen to this, maybe it will change my perspective on some things that me and my SO are butting heads about. Thanks adequate! :grin:

Back