Why is my scalp still tingling?

sunshinelady

Hey guys,

I texlaxed my hair last week with SE mild lye. I neutralized with Elasta QP Neutralizing Shampoo and Profectiv Neutralizing Mousse in Black. I left it on for at least 10 minutes. Why is my scalp still crawling? Did I hurt my scalp? Anything you can think of that would help?

TIA!

Hey guys,

I texlaxed my hair last week with SE mild lye. I neutralized with Elasta QP Neutralizing Shampoo and Profectiv Neutralizing Mousse in Black. I left it on for at least 10 minutes. Why is my scalp still crawling? Did I hurt my scalp? Anything you can think of that would help?

TIA!
Well sunshine I know that tingling most likely means growth so maybe your hair is growing!!!!:yep:

Hey guys,

TIA!

SIDEBAR: What's that? You're awakening the PJ in me. :look:

Might be a little bit of product on your scalp. I don't want to recommend acv because I don't know if it would burn, but you might try something mild to thoroughly cleanse your scalp??

SIDEBAR: What's that? You're awakening the PJ in me. :look:

They have neutralizing mousses instead of shampoos. They feel that this lowers manipulation of the scalp which is such a nono if you want to maintain straightness. They come in several colors that are, in effect, rinses that last 6-8 shampoos. Pretty neat, eh?

I liked it and it works, but I still felt the need to use a shampoo out of habit.

Back