Why I will not be relaxing my hair

gvsugirl-- Your mom didnt have all the support of LHCF!! You can do it!! We'll help each other out. I have to admit I am intimidated and scared but I am going to go for it.

Hi jd_bdfly,

It's nothing new really...I'm just calling it new cause I have never done it before. If you click on my name to the left you can check out the regimen I used. But, what I did with the flatiron was to tilt it when I was going down the strand. I used to go straight down and I didn't know why my hair wouldn't straighten but I learned to tilt it like they do with hotcombs..give it some tension and it came out straight..I was shocked
shocked.gif
Maybe you do this anyways but to me it was very new..it was like discovering gold, but better
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
I use to relax every 6-8 weeks (4a/b) and my hair dresser used to comb the relaxer through so she really was breaking down the bonds of my hair. My hair was so thin that you could clearly see my scalp. So, I decided to learn how to relax my own her w. Motions w/ oil mild. I leave it on for about 13-17 minutes w/o combing every 16 weeks. I sometimes smooth with my finger but I still have my curl texture so I guess you could say my hair is texturized about 4 inches and the rest is bone straight. The texturized hair is 100% stronger and thicker.
Good luck in your transition
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar sitch here. I'm going through.
mad.gif

The Affirm mild lye is weakening my hair too much. My stylist combs it through the new growth thoroughly during each application with a rat tailed comb. This, combined with tangling during weeks 7 and 8 post touch up, is THINNING MY HAIR!
frown.gif
I've reduced conditioner washing frequency, but something's got to change.

I'm going to texturize 10 weeks of new growth with PCJ lye right before Xmas break. I'll apply it myself without combing through. I'll just pull through the new growth with my (gloved) fingers. Max application time is 15 minutes for fine hair. I'm going to texturize every 6 or 7 weeks with the abbreviated application time. I want to exclude breakage from the cycle, even if this means not spacing out chemical treatments.
ohwell.gif

I'm decidedly UNhappy with my hair right now.

im going to be transitioning soon too, i think it is better for both me and my hair .. good luck to all those who are on their way to natural hair

Back