Why I Could Hug and Kiss Anky Right NOW!

Sistaslick

I'm sorry y'all, but Anky is the greatest.:kiss: I cannot thank her enough for her raves about the drain unclogging tool, The Zip It. I was in love with from the first use,Click Here to See ,but now... I love it for a totally different reason . . .

Look what I found hiding in the deep, dark reaches of my drain . . .

My long, lost wedding band. :eek: It has been missing for MONTHS and since has been replaced anniversary style :lol:. But this was my first-- the ring he bought when he didn't have a pot to you know what in.:lol: How'd it get down there? Your guess is as good as mine. I believe I lost it sometime around Thanksgiving time 2006. But today... I've been reunited... and it feels so good. :lol:

This is what it looked like after it was rescued:

(Excuse all the nasty, mushy hair gunk :barf: )

Thank You Anky! :notworthy: I would have never seen it again (and probably would have ruined it pouring Drano or some other stuff down there) if it weren't for your praises of it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :kiss:

Ladies, I cannot stress this enough-- do not sleep on The Zip It. It really gets in those drains and pulls out all kinds of things you thought you'd never have. Including wedding bands.:look: :lol: It works, and it works well. Today seriously sold it me. :crying3: :yep:

Safe and sound, where it belongs.​

Girl me too. I felt so horrible and careless . . . and my poor husband . . . I thought the ring was gone somewhere for good, so I had pretty much given up all hope of finding it again. I looked EVERYWHERE for it. I'm glad we didn't move :lol:

Wow! I swear everytime I have a problem you guys come to the rescue. I never knew Anky mentioned this tool.

:sekret:

I actually have Roto Rooter coming to my house tonight for a slow drain in my shower that Drano is doing NOTHING for!

HoneyDew said:
Wow! I swear everytime I have a problem you guys come to the rescue. I never knew Anky mentioned this tool.

:sekret:

I actually have Roto Rooter coming to my house tonight for a slow drain in my shower that Drano is doing NOTHING for!

Girl, you would think that Drano being a strong chemical and all, would eat right through clogs. :mad: Not at all! When I was using it before, it would clear out the drain for a week and then my water would start puddling at my feet again. I was buying new bottles every 2 weeks almost. I read about the Zip It, but man, I slept hard it. It looked like a simple piece of cheap plastic garbage, and there was NO way it could be better than DRANO! Come on!

But it WORKS! The last time I used it was in October '06 according to that last thread, and my ring turned up missing around Thanksgiving. My drain has been super clear all of this time, so I didn't really feel a strong need to do any zipping. Today, I just whipped it out on a whim during one of my Wednesday bathroom cleaning missions-- and found my precious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations!! i need this tool right now for a slow drain, you have helped me, i had never heard of this tool. I know your ring is so close and dear to your heart, i am glad you "rescued" it:)

preciousjewel76 said:
Awwww, what a great story! Are you going to wear this ring again, or turn it into a pendant or something?

I'm wearing it on my right hand, now. My new ring is white gold, so it clashes-- but I don't care! I've missed my baby!!!! :lol:

kandi1280 said:
That's awesome!! Does your hubby know you found it yet, or will you surprise him with it?

Yeah... I ruined the surprise. I was so happy, I couldn't dial fast him enough.

The ring still had gunk dangling off of it when I was telling him on the phone. He was so hurt when I lost it, I just couldn't wait to tell him! :(

Precious_1 said:
Congratulations!! i need this tool right now for a slow drain, you have helped me, i had never heard of this tool. I know your ring is so close and dear to your heart, i am glad you "rescued" it:)

You won't be sorry! I have never felt so strongly about a product-- but this thing works! It's so simple and cheap looking which is why I could never bring myself to use it, but I'm a believer now.

wow!!!!! Thats great sistaslick!!! I saw Anky's original post on it and i was amazed but wow that you found your wedding band!! Yay anky!

I am so happy to hear you found your ring!

I am going to leave work early right now to try to find this Zip-It. It looks like it only cost a few dollars, too!! :eek:

Sistaslick said:
Girl, you would think that Drano being a strong chemical and all, would eat right through clogs. :mad: Not at all! When I was using it before, it would clear out the drain for a week and then my water would start puddling at my feet again. I was buying new bottles every 2 weeks almost. I read about the Zip It, but man, I slept hard it. It looked like a simple piece of cheap plastic garbage, and there was NO way it could be better than DRANO! Come on!

But it WORKS! The last time I used it was in October '06 according to that last thread, and my ring turned up missing around Thanksgiving. My drain has been super clear all of this time, so I didn't really feel a strong need to do any zipping. Today, I just whipped it out on a whim during one of my Wednesday bathroom cleaning missions-- and found my precious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HoneyDew said:
I am so happy to hear you found your ring!

I am going to leave work early right now to try to find this Zip-It. It looks like it only cost a few dollars, too!! :eek:

Yeah! It's like $2-3 at Walgreens. Give it a try, it's kind of addictive too. The first time I used it, I was pulling out all kinds of gunk-- I couldn't stop. :lol:

RachiQue said:
wow!!!!! Thats great sistaslick!!! I saw Anky's original post on it and i was amazed but wow that you found your wedding band!! Yay anky!

Yes, Anky is a saint. :notworthy: You would never imagine how useful these hair forums are. You come here for hair care, but you get so much more. I would have never found that ring had it not been for her review.

Sistaslick said:
Yeah! It's like $2-3 at Walgreens. Give it a try, it's kind of addictive too. The first time I used it, I was pulling out all kinds of gunk-- I couldn't stop. :lol:

Walgreens!!!??

There is one right near my office. I am up out of here!

Someone here just told me their computer crashed, too!! Oh well, I will have to check them in the a.m.!!!

:driver:

Im glad you found your ring. I just looked at your album and your hair looks great, it's so thick! and your kids are adorable!

Sistaslick said:
Yes, Anky is a saint. :notworthy: You would never imagine how useful these hair forums are. You come here for hair care, but you get so much more. I would have never found that ring had it not been for her review.
This is sooooooo true..this is why I'm addicted...so much info and I'm scared I'll miss out if I don't check in....
I'm going to buy a zip it after work today..Ya know I really like the idea of not having to use toxic products, and especially ones that don't even worki that well..yes I will definitely be getting one after work

eta..so glad you found your ring

Please post a pic of the "zip It" and a copy of what it says about it so I can look for this item. I need this. So happy you found your ring. Maybe I can find some stuff. bonjour

What a great story! I could just imagine how you feel wow! I love this story your huzzy would surely be pleased

Mahalialee4 said:
Please post a pic of the "zip It" and a copy of what it says about it so I can look for this item. I need this. So happy you found your ring. Maybe I can find some stuff. bonjour

Thanks everybody! Mahalialee, click on the link in my initial post. It links back to an older thread on the Zip It. I posted pics of some clogs I worked out of my drain and you can see the Zip It there.

Also, here's Anky's original thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=86846

The Zip It website is: www.zipitclean.com

Awwww that is such a cute story. I went out and got that when I read the thread a while back. It helped me some but not enough. I just went and bought one of those things you put over the drain. It catches everything before it can go down.
But it's really good to hear that it worked out for you. Your hubby is gonna come home and be like :kissing4:

e$h said:
Awwww that is such a cute story. I went out and got that when I read the thread a while back. It helped me some but not enough. I just went and bought one of those things you put over the drain. It catches everything before it can go down.
But it's really good to hear that it worked out for you. Your hubby is gonna come home and be like :kissing4:

Yeah, my it works best for my sinks and tub drains. Our upstairs shower has a very wide drain, and the Zip it is too skinny for that big sucka. :lol:

Sistaslick said:
I'm sorry y'all, but Anky is the greatest.:kiss: I cannot thank her enough for her raves about the drain unclogging tool, The Zip It. I was in love with from the first use,Click Here to See ,but now... I love it for a totally different reason . . .

Look what I found hiding in the deep, dark reaches of my drain . . .

My long, lost wedding band. :eek: It has been missing for MONTHS and since has been replaced anniversary style :lol:. But this was my first-- the ring he bought when he didn't have a pot to you know what in.:lol: How'd it get down there? Your guess is as good as mine. I believe I lost it sometime around Thanksgiving time 2006. But today... I've been reunited... and it feels so good. :lol:

This is what it looked like after it was rescued:

(Excuse all the nasty, mushy hair gunk :barf: )​

Thank You Anky! :notworthy: I would have never seen it again (and probably would have ruined it pouring Drano or some other stuff down there) if it weren't for your praises of it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :kiss:

Ladies, I cannot stress this enough-- do not sleep on The Zip It. It really gets in those drains and pulls out all kinds of things you thought you'd never have. Including wedding bands.:look: :lol: It works, and it works well. Today seriously sold it me. :crying3: :yep:

Safe and sound, where it belongs.​
Wow! Congratulations Sistaslick!! I bet you feel so good too. :)

I just LOVE my Zip It and was just using it earlier today. I bought mine at Walmart after Anky first posted about it and I haven't used anything else since.

WOW that is a fantastic story!!!! :up: I have fears of losing my wedding ring. :( I'm gonna have to get me one of those zip it thingies. :scratchch

Hey Sista, I too know the power of Zip it. Girl those kids have grown so much since I last saw pics. of them on BBBH. And they're sooooo cute too.

Back