Why do you conditioner wash?? And what do you use afterwards?

zzirvingj

Currently I rarely ever conditioner wash. What are the extra benefits of doing so? Just more moisturized hair??

I have a spray bottle of diluted Giovanni Direct that I use for moisture on my hair daily. I feel like it works well and doesn't weigh down my hair, or make it hard....just moisturizes it.

So I am wondering if I even need to conditioner wash, but I guess I could give it a try....

For those that conditioner wash, are you also moisturizing your hair daily after the CW? If so, what are you using?

I don't moisturize daily so I do co-wash pretty much every time I shampoo. It does help to make my hair soft and moisturized.

I co-wash cause there hasn't been a shampoo- sulfates, non sulfate, sulfites, non sulfites or Castile soap that has not had my hair react by making a fist.
It cleans as well as shampoo (IMO) and makes the styling easier.

I'm relaxed and my hair is usually dry, brittle, and takes forever to produce its own oils. By not washing with shampoo, I am able to keep those natural oils in my hair instead of stripping it.

I jusr rinse my hair with water, do a co wash and rinse, apply a deep conditioner, sit under the dryer for 30 min, rinse, then rollerset my hair.

My hair gets clean by simply using conditioner and my hair is much more moisturized now and nowhere near as dry as when I use shampoo. I do however use shampoo (to which I added olive oil) about once every two weeks or a baking soda rinse to clarify...

Back