Why do we do this?!? There has to be another way!

Phoenix14

After carefully throwing back a fairly revolting shot of flaxseed oil, chlorophyll, msm,and silica mixed in orange juice I had to stop and wonder WHY OH WHY DO I DO THIS EVERYDAY?!?! The taste is so vile it makes me shudder everytime I do it. I've taken to holding my nose and trying to take it all back in one shot. And just when I think I'm done I remember I have to take my horsepill of a supplement B-complex 125. I swear if I knew the tablet was as big as a volkswagon I wouldn't have purchased it. With all the modern technology out there, why haven't we created a new way to take nasty tasting stuff?

Sorry...just had to rant a bit

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed wth? :lachen::lachen::lachen: i dont bother and just take a regular multi and a b vit...if i want chlorophyll ill eat some vegetables lol.

i actually like the way ground up flax tastes and it mixes perfect with my frosted minnie wheats:lick: i never tried the oil.

I see what you mean, but I won't put anything in my mouth or body that I don't like or have to hold my nose while swallowing.
I like to get most of my vitamins from food, but I will put supplement powders in my smoothies sometimes.
I like the taste of flax oil and actually put it on salads and things.

I put a lot of my supplements in a protein shake. I haven't had a problem with the taste when I added msm, flaxseed, etc. I've never tried chlorophyll though.

I know the feeling, that's why it's hard for me to stay consistent with the supplements. I just try to maintain a well balanced diet rather than deal with the gag reflex that comes with taking all those vitamins.

great question, why DO you do it? just take a pill...i'm not gonna ever suffer for long hair, whether that means putting something stinky on my scalp or drinking ACV.

Chase it instead of mix it. The first things you named is what I have. My oil and chlorophyll are mint flavored and I just take those last.

Its good for you.

You are taking alot of stuff. I just take a multi-vitamin for my overall health.

Flax seeds were ok, but they blew my stomach up for days and it was a pain holding it in to not blow up the classroom I was teaching in. So I moved to flaxseed gel tablets.

After carefully throwing back a fairly revolting shot of flaxseed oil, chlorophyll, msm,and silica mixed in orange juice I had to stop and wonder WHY OH WHY DO I DO THIS EVERYDAY?!?! The taste is so vile it makes me shudder everytime I do it. I've taken to holding my nose and trying to take it all back in one shot. And just when I think I'm done I remember I have to take my horsepill of a supplement B-complex 125. I swear if I knew the tablet was as big as a volkswagon I wouldn't have purchased it. With all the modern technology out there, why haven't we created a new way to take nasty tasting stuff?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:That made my whole day! Thanks for the giggle... and I understand the rant.
:yep:

Well, you could make a few changes and still get to take all of that if you want to w/o being grossed out. Instead of flaxseed oil, get the ground flax or chia. Chia has no taste whatsoever and is supposed to be better than flax (I use Anutra brand of chia from Whole Foods) and you just "mix" it in a drink (It doesn't really mix in juice, maybe a smoothie, but even if it floats in your drink, tastes OK--like a cereal) or sprinkle it in a salad or cereal. Ground flax by Barleans is so yummy that I don't mix it in anything. I just put two tablespoons in a bowl and eat with a teaspoon while drinking cranberry juice or acai/blueberry. It sticks to your teeth though so that's the only annoying thing. Otherwise, I put it in my steel cut oatmeal together with craisins and vanilla almond milk for a yummy breakfast cereal that needs no sugar.

MSM in orange juice might just be the only yuck you'll have to have. I don't find it yucky though. I pretend I'm drinking grapefruit juice or some bitter orange juice and then it's actually nice to drink and I sip it slowly over some time enjoying every sip.

You can get so many green smoothies now that have chlorophyll in them. I believe Naked Juice, the green one (Green Machine), has both spirulina and chlorophyl IIRC and it tastes oh so good!

Silica...well Biosil is a good source of readily absorbed silicon. Only six drops in some juice and so you hardly taste it.

I have used a liquid B complex that is sublingual that doesn't taste bad at all.

yeah, there is another way. i call them dora the explora and they come in assorted flavors. same amount of vits as in the big horse pill size for the "grownups."

kiss is my motto even with my internal health.

i just can't do all the pills and bad tasting stuff. :nono:

So I take those things for overall health in addition to hair.
Flax - regularity, skin health, i was having dry skin and it solved that
chlorophyll - intestinal health. i tend to get indigestion a lot
msm - joints
silica - skin and nails
b-complex - mental health and energy

I'm trying yall. lol

Well, you could make a few changes and still get to take all of that if you want to w/o being grossed out. Instead of flaxseed oil, get the ground flax or chia. Chia has no taste whatsoever and is supposed to be better than flax (I use Anutra brand of chia from Whole Foods) and you just "mix" it in a drink (It doesn't really mix in juice, maybe a smoothie, but even if it floats in your drink, tastes OK--like a cereal) or sprinkle it in a salad or cereal. Ground flax by Barleans is so yummy that I don't mix it in anything. I just put two tablespoons in a bowl and eat with a teaspoon while drinking cranberry juice or acai/blueberry. It sticks to your teeth though so that's the only annoying thing. Otherwise, I put it in my steel cut oatmeal together with craisins and vanilla almond milk for a yummy breakfast cereal that needs no sugar.

MSM in orange juice might just be the only yuck you'll have to have. I don't find it yucky though. I pretend I'm drinking grapefruit juice or some bitter orange juice and then it's actually nice to drink and I sip it slowly over some time enjoying every sip.

You can get so many green smoothies now that have chlorophyll in them. I believe Naked Juice, the green one (Green Machine), has both spirulina and chlorophyl IIRC and it tastes oh so good!

Silica...well Biosil is a good source of readily absorbed silicon. Only six drops in some juice and so you hardly taste it.

I have used a liquid B complex that is sublingual that doesn't taste bad at all.
Question about flax. When I look at the label for the ground seeds it does not mention Omega 3, but the oil label has Omega 3, 6, and 9. Is there is difference in the benefits?

Question about flax. When I look at the label for the ground seeds it does not mention Omega 3, but the oil label has Omega 3, 6, and 9. Is there is difference in the benefits?

What label did you look at? The Barleans Forti-flax I was taking has all three Omegas.
This is what it looks like:
br0009.jpg

And this is the label:

FortiFlax.gif

Yea... why do you do that?:nono:

Hair will grow. Instead of choking down vile concotions why not eat a salad for vitamins and some chicken for protein? A regular vitamin and some water? I think its far easier to change a few food habits and eat the vitamins the way they naturally occur (buy bread with flaxseed or have some flaxseed tossed over cereal) versus trying to eat extracts and compounds and etc... Good luck with those vile shots.

Buy a pill cutter from your pharmacy and cut it in half. Take the halves separately so you don't feel like you're going to choke. I hate big pills. *shudders*

What label did you look at? The Barleans Forti-flax I was taking has all three Omegas.
This is what it looks like:
br0009.jpg

And this is the label:

FortiFlax.gif
My bad. I went to vitaminshoppe.com to look at their labels, but I guess they only had a partial one. Thanks!

Back