Why do people use Hairveda's Shikakai Oil?

sharifeh

Why exactly do people buy hairvedas shikakai oil? I think it's called cocasta? Is regular shikakai oil from an indian grocery store not good? Or does hairveda put something extra in theirs? What's the difference between the powder and the oil?

Because hairveda seems like an expensive line, I was just wondering if their shikakai oil was something special. :look:
Sorry for the dumb question, thanks in advance.

its shikakai and more..don't remember exactly

I don't buy it just because its shikakai oil. I love it as an oil I can use for hot oil treatments and I seal my hair. Plus it smells realy really good!!! I hadn't used it in about 2 months but I just went back to it this week

The Hesh brand Shikakai oil from the Indian stores contain mineral oil and a cone, and a lot of people (especially cowashers) try to avoid those ingredients. The Hairveda oil is all natural. As far as the actual shikakai powder goes, it has cleansing/shampoo-like properties so it's not exactly moisturizing.

As was mentioned, the Hairveda Cocasta Shikakai oil smells REALLY good. :lick:

She lists the ingredients on the site.

Ingredients include: Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulsis, Acacia Concinna Oil, Bacopa Monniera Oil, Emblica Officianalis Fruit Oil, Azadirachta Indica Seed Oil, Fragrance.

You can google the names but there is henna extract, almond oil, amla extract and brahmi extract in it among other ingredients.

Because it's the greatest, lol. It's thick and my hair loves it.

I could do without the rest of the products, but this oil is hair to stay. Oh and the amla cleansing cream is awesome too. It's like a shampoo conditioner

The Hesh brand Shikakai oil from the Indian stores contain mineral oil and a cone, and a lot of people (especially cowashers) try to avoid those ingredients. The Hairveda oil is all natural. As far as the actual shikakai powder goes, it has cleansing/shampoo-like properties so it's not exactly moisturizing.

As was mentioned, the Hairveda Cocasta Shikakai oil smells REALLY good. :lick:

Oh ok, I assumed the oil had the same shampoo like, anti-dandruff properties...

I love Hairveda's Shikakai oil. My hair is always soft and supple when I use it. Most oils you buy like the Hesh brand shikakai have mineral oil. I oil my scalp with hairveda's shikakai oil and I would not put mineral oil on my scalp.

Thanks ladies! This product seems to be a favorite. I may have to try this oil someday! I wonder if there are any options of shikakai oil w/o the mineral oil!

I use both the HV Shikakai oil and the Hesh. I use the Hesh to give myself a scalp massage every morning because for some reason this oil wakes me up.:drunk: And I believe I have even gotten some growth from using it. I don't have a problem with cones or mineral oil. It has some nice reviews on amazon. I use the HV oil on my scalp and the length of my hair. It smells really good and makes my hair really soft. I love the Hesh and my other cheapie oils to prepoo with and prefer to save my HV and Afroveda oils for leave ins.

I use both the HV Shikakai oil and the Hesh. I use the Hesh to give myself a scalp massage every morning because for some reason this oil wakes me up.:drunk: And I believe I have even gotten some growth from using it. I don't have a problem with cones or mineral oil. It has some nice reviews on amazon. I use the HV oil on my scalp and the length of my hair. It smells really good and makes my hair really soft. I love the Hesh and my other cheapie oils to prepoo with and prefer to save my HV and Afroveda oils for leave ins.

how often do you clarify?

Hmmmm, I'm a little confused. This oil does have cleansing properities. Would I just use it like any other oil and enjoy the fact that my hair is getting cleansed at the same time as being sealed? Or would you use it to prepoo before washing to help w/ cleansing the hair? I think the thing that is throwing me off is the cleansing properties part and then putting it on the length of my hair without rinsing it out. Can someone clarify all this for me?

Hairveda is a great company and they put love and care into their products. Cocosta oil is not a commerical grade oil that you buy in the Indian grocery stores. This is my number 1 oil for all things hair.

I LOVE this oil! The oil is very thick, and my hair soaks it up. Any other oil that I use just sits on top of my hair...when I oil my scalp, the oil seems to go into my hair, if this makes sense.

My hair has thrived since using this oil and no, it is not expensive at all! The Hesh brand is OK, but my hair just thrives with this oil as well as her AvoSoya oil. They smell so yummy and the single strand knots melt away!:spinning::yep:

Back