I selected:

• The beautiful healthy hair.
  • Finding a place that supports all hair

Adding:

• different tips and techniques
  • many inspirational members
  • great search feature

How about "having other people who love to talk about hair?"

my friend came over and asked me why i have so many products... i can't help myself

I enjoy the atmosphere here.....it feels like family:grouphug::circle:

We can argue :catfight: and help each other and cry together...just like a real family.

And i love looking at all these beautiful heads of hair. Plus these smilies are really cute and funny!!:lachen:

:shopping:<------product junkie!!:grin:

I discovered this site when googling certain questions i had about black hair care. If it was not for this forum, i would have never learned proper techniques to care for my hair. Thank you so much ladies. You have changed my life.

Re: Why do you love LHCF

I know I don't post much, but I truly appreciate the genuine support and camraderie. I love you guys!

I think I love this site a bit too much... For example, in 5 hours I'm supposed to be out the house and dressed to go to my bffs bday dinner, after baking a cake and salmon patties, meanwhile I haven't even gone to the supermarket yet because I've spent the morning here :look:.

I love this site.. it can be funny, entertaining, informative, inspiring, depressing.. I love that it isn't just all about hair, but life for women of color.

I selected the beauty of black women achieving their hair goals. I feel that as black women we all have issues and want a central place where we can come together and get a variety of views and tips on how to achieve our hair goals. I discovered this place approx. 8 years ago but it wasn't until 2 years ago that decided to join. I'm really looking for support now more than ever because I'm dealing with some serious health issues that directly affect my hair.

The way I look at it is that we're all in this together-- whether you're natural, relaxed, locs, etc. For me, while it is really "just a forum about hair" it goes much deeper than that.
We're a community of black women sticking together to overcome something that most of us have dealt with all our lives. The negative stereotypes about our hair and our beauty, the misinformation, the bad practices (washing 1x per month, using grease, etc) that we were raised on, the myths we were fed and forced to accept (our hair just won't grow). It is just hair and it doesn't make or break us, but as black women we have long struggled with these things. When I found LHCF I was encouraged by the other ladies on here. Everyone is nice, helpful, and this is a happy place to grow, learn, and better ourselves. We can finally break free from the myths and stigma surrounding our hair. We are free here. I love LHCF!

I love this place because you are rarely judged, you get excellent advice and support, you make me laugh and there's so much love.

LHCF is officially my new crack and I always need a fix :hippie:

Back