Who's read this book?

Neen

Who's read this book?...It's good

Healthy Black Hair: Step-by-Step Instructions for Growing Longer, Stronger Hair by Nichole Elizabeth Smith.
It's not in print any more but I don't know why. I read the table of contents and some excerpts on amazon and the author seems on point. I ordered it but haven't gotten it yet. Anyone else read it? Check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/097...714-1953469?_encoding=UTF8&p=S00D#reader-link

I guess I like the fact that she is the only author that seems to include more stuff about vitamins and minerals (like MSM, biotin, folic acid) plus stuff on yoga, thyroid, etc.. it's like she knows hair is connected to the whole body.

And, she finally said that some people can't tolerate a relaxer (like me...I, too, am like her friend with the light brown, fine hair) but she didn't totally dis the relaxer.

Last edited:
Re: Who's read this book?...It's good

I just ordered this book! It will get here next week. I am looking forward to reading it.

:woot: I'm geeked. Hopefully we'll have a wealth of info to share :yep:.

I read it. I thought she made a lot of good points. She actually gives you a week by week guide to what you should be doing to your hair from the date of your touch up to the date of your next touch up. She talks about protective styles, and she mentions specific products and their pros and cons. It is a quick read but a good reference book.

I read it also. Its a good book. She gives regimens along with product recommendations for different types of hair. I wonder why its out of print.

Back