Who's in the driver seat?

He does majority of the driving. When he visits me I drive, bc we drive on the other side of the road. I didn't want him to wreck. But when I visited him/business trip and had a rental, he drove that.

When you're out with your SO/DH who does the majority of the driving? Would it bother you if your man always hoped in the passenger seat?

I ask because we hang out with a couple on our street and I noticed that the wife drives 90 percent of the time....even when we go out on a double date and they volunteer to drive. I think it bugs me even more now that she is pregnant.

Would this bother you or does it really matter?

There could be a good reason for this, or he might be a jerk. Why don't you inquire and find out?

Maybe he has a disability that is not visible?

Make sure you report back :look:

There could be a good reason for this, or he might be a jerk. Why don't you inquire and find out?

Maybe he has a disability that is not visible?

Make sure you report back :look:

keyawarren
I know for sure he doesn't have any disabilities, in fact he just bought a new car. I think subconsciously it bothers me that he doesn't work either (aspiring "entrepreneur") so it's like dang what do you do.

I really believe he got her pregnant (his idea) so he could buy more time to not work...but that's another topic....:look:

My boo drives 98% of the time from everything to a leisurely drive or road trips.

I'll drive if he's sleep-deprived, sick, in pain, etc (in other words, only if he simply cannot)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I do most of the driving. SO suffers from babyitis. As soon as the car starts moving, he falls asleep. Good thing I like to drive.

Last edited:
Hubby does most of the driving just because I want to chill while int he car. Sometimes I feels like driving, so I do.
I don't think that there's anything wrong with women doing the driving. More important things to worry about.

When we're in the states I drive, here (in France) he does.

In general I really like driving and I miss it. I also think I'm a better driver than DH (more calm and more flexible) so I would rather do our driving. I may take the wheel in the future once I learn to use a manual car.

He drives because we always take his car and he refuses to let me drive his car :look: For road trips, i drive for like an hour cos i hate driving on looong stretches of road. I start seeing double :lol:

He drives most of the time because I just hate driving...But I will if I just don't have the patience to deal with his terrible sense of direction. I do prefer to use his car though.

My boo drives 98% of the time from everything to a leisurely drive or road trips. I'll drive if he's sleep-deprived, sick, in pain, etc (in other words, only if he simply cannot) Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Same here only when absolutely necessary

i actually dont like to see a woman driving a man around either--it just looks so off and weird to me...iunno

but every couple is different...dh drives i only drive if I'm in the mood or if he has had to many drinks...

i just wanna hop in the car and look/sit pretty...review my face..make sure all is well..seat dance to the music...and relax...lmaooo:lol:

I don't like to see it either. It's not my business of course but it really bothers me.

I saw something once that made me cringe. We were sitting outside a restaurant waiting for the thing to buzz. A couple pulls in beside us; the woman was driving. She got out, left him in the car, and went inside to check on the wait. I guess it was too long because she came back out and drove off. Not only did she drive but SHE GOT OUT OF THE CAR TO CHECK ON THE WAIT. I was so irrationally angry that I told myself he had a broken leg.

Dh drives all the time.

The only time I drove him around was when he was getting treatments at the hospital and had to go back and forth.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

im going to drive my car specifically to spite this whole idea of gendered driving. im really not into that personally. im not saying we wont switch off and on but i am not going to not drive my car just because people have weird ideas about gender.

im going to drive my car specifically to spite this whole idea of gendered driving. im really not into that personally. im not saying we wont switch off and on but i am not going to not drive my car just because people have weird ideas about gender.

don't shoot me but you really hate gendered norms. lol

You're like super feminist in your relationship approach, it's kinda interesting to observe sometimes. not necessarily a bad thing, just different. to each her own.

don't shoot me but you really hate gendered norms. lol You're like super feminist in your relationship approach, it's kinda interesting to observe sometimes. not necessarily a bad thing, just different. to each her own.

why would i be offended by that :lol: its true :lol: im not like raging butch feminist but there are a lot of girl rules i just dont want to play by. i do what i want and gender rules conflict with a lot of it.

And I would never let him drive my car. He has a car that he can drive us around in.

I drive his car sometimes tho lol.

And I would never let him drive my car. He has a car that he can drive us around in.

I drive his car sometimes tho lol.

I'm about 50/50 on who's car we take. I like his for dates because it's nicer but we take my car for everything else. It's my way of getting my gas tank filled so I don't have to do it. :lol:

I'm about 50/50 on who's car we take. I like his for dates because it's nicer but we take my car for everything else. It's my way of getting my gas tank filled so I don't have to do it. :lol:

I used to do that for gas, too :lol: But my hate for driving eventually overpowered my need to have my gas pumped lol.

And he has an amazing sense of direction! He can get anywhere! Even if he's never been there! Cuz he studies maps and knows which roads go where and intersects where cuz he's a loser lol. But it's really quite fascinating to me. Because I couldn't begin to tell you where North, South, East and West are :lol: I have No sense of direction :lol: He recently bought me a compass...as a joke... cuz he's mean like that lol.

Back