Who's hair is encouraging to you?

Hair2Dye4

This thread is not intended to start up a good hair/bad hair controversy, but I'm just looking to honest opinions.

There are many different types of ethnicities and ethnic "mixtures" on this board, but when I look for hair growth encouragement through photos, I tend to lean towards those with average grade hair (4's) that came from a not so good starting point to a now healthy BSL or beyond.

In my opinion, which may even be ingnorance, women of certain races tend to genetically have faster growing hair and don't give me that same sence of hope.

Who's hair is encouraging to you?

Last edited:
Chicoro, KiniKakes, Velvet, LadyLibra, SouthernTease, and Traycee hair is encouraging to me for different reasons.

Chicoro and LadyLibra because they have hair texture similar to mine but thicker.

KiniKakes because her hair is fine like mine.

Velvet because I like the way she describes her hair and one day I hope to see my hair the same.

SouthernTease because we have similar hair texture and she reminds me of when I transistion except I didn't do as good of a job as she. I love her blog.

Traycee has the hair I wish I could have; her hair reminds me of my sister's hair. I find her encouraging because I think her hair texture is more common among black women than mine. I think a lot of little girls and women can look up to Traycee and think "wow she has hair like mine, if she can do it, so can i."

I'm sorta new here so I'm not familiar with everyone yet, but SouthernTease and BlackBarbie :urock:coz' I've just started transitioning without the BC and they are doing an excellent job of this.
Oh, and Mook's Hair!

I kindof feel like the OP. I get really encourage by ladies who have type 4 hair, that started off their hair journey with humble beginnings and grew their hair to full APL or below. I also like to see fine haired ladies progress!

Sylver2, Velvet, Samantha Jones, Pinkskates, and Naturalgurl are my hair idols. But, I would also include any sisters that started from humble beginning (severe breakage, slow growth, etc) that are now enjoying beautiful, healthy hair.:yep:

Last edited:
I kindof feel like the OP. I get really encourage by ladies who have type 4 hair, that started off their hair journey with humble beginnings and grew their hair to full APL or below. I also like to see fine haired ladies progress!

And thats why I try and document my journey because a lot people refuse to let others know how pick headed they were at one point in time!!:nono: :lol:

My two main ones are sonce and Sera 252

Sera I don't believe is on this forum.

Here is her link. http://comments.fotki.com/Sera252/

We are all 4b naturals.:yep: They both have hair somewhere near or at their waist.:yep: I am not there yet!:ohwell: But I am working on it.:yep:

I know this time next year I gotta be close dagnabit! :spinning:

Back