Whoever reccomended vertical braids for a sew in

bmoreflyygirl said:
It probably was :lol: I feel like I'm the only person who ever responds to weave threads. Me and RabiaElaine.

:lachen: :lachen: Awww thanks bmore! Yeah Vertical braids are the truth!!! That's what helped me grow my hair over the last 6 months. It's easy to do, I don't lose or thin out my hair. Best of all you only need a few of them, I've done as few as 5-8 cornrows. Right now I have in 5 and they aren't falling apart, and my weave isn't bulky at ALL! Love them.

Reneice doesn't say what braiding method she used to grow her hair out, I have a feeling they were vertical.

Vertical braids+Leaving weave in for 4 weeks+moisture+regular washes= MEGA GROWTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me anyway!!!!!!

HoneyDew said:
Girl please, there is nothing wrong with the cheaper hair. Actually for me, some of the cheaper ones blend better with my texture, but they end ou tangling and shedding more. Trade off I guess. The more expensive ones tend to be too silky for me, but they shed and tanlge less. I guess that is why everyone loves the EP hair, you get the best of both worlds. It is too expensive, though. The only thing that has got me leaning towards getting it is that you can reuse it.

If I get that hair and cannot reuse it, I am going to be PISSED.

Your weave looks so natural! That is what I want!

I have an appointment Wednesday to get my hair done at that other place. She only works WED. THUR FRI :perplexed But, the clients that she had there made me feel good about seeing her. We had a good consulation when I was in. She really focuses on hair health and growth and I liked that. She knows about LHCF, too.

Trust me you can reuse it. Just keep it washed and conditioned regularly like you would your own hair and you can use for a LONG time!

sherylin123 said:
Give your thanks to RabiaElaine..she was the one who came up with this new way and gives step by step instructions.

Aww thanks!!!!!!!!!! I credit Bmore, LiLi, and Godsflowerr for vertical braids though. I believe I first learned about it from them. Either way they work. Ever since then I've been testifying about vertical braids!:grin:

bmoreflyygirl said:
I've had a circle before too. You have to be careful with that though because sometimes it ends up looking like a beehive. That happened to my friend. She paid this woman $150 at PG Plaza bc she needed her hair done at the last minute for a funeral and it looked horrible. :perplexed She went back twice and tried to get the lady to fix it with no avail. She just took it out. I would have demanded my money back but she didn't. IDK why... She only went back to begin with because our other friend made her.

:eek: :lol: :lol: :eek:

RabiaElaine said:
:lachen: :lachen: Awww thanks bmore! Yeah Vertical braids are the truth!!! That's what helped me grow my hair over the last 6 months. It's easy to do, I don't lose or thin out my hair. Best of all you only need a few of them, I've done as few as 5-8 cornrows. Right now I have in 5 and they aren't falling apart, and my weave isn't bulky at ALL! Love them.

Reneice doesn't say what braiding method she used to grow her hair out, I have a feeling they were vertical.

Vertical braids+Leaving weave in for 4 weeks+moisture+regular washes= MEGA GROWTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me anyway!!!!!!

You're welcome Rabia. You're an expert now. :)

Ladies

Those of you who self-weave do you cut the hair into a style after or is it good to go after your done?

I am thinking of trying this out this weekend.
  1. I plan to use 12 inches for the top rows and 14 for the bottom so it looks like layers.
  2. Also, i am 6 weeks post but usually go 9 weeks. I should be ok stretching my relaxer right?
  3. Or, should i just wait until i relax my hair?
I guess it depends if I buy straight or wavy/curly hair.

Anyway any input is good input.

thanks..g

TIA!!!

G

the first time I had someone do the vertical, I was sooo scared. When it was it was sooo fly! It lays very flat and hides bulk from the longest hair

Sweetg said:
Ladies

Those of you who self-weave do you cut the hair into a style after or is it good to go after your done?

I am thinking of trying this out this weekend.
  1. I plan to use 12 inches for the top rows and 14 for the bottom so it looks like layers.
  2. Also, i am 6 weeks post but usually go 9 weeks. I should be ok stretching my relaxer right?
  3. Or, should i just wait until i relax my hair?
I guess it depends if I buy straight or wavy/curly hair.

Anyway any input is good input.

thanks..g

TIA!!!

G

No I don't cut it. I did once because the hair was entirely too long but I usually dont. If I want it layered, I'll buy two different lengths. I usually just leave it alone. The weave should help you with the stretching. However if you're getting straight hair, you don't want your edges looking rough since your so many weeks post. Maybe you should get some curly or wavy hair to help camoflauge your new growth.

prettypuff1 said:
Help... I need to know how to close the front

You have to leave the part thats going to cover the track out of the braids in the front. Unless you're trying to do a full head, then you need to sew it differently.

Sweetg said:
Ladies

I used one pack of hair and it was all the same length, but when I was finished, it fell nicely and naturally, and looked like it was kinda in layers. SO I didnt have to cut it. But I did cut it a few days later cuz I wanted it to be shorter.

Thanks Ladies for your suggestion.

Bmore....i went and bought straight hair on my lunch. shooot. have you ever just relxed the front only?

maybe i can do that and leave it in for 6 weeks.
Can you let me know what you think please???

:) :) :) :) :)

thanks

OK I am very very anti weave. I've only worn a weave once in my 20 + years of living and y'all got me wanting to try this:eek:

we'll see.......

like I said: very anti weave......

What I like about this method is that I can keep a weave longer. What was happening with the horizontal method was that my hair was really growing fast. As the hair grows, the hair seems to shift backwards as the hair grows from the scalp. I would always require frequent "tightenings" in the front so that I could continue to cover the tracks with the hair left out.With the vertical my "hair" does not shift and I can wear it longer without having to tighten or replacing the hair. Which is great for me. The sew in I have currently, I plan on wearing probably anotehr month or as long as the hair continues to look good. The older it gets the better it get, the more compliments I get, and the more natural it looks. It a curly type hair that resembles curls like Rachel true (including the color). One of my favorite do's. Underneath I got my MTG and I declare it is not playing. Three weeks into the sew in I had an inch. :lol: . Love my MTG.

My next install, I do the vertical braids. I have the horizontal it doesn't necessarily look bulky but whenever I want to get access to my scalp it is extremely difficult. I hope that with the vertical I can easily clean and moisturize my scalp.

When I used to wear weaves, my Jamaican stylist used to do it like that all the time. It was so quick. The only thing though, because I was natural so I couldn't leave out the front, she'd bond a few tracks in at the top, which I suppose isn't very healthy.
I got many compliments though, because it was so flat and swingy.

Guapa1 said:
When I used to wear weaves, my Jamaican stylist used to do it like that all the time. It was so quick. The only thing though, because I was natural so I couldn't leave out the front, she'd bond a few tracks in at the top, which I suppose isn't very healthy.
I got many compliments though, because it was so flat and swingy.

Guapa1 - Do you know of another way of weaving the front without glue?
I've never had a weave but want to try with the vertical plaits but being natural i would need a full weave.

When the glue was used did it damage your hair and how easy/hard was it to get out?

Can anyone give me an idea as to how a full weave is done at the front?

Does anybody have a step by step tutorial on how to weaves this way in your fotki, it would be much appreciated.

Bublin said:
I've never had a weave but want to try with the vertical plaits but being natural i would need a full weave.

When the glue was used did it damage your hair and how easy/hard was it to get out?

It gets closed up at the top of the head and not the hairline.

KeraKrazy said:
Does anybody have a step by step tutorial on how to weaves this way in your fotki, it would be much appreciated.

I tried this on my own hair once and it came out great. However, I ended up taking it out after 3 days because I just got bored with the curly hair and didn't want to risk heat damage to my own hair (as I did b4). I plan on doing a tutorial when I do it on my mom's hair next week so I will post it in my fotki when I finish.

Bublin said:

Bublin, the only way the stylist did it was with the glue. She bonded the top and the glue wasn't hard on my hair in all truthfulness. I only stopped when I read on here that bonding was bad for the hair. But I took my time taking it out and combing the glue out. It was only a small portion of hair anyway.

Back