Who Uses Shikakai Powder as a Shampoo?

Seeking8Rights

Please post here and provide your experiences with using Shikakai powder as a shampoo. I'm considering doing such to see what benefits it offers with my hair, which is why I am asking.

Also please provide information as to where you purchase your powder.

TIA :)

I purchase from local indian stores = 100 grams for $1.99 and I mix coupla of tablespoons in condish for co-wash. Excellent cleanser that leaves my hair strong and moisturized. Love it on my non-henna wash days . . .

Good tip, Neroli. I bought some shikakai recently and was just going to mix it with water. What proportion of powder to conditioner do you use?

Good tip, Neroli. I bought some shikakai recently and was just going to mix it with water. What proportion of powder to conditioner do you use?

It is not a precise measure, but I use approximately 2 tablespoons shikakai to 1 cup condish. Basically add enough skikakai until condish nice thick mud, then apply to hair . . .

Thanks, Neroli.

Does shikakai rinse out easily? Also I read on LHC where an Indian woman said she stopped using it because it blocked her drain. Have you experienced any problem like this?

Keclee: your're welcome!

Miss Tress: I've been using henna, shikakai & amla powders every week for over a year now and have not experience any drian problem whatsoever.

Back