Who uses egg for their protein treatment?

Neith

Seems like a cheap way to get a nice shot of protein into your hair...

Some feel that the protein in egg is too big to penetrate the hair to make an effective protein treatment.

What's the real deal on eggs used topically?

I used to, and then found out I was protein sensitive :look:
I definitely think it's an effective (almost too effective) protein treatment.

I started to use it. I mix it with Yougurt and Mayo. It work nice 4 me, i put that and then DCing with my mix with honey, and Emergencia. My hair feels so soft after that.

How can you tell you are protein sensitive??

I mix one egg in my Mizani Moisturfuse and DC with it...it works very well. Macherieamour just puts straight egg on her hair and it definitely ain't hurting her none :yep:

Eggs are my only protein treat.

Eggs, Olive oil.... Whip and go....
Awesome stuff. I no longer use any other product for that purpose ( I used to use yogurt)

"Too big to penetrate" is marketing propaganda. People have been using eggs in hair for decades.

I've used egg before with my Nexxus Humectress for moisture and really didn't notice a difference in my hair. So i'm not sure if it's working or not, the only thing I hate is always finding a little bit of egg in my hair afterwards. And the water is as cold as I can get it. It may be due to the fact that i'm sitting for 45 min with a shower cap. I dont know but i'm not a big fan of it.

I mix one egg in my Mizani Moisturfuse and DC with it...it works very well. Macherieamour just puts straight egg on her hair and it definitely ain't hurting her none :yep:

I've been using it alone the way Macherieamour does in her youtube video for a couple of weeks now w/o any problems.:yep:

I do, I do! :grin:

If egg protein is too big to penetrate, I don't care. It does a good job of temporarily coating then, and therefore I like it as a cheap protein treatment. :yep:

I currently mix mine with avocado (which I am pretty sure does penetrate), honey, olive oil and baby food banana.

My last protein treatment I used egg and evoo. I will use this for now on vs ApHogee. ApHogee burns the mess out of my hands and neck due to my eczema.

I started to use it. I mix it with Yougurt and Mayo. It work nice 4 me, i put that and then DCing with my mix with honey, and Emergencia. My hair feels so soft after that.

How can you tell you are protein sensitive??

I've never experienced this, but your hair gets brittle and doesn't easily accept moisture I think.

Eggs are my only protein treat.

Eggs, Olive oil.... Whip and go....
Awesome stuff. I no longer use any other product for that purpose ( I used to use yogurt)

"Too big to penetrate" is marketing propaganda. People have been using eggs in hair for decades.

Ahhh. Didn't even think of that. I'm definitely going to be trying eggs then :yep:

I've used egg before with my Nexxus Humectress for moisture and really didn't notice a difference in my hair. So i'm not sure if it's working or not, the only thing I hate is always finding a little bit of egg in my hair afterwards. And the water is as cold as I can get it. It may be due to the fact that i'm sitting for 45 min with a shower cap. I dont know but i'm not a big fan of it.

Are you sitting under heat, or does your body heat scramble it a little?? I really don't want to be trying to get egg out of my hair :lol:

I've been using it alone the way Macherieamour does in her youtube video for a couple of weeks now w/o any problems.:yep:

I looked at that video today. Can't be bad... her hair is gorgeous :yep:

Do you all use a plastic cap? Or just let it sit? The thought of getting egg out of my dense and shrunken hair is horrible. Is it effective without a plastic cap? Does mixing it with other stuff help it to not scramble?

I do!

And trust, it does penetrate.

My hair has been very balanced for months now, so I'm not sure I've actually done a straight protein (or moisture for that matter - my products contain both for the msot part too) treat since winter.

I do!! And I love it! I either do a egg with mayo version, or I add the egg to whatever conditioner I am using to DC with. it does penetrate and does give me what I need, strength, but soft and shiny.

Are you sitting under heat, or does your body heat scramble it a little?? I really don't want to be trying to get egg out of my hair :lol:

I always use a bag on my head because eggs are runny and drippy. Anytime I use egg in my hair, I might later find a small bit here or there. I think it's just because of the mucus-like texture of egg. (I know, that was gross but I couldn't think of a better word. :blush: )

However... if you scramble egg in your hair (usually from rinsing in hot water), trust me, you'll know. It sucks big fat hairy toes. :lol: You basically have to try and wash it all over again, detangle and pick/peel it off every last strand of hair.

I hope that makes you a little less paranoid about using a bag/plastic cap. ;)

I do!

And trust, it does penetrate.

My hair has been very balanced for months now, so I'm not sure I've actually done a straight protein (or moisture for that matter - my products contain both for the msot part too) treat since winter.

Agreed....
When I started using eggs and yogurt as proetien treatments.... I landed on 5.5 inches in that year.... of growth.
I am a beeeeeeliever.

I used to use eggs (with oil and mayo) as protein and it definitely strengthened my hair but I prefer yogurt because it gave me strength and made my hair soft. I have protein sensitive hair.

I used to use eggs (with oil and mayo) as protein and it definitely strengthened my hair but I prefer yogurt because it gave me strength and made my hair soft. I have protein sensitive hair.

Just an FYI... Yogurt contains more protien than eggs....

I always use a bag on my head because eggs are runny and drippy. Anytime I use egg in my hair, I might later find a small bit here or there. I think it's just because of the mucus-like texture of egg. (I know, that was gross but I couldn't think of a better word. :blush: )

However... if you scramble egg in your hair (usually from rinsing in hot water), trust me, you'll know. It sucks big fat hairy toes. :lol: You basically have to try and wash it all over again, detangle and pick/peel it off every last strand of hair.

I hope that makes you a little less paranoid about using a bag/plastic cap. ;)

Yeah, I was afraid my body heat would get trapped in there and cook the egg. :lol:

I'm gonna have to check out the yogurt too one of these days :yep:

I use Stonyfield Farms Organic Plain Yogurt
32oz-WM-Plain.jpg

It has 9 grams of protein in a 1 cup serving

An egg has about 6 grams of protein per egg. 4 Large Eggs = 1 cup

So 1 cup of eggs has about 24 grams of protein.

I think eggs have more protein than yogurt. But it would depend on how much you use.

Back