Who is or used to be shy around the menfolk?

I used to be deathly afraid of talking to cute guys, but I realized they are human just like me. When talking to someone I think of as a potential date though, I don't think of it as a possible match/date/whatever you wanna call it, I just talk to them like I'm just trying to be their friend and nothing more and that makes it easier for me to be myself and not get anxious and flustered.

I suck around guys, especially guys that I don't know. I fall to pieces whenever I make eye contact. Its funny because there is this one guy I am working with on a project and everytime we talk it is lateral. We never have face to face conversation we stand beside each other and talk.

One time i was in the store walking to a checkout line. The one i was going to had a cute guy in it and i would've been right behind him so i shook left to another line... it prolly didn't help that i had on sweats and a scarf. When i'm looking bummy my confidence is the lowest :sad:

I heard this often works - try imagining the guy in a funny/silly situation or outfit eg Spidermans leotard or ..with a frogs body. Or using hula hoops.
Bascially anything you find silly or crazy. It should not be so funny you laugh outrightly in his face but enough so it relaxes you, you give a genuine warm smile and it "normalizes" him.

I have the same situation...I am always gooofy/dorky...but in a cute/fun way.
But I am shy around guys I like or find attractive. I usually have a hard time finding the words to say...
are shy girls intimidating?? Do we come off mean or whatever? I swear its put a barrior on me and relationships lol.
I wish I could have a gay guy friend...but that's not something you can just go and get lol...
I also have guy friends and I am cool around them...but it's just the cute guys I get all grade school with.

Bu

I'm shy around anybody. I'm shy to speak first, my voice is already kind of soft so that doesn't help.
I'm shy to approach men, so I will just admire and not say anything to them. If they approach me then fine we can chat from there. Usually I will see a cute guy and leave feeling defeated because I didn't say anything. sigh.

I always get the 'why don't you smile', 'why you look so mean' comments. But most times its just a defense mechanism. I also meet guys that are scared to approach me as well, they will glance or stare 50-11 times and not say anything. :wallbash:

Back