Who has had/done a corrective relaxer?

itismehmmkay

How did it turn out?

Who did it?

Why was it done?

I am (again) thinking about doing a corrective relaxer. I was worried about losing thickness, but not I'm rethinking /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

My sister and i did one the other day, my hair was seriously underprocessed, dry and breaking because of Fiberguard relaxer which was not conditioing enough and too weak for my hair.

here's how it turned out. sorry, i don't have a before pic.
68575411.jpg

I did one about two months ago. I had been using affirm no/lye and switched to affirm lye. It was done by a good friend that does most of my relaxers (unless I'm traveling and have to do it myself.)

Basically what we did was this. I had a little over 8wks of new growth. So we parted my hair into 6 sections. She applied the relaxer to the new growth only in the top two sections and the two back sections. I applied the relaxer to the two front sections because I could look in the mirror and see those sections good. Once applied, she smoothed through her 4 sections and I smoothed my two section. This took about 20 minutes. Then, we applied the relaxer all the way through to the ends of my hair and left it on for about 5 minutes, and started the rinsing process.

Since then my hair has been a lot less dry and has a lot more bounce & movement. For one while it started breaking & shedding really bad and I thought I had made a huge mistake, but for me it was the daily infusium 23 that was breaking my hair. Once I stopped using that and did some treatments, it's been improving more and more.

I had one last year.

It turned out great.

A woman named Luisa from a Dominican Salon did it.

It was done because myself and a previous hairdresser had underprocessed my hair and it was too frizzy.

Here's my REVIEW. and my hair retained it's thickness
38697228.jpg

I can wear a wash and go already, I did it because the roots were tangling and knotting up. So I loosened it up a little more. Den- I love the size of your curls but I am scared I am gonna miss that point and go straight to straight hair.

[ QUOTE ]
I can wear a wash and go already, I did it because the roots were tangling and knotting up. So I loosened it up a little more. Den- I love the size of your curls but I am scared I am gonna miss that point and go straight to straight hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I had to strecth my coils more, to even out with straighter sections that my last crazy stylist did, now i don't have a problem with textures. As long as i keep the consistency throughout my hair.

See den1 you can't go around putting up pictures everywhere because what you don't understand is that it is cheaper to hop a flight to London and show up on your doorstep for a corrective than it is to go to Curve's. LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
See den1 you can't go around putting up pictures everywhere because what you don't understand is that it is cheaper to hop a flight to London and show up on your doorstep for a corrective than it is to go to Curve's. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gifLOL but seriously curve salon sounds soo expensive.. I did my little sister's corrective the other day, her hair is more tightly curly than mine, it looks great better than what that stylist did to her hair. i also helped relax my eldest sister's hair. We don't visit salon's anymore for chemicals treatments, since we've all been screwed over by the same stylist.

I did one on my own. I actually flat ironed my hair first and then re-applied the relaxer to the new growth that was seriously underprocessed by the Affirm Fiberguard. I don't actually suggest this for others, but I've done it before and it works very well for ME! I usually have my hair straightened 25 hrs before relaxing. The one time I didn't, I had problems.

Back