Who has a FHI dryer and a pik that fits?

Butterfly08

I just got a great deal on the dryer but I'm having no luck finding a pik attachment! :wallbash: FHI representatives say they don't make them. :rolleyes: This dryer is too big for the Sally's and BSS piks. The Chi dryer was too big as well - I wonder if a Chi pik would fit?

Ladies please chime in, I'm desparate to use my dryer! :sad:

I think it depends on what model you have. I have the Nano Salon Pro. I used the comb attachment from my Conair Yellow Bird. The fit is a bit snug so I never take it off. It works great.

I have a Yellow Bird comb too and it doesn't fit. I have the Nano Pro Weight pink dryer. I previously purchased the Chi and took it back because I couldn't find an attachment. Both of them are way bigger than attachments sold in BSS. :nono:

With Chi: I was told that you have to call Chi and tell them you need the pik and they will send it to you, just make sure you buy it at an authorize seller salon or they won't send it to you. Also Ateya from youtube said the same thing!

Ok I went to Trade Secret and they let me try the Chi attachment onto the Fhi dryer. It doesn't fit. :nono: So back to square 1. I will try the $18 attachment at Folica next. I really don't want to have to return this dryer.

I might need to rig something up. :look: Get gh***o with it. :grin:

This is OLD but for anyone looking for a comb attachment that will fit an FHI hair dryer...Conair universal fit dual pik fits...got it from sallys. I will be trying other brands as well so that women have choices and options :)

Im so glad everyone posted this. I have A Fhi dryer and was wondering the same thing. What happened to the day dryers came with a brush and a comb attachment?

Have you tried something like this:
http://www.folica.com/ELCHIM_Thermo_B_d3303.html

It is adjustable.
I have an FHI Nano and I use this attachment or one similar to it. It is adjustable and does fit the dryer. Only thing is, it keeps slipping off because the fit is not snug enough. So I rigged it up. I took all of the adjuster rings out of the attachment. I applied some masking tape to my dryer(enough to make the fit snug. You just have to gauge it) and it works like a charm. I have three dryers so I never take the attachment of of this particular one. I style a lot of really thick hair and I love this attachment.

Yep, she's right. Ulta has them, too.

I had an FHI and couldn't find a pik that would fit. I am just going to get the GVP dryer from Sally's because I HAVE to use a pik or else I don't know what I am doing. Etheral are you natural in your avatar. I am transitioning and I am looking at your picture for inspiration:)

This is OLD but for anyone looking for a comb attachment that will fit an FHI hair dryer...Conair universal fit dual pik fits...got it from sallys. I will be trying other brands as well so that women have choices and options :)

Hmm, I have the nano and I tried Sally's before and none of their piks worked. I am definitely willing to give it another shot tho! That dryer is awesome! But I need my pik! :tantrum:

I have an FHI Nano and I use this attachment or one similar to it. It is adjustable and does fit the dryer. Only thing is, it keeps slipping off because the fit is not snug enough. So I rigged it up. I took all of the adjuster rings out of the attachment. I applied some masking tape to my dryer(enough to make the fit snug. You just have to gauge it) and it works like a charm. I have three dryers so I never take the attachment of of this particular one. I style a lot of really thick hair and I love this attachment.

I'm so glad you posted this. I have the same dryer and attachment and it fits but its not secure. I may try it with masking tape. I had already purchased a brush and was determined to master my stylist's technique but I'd much rather do this.

I tried this and it worked great! Thanks again for the tip. :yep:

I used the old attachment off my cheapie Conair dryer from target. Doesn't slip or anything. I'm not sure of the exact model because I have had it for a few years and the writing is gone. I happened to try it on my dryer and it fit.

Back