Is Being a PJ Really That Bad?

Yeah, being a PJ can be fun, but so can gambling and other habits that can get a bit out of control if you don't curb your enthusiasm.

I feel that being a PJ is not always beneficial to the health of your hair. Using so many different shampoos, conditioners, oils, butters, etc. can throw off the hair's balance and quite often can have adverse effects. Some products don't work well with others, which can lead to hair shedding, breakage, dryness - all of which is detrimental to not only your hair's health, but your body's health as well. Whatever you put in your head is potentially going into your body. The negative thing is that most PJ's don't know what they may be allergic to or what is bad for their hair when things go awry because they're putting everything under the sun into their head! I speak from my own experience of PJism.

Of course this is not the case with all PJ's, but it's best that you take precation with trying out all the different hair products. I say if it ain't broke, do't fix it! If you have a regime that works, no need to mess with it on a continuous basis.

I have a reggie that works, but I'm always trying to make it better and I honestly feel like I discover new stuff every month. And even though I like to try lots of things I'm still very selective. I'm very anti-growth aid so you won't find coochie cream up in my scalp. But I'm not knocking it if someone else loves it.

I couldn't imagine spending 100 bucks on horse shampoo, but hey once again, make it do what it do if that works for you!

I will go weak at the knees with herbal products, salon products, dominican products, good DCs/leave ins, oils and butters. :yep: I hope to try em all b/f the deal is done. I wanna have a product portfolio like little golden lamb (hope I got her name right).

I'm a proud PJ and don't care who knows it. I hate when anyone tries to tell me "You don't need that!" ****, that's my hair is like this and yours isn't, right? Mmmmmkay.

PJ to the core dammit. As long as I'm buying my own stuff, that's my bidniss. Don't judge me lol.

*Lovingly eyes new purchases on dresser*

I have a reggie that works, but I'm always trying to make it better and I honestly feel like I discover new stuff every month. And even though I like to try lots of things I'm still very selective. I'm very anti-growth aid so you won't find coochie cream up in my scalp. But I'm not knocking it if someone else loves it.

I couldn't imagine spending 100 bucks on horse shampoo, but hey once again, make it do what it do if that works for you!

I will go weak at the knees with herbal products, salon products, dominican products, good DCs/leave ins, oils and butters. :yep: I hope to try em all b/f the deal is done. I wanna have a product portfolio like little golden lamb (hope I got her name right).

HALLELUYER to the bolded...

Nothing wrong with being a pj if you are supporting your own habit :imo:

It's not like I'm begging folks to contribute to the Buy-KP-Some-Products Fund, so I'm proud to be a PJ and I actually use all of my products, I just rotate them.

Nothing wrong with being a pj if you are supporting your own habit :imo:

It's not like I'm begging folks to contribute to the Buy-KP-Some-Products Fund, so I'm proud to be a PJ and I actually use all of my products, I just rotate them.

Damn right. Now people kill me with the "how can you afford this and that?"

Is that any of your damn business? I should tell them by hooking lol. How else you think I do, I get up and go to work! If you ain't sucking my toes and paying for my ish then don't worry about how I support my habit lol

Damn right. Now people kill me with the "how can you afford this and that?"

Is that any of your damn business? I should tell them by hooking lol. How else you think I do, I get up and go to work! If you ain't sucking my toes and paying for my ish then don't worry about how I support my habit lol

Rough day? :grin: Get em told, Ri!

Most true PJ's I know take their um, craft, very seriously and wish a em effa would try to run up or speak on it...run up and get done up!! :hardslap::clubu: PUNKS JUMP UP TO GET BEAT DOWN!!!! :lachen:

I'm a proud PJ and don't care who knows it. I hate when anyone tries to tell me "You don't need that!" ****, that's my hair is like this and yours isn't, right? Mmmmmkay.

PJ to the core dammit. As long as I'm buying my own stuff, that's my bidniss. Don't judge me lol.

*Lovingly eyes new purchases on dresser*

**whispers** whudya get?

The blessing is being a PJ is why I found all the products I love now

but I've always wanted to find them and then stick with them and have plenty of just those products around

I never want to just keep it going and going though

PREACH!!!!
I would like to propose an alternative view on being a PJ:

What's wrong with it, really? I've spent so much time feeling guilty for buying products when I know I have something similar at home. But hair is my hobby and buying products is fun, so what's all the fuss about?

If I don't use a product I most of the time end up giving it away. So what I bought for me ends up being a blessing for someone else. I like learning about new products and trying new products b/c it is fun. As long as I'm not spending my mortgage or light bill money on Wen, then what's the big deal?

I don't like going into Sally's or Walgreens giving myself a headache and making myself not buy anything. If there is something that interests me and I have the money in my budget, buy it I shall!

Life is too short and hair is too much fun to take all the joy out of it by always worrying whether or not you are buying too much stuff.

So I say, if buying 60+ bottles at a CVS supersale suits you (ahem, cough, you know who you are), or stocking up on growth products gives you something to look forward to, then go right ahead! Just don't be spending your car note money on hair stuff, lol!

I AM A PROUD PRODUCT JUNKY!!! :grin:

***I'm happy to say that soon I will have to buy an organizer for all my hair products and rods/rollers.

***I'm looking forward to buying a steamer this year even though I have a Pibbs hair dryer.

***I like deciding which shampoo/condish/leave-in to use or even going to buy another one if it thrills me.

***If I don't like something, I refuse to feel guilty about throwing/giving it away. I won't use it up and damage my hair in the process or take the joy out of my "hair time"

***I know my personal hobby of hair is constructive and much better than doing drugs, hoeing around, gambling, etc. So I will hold my head up high and not be ashamed or embarrassed about what anyone thinks about it!

I confess:grin: I'm a PJ without a doubt! I just can't help myself. As long as it doesn't stop me from paying my bills or put me behind, I see nothing wrong with being a PJ. I have a lot of things just sitting & collecting dust, but there are times when I run out of my usual things so I'll just use those until I go & get my other stuff. A PJ I Am! and proud of it!:yep:

Thanks for posting this!

The blessing is being a PJ is why I found all the products I love now

but I've always wanted to find them and then stick with them and have plenty of just those products around

I never want to just keep it going and going though

Exactamundo. I've found what works and sticking to that. The thing is, I hoard them and buy in bulk. Is that the same as PJism??? Naaaaah.

well i went in the bss today and walked out with barry fletchers leave in (had to tell myself not to but the honeysuckle shampoo and deep conditioner until after i try the leave in but it was calling me), i also got kemi oyl conditioning spray and dudleys conditioning treatment.
came home and saw my hairveda box waiting for me with my cocasta and vatika frosting.

i have dominican stuff coming too. cant wait, nooooooooo cant cant wait now !!!(thats my new song).

you must have been in my head because i was just thinking "why should i feel bad". i avoided buying wen for two months because i didnt need it, but hair stuff is what i want, so i finally got it and am glad because i love it. infact im going to buy a bigger bottle within the next two weeks. i got my creamy unrefined shea butter in the mail today and i have hairveda on the way along with my dominican products and i refuse to feel bad.
so go on girl....

*sucks teeth*
Sheeettt!I'm waiting for my 32oz. Wen Fig CC to get here right now!
I wish DH would say something when that ups man comes a-knocking!
Where's that gangsta smiley with the baseball bat?
I haven't bought myself anything in a while,so my hair purchases are def. justified:yep:

I firmly believe my PJ'ism has got my hair to where it is, and will get my hair even further! How am I gonna figure out whats perfect if I don't try out what's available? :lol:

And what doesn't work for me today, might be perfect for me 9 months from now, so I'm just preparing myself for future needs. :lol:

I firmly believe my PJ'ism has got my hair to where it is, and will get my hair even further! How am I gonna figure out whats perfect if I don't try out what's available? :lol:

And what doesn't work for me today, might be perfect for me 9 months from now, so I'm just preparing myself for future needs. :lol:

Yep ... what she said. :lol:

Back