Who else sleeps sitting up?

Glib Gurl

If I use big flexirods to curl my hair overnight, I often opt to sleep on the couch where I can prop myself up comfortably and limit breakage (which I would get more of if I were lying flat on the bed). I probably only do this once or twice a week though . . . if that.

Who else does this? If you are married or otherwise coupled, what does your SO think of this? (I'm just imagining someone kissing their dh goodnight and leaving the bedroom like, "Okay, I'm off to sleep on the couch!" *lol*)

Why did i get the image of my head in that movie "Friday" w/ Ice Cube and his sister (Regina King?) would go to sleep with her head propped on her hand so she wouldnt mess up her hair?

Is that what you do Glib? LOL I know Beauty is Pain but you got to have a limit.

i've never done this, but i have tried to make the attempt to maybe sleep on my stomach but that never works either lol. i have to be comfortable when i sleep and i don't think that would work for me.

Is that what you do Glib? LOL I know Beauty is Pain but you got to have a limit.

Oh, if I'm in the bed all bets are off. (I'm a wild sleeper.) But I actually enjoy sleeping on the couch - it's comfy . . . for a day or two. After that second day I'm wanting my bed back!

I use to do it back in the day when I was sporting the "Toni Braxton" haircut. After spending $60 to have all my hair cut down as short as hers use to be, I wasn't about to get it messed up. I could only last about three days propped up after that I was so exhausted from sleep deprivation that I would collaspe and get some real sleep. Of course the next day with one side flat, I would slack my hair down with water and gel until I washed it again. For those of you New Yorkers will be familar with this phase, I use to be called "Miss Black Hair Is" because every strand of my short cuts were in place for days and I refused to admit I was sleeping either propped up on several pillows or my head hanging off the bed. Thank God those days are over.

Um no...nothing gets in the way of my sleep, except that pesky one year old of mine :grin:

The most I will do it sleep on my stomach so there's less to mess up.

Back