Who bought a lace front from hisandher.com or Steph D?

bellydancer

I want to wear a lace front wig on my birthday June 3rd. Now that is in 3 weeks. I was wondering how long it took to recieve a lace front wig from these two companies. Also... those that ordered from hisandher.com, which style did you buy? Is the Amber style the only lace front they have?

thanks
bellydancer

Im sure if you order it from StephD it is going to take more then 3weeks, due to the fact that it is custom made....and its one person making lacefronts for a bunch of other women as well.

carrie said:
I bought one from HisandHer.com Purchased it on a Monday had it by friday.

thanks ladies... Which one did you get? The Amber one? I think that's the one that I'm going to get. Only a week? that is good. I need to time to get it highlighted and thinned out so it looks right. thanks everybody! I'm gonna be so sexy on my birthday. I'll make sure I get pics.

I got one from hisandher and Stef. The Amber is the only one that they have. If you're going to get one, make sure that you get the natural perm straight and not the bodywave. The natural perm straight looks like black relaxed hair.

carmend has pics of the Amber in her fotki. You should pm her so you can take a peek at her album.

Yeah, if you want to order from Stef, it'll most likely take more than 3 weeks, but you won't be disappointed!

Hisandhers.com doesn't sell the natural perm "straight" anymore. They specify which one you should buy for African American hair. I believe that it is the "body wave" one. It took a week for me to get mine.

TigerLily said:
No imani. The bodywave is MUCH silkier. Me and several other ladies have the Natural perm straight/relaxed and according to the website, the natural perm relaxed is the one for african americans. The texture is indeed bodywave, BUT it's been altered to look like black permed hair. Here's the link:

http://hisandher.com/store/shop_product_wigs.asp?main=MAIN_003&sub=SUB_001&pro=68

What made you think that they didn't sell it anymore?

That is the one that I bought, but if you look, it doesn't say straight. It says that it is "body wave" texture. That was confusing to me b/c I felt that body wave wouldn't be our texture. There used to be the option to buy it straight but it comes curled. Also the phrase "natural perm" would make me think naturally straight, not the relaxed straight of AA hair. Just clarifying. :) I kept looking for "natural perm straight" and that is not what is says.

Oh okay. I got my terms mixed up. It's natural perm - relaxed. I've never known them to come straight. Everyone that I know that bought one said it was curly :confused:

Anywho, there are two different Ambers. Both have the bodywave texture, but the natural perm has been altered to that of relaxed hair. Sorry!

No prob. I just remember going crazy trying to buy the "natural perm straight" and it did not "exist", so I didn't want others to be as confused. :) Hey, how do you wash and dry your lace front?

I got the his and hers Amber natural perm. There standard shipping is UPS ground so how ever long that takes to get to you. I wash mine in the kitchen sink b/c of the high faucet and let it air dry by hanging in up w/one of those clip type clothes hangers:lachen:. I wash w/CON detangling poo and Pantene ultra moisturizing cond. This seems to be a good combo. I have had the wig for about 12 weeks so far. It still looks good. It has shed a bit from when I first got it but some of that is b/c of my care. It has definitely been worth the money for me. I have another one in the closet waiting for the winter time. Im about to retire this one for the summer b/c for me it is too hot to wear a wig in the summer...

Good luck.

fotki info is in my profile, i think :)

thanks guys... i didn't like the Natural Perm body wave because the colors weren't what I was looking for. I wanted like a #30, but they limit their colors which is unfair to me. Which one is longer? the regular Amber wig or the Natural Perm one? I was going to get the regular Amber one which looks more natural to me and longer. It's also less shiny because extra shiny weave looks fake to me. I guess I'll get the Amber Natural Perm body wave in #6 then and get it highlighted. Does that sound alright to you guys?

I talked to Steph D and she said she could get one to me by that date if I order now, but it costs $400 bucks compared to $200 for hisandher.com. hmm i might do it though. I don't really have $400 bucks though. Judging from her designs I don't think I'll be disappointed though.

bellydancer,
have you looked a ajamaicandiva's pic of the his and hers lacefront? if not you may want to check it out b/c she got the natural perm in a light color, i think a #4 and u may find that it is light enough for what you want b/c it seems like their colors are a little lighter than the standard. so if u are looking for a #30 their #6 is very close to it... i know that choosing is a tough decision.;)

stef has some nice stuff but you may want to talk to some folx who have ordered from her to find out what type of turn around time they have had if you are working with a definite deadline on receiving it.

I ordered from Stef, and I needed my unit about 3 weeks after I ordered and received it on time. Bellydancer, I posted the following on another board regarding Stef's prices:

"I think her prices are reasonable because she does the cutting, coloring, and thinning of the unit for you. I'm not sure if any of the other places do that for you, so you end up having to get it done anyway, or do it yourself. Also, she supplies you with tape, glue, glue remover, shampoo, conditioner, and other little supplies as part of her regimen basket. So I had everything I needed when I received the unit and haven't bought any replacements yet.

Plus the quality of the unit is the same as when I took it out the package, and I know others have complained about the hair on their unit turning hard and looking a hot mess. Now if you can do everything on your own, I can understand the price issue but otherwise...I think it's a good investment."

I have photos of my lacefront here: Diamondlox Unit

DangerouslyShy said:
Im about to order one from Steph D. I just dont know what i want yet. lol I love them all...

yeah she hooks them up they are too cute!!! plus she give you all the stuff you need to take care of it worht the extra $$$ if you ask me

I will buy from Steph D. She said if I pay in the next few days she can insure that date. Her designs are the ish! The only problem is my credit card doesn't come for another week so I gotta see if someone will let me use theirs and I transfer the expense to my credit card once it gets here. I can't wait!!!!

ok how in the hell do u work paypal? I have an account, but someone else is using their credit card to pay for my purchase. so how does that work?

bellydancer said:
ok how in the hell do u work paypal? I have an account, but someone else is using their credit card to pay for my purchase. so how does that work?

IF they trying to use their card for your account then they have to add their card information to your account and verify it. Then its all set up.

OHHHH this has me interested in lace fronts. I might have to save up to get one. So I can flip and shake too. :grin: God bless you all.

Back