Who blowdrys weekly with no ill effects?..anyone?

HairTemptress

Im looking to start blowdrying once a week to get my hair straighter and more mangable.

Im planning on letting my hair dry about 80% then just do a finishing once over with the blowdryer to get my hair and my ends straighter.

I wanted to know who blowdrys once a week with positive results or am i settig myself up for a setback?:ohwell:

I want to know too....I get my hair straighter blow drying than rollersetting.....but i'm scared that I might get heat damage. Regardless I don't go weekly with heat use but it would be nice to have that option to blow dry my hair weekly.

I use a round brush...maybe I should trying using my denman

i c...I dont use a round brush..i use like a shower comb and comb my hair while turning the blowdryer on it. It gets it pretty straight,im not trying to get my hair straight enough to wear down just straight enough to style and not knot!! which is a huge problem for me.lol.

I blow my roots ONLY once a week and that is it, and only in large sections. So far no problems, but i do use a heat protector prior. However I have see girls do it every week with problems. I guess it depends on how you prep for for it.

Wlll said softerlove, I blow dried my hair for weeks straight and didn't see any problems with it but I deep conditioned alot. I take DCing and Treatments very serious and I feel my hair thanks me for it. When I blow dry I get under the dryer and dry about 95% of my hair and put the BLow dryer on hi (YES HI) and blow dry for about 1-2 minutes tops. I don't use any heat afterwards.

I'd like to know this too..lately I've been blow drying weekly but I don't use a comb/brush...just use it to make my hair dry faster and add some volume...is this okay? BUMMPPP

JJamiah: Your hair is BEYOND gorgeous!! i cant seem to get beyond BSL i feel like ive been there forever..lol.. whta kind of DC and treatments do you do and when?

AlliCat: Girl i want to know too...maybe someone more knowledgable than us will chime in. *fingers crossed*.

Subbing to this thread as i'd like to know as well. I know that Andrew Colligne sells two different heat protectants (in spray form) aimed at blow drying and the other for straightening.

I personally wouldn't blow dry any more often than once a fortnight. I used to blow dry once a week and my hair became quite dry. I'm trying a new regimen of washing and blow drying once every 3-4 weeks but will wash and blow dry after a minimum of 2 weeks.

I blowdry every wash, which is twice weekly and have no problems (that I know of). I use a blowdryer with comb attachment and heat protectant.

@JJamiah: Your hair is BEYOND gorgeous!! i cant seem to get beyond BSL i feel like ive been there forever..lol.. whta kind of DC and treatments do you do and when?

@AlliCat: Girl i want to know too...maybe someone more knowledgable than us will chime in. *fingers crossed*.

HairTemptress Thanks so much. I use Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment, and for a Treatment I use Aphogee 2 step weekly and Dudleys DRC 28 as needed.

:)

I plan on blowdrying my hair monthly. Airdrying has wreck havoc on my hair over the years.

Thanks for the conditioner suggestions JJamiah. Deep conditioning is something I need to work on if I want to get passed APL.

I blowdry with every wash, about once every two weeks. No ill effects that I know of.
Airdrying not only takes more time than I have to devote to a hairstyle, but it leaves my hair way too tight with no body or movement. I also think the heat adds more smoothness and shine.

Wlll said softerlove, I blow dried my hair for weeks straight and didn't see any problems with it but I deep conditioned alot. I take DCing and Treatments very serious and I feel my hair thanks me for it. When I blow dry I get under the dryer and dry about 95% of my hair and put the BLow dryer on hi (YES HI) and blow dry for about 1-2 minutes tops. I don't use any heat afterwards.

JJamiah, What product do you use on your hair before blowdrying? Or do you just blowdry without product after your hair is 95% dry?

Poohbear

I spray Aphogee Leave in, Aphogee green Tea and a smidge of One N' Only Argan oil then I use the TT to brush through, once each side. Get under my hooded dryer for about 10 minutes, then put 2 drops of Herstyler Serum in and Blow Dry.

When I was transitioning, I used to get my hair blow dried and flat ironed once a week or once every two weeks with no problems.

I finished transitioning in October 2009, and I get my hair blow dried and flat ironed less often - been getting my hair blow dried and flat ironed once a month (just air dry the other weeks in between) with no problems.

I dont think Sylver2 blow-dries weekly. Her entire regimen is based on no manipulation which also includes no combing between wash days. I can't remember if she washes monthly or biweekly but it's definitely not weekly. Check her fotki for details but you have to search for it because I'm on my phone.

I blow dry once a week. No problems at all. I use design essentials silk essentials before, and let it air dry for about 30 minutes before I start.

I dont think Sylver2 blow-dries weekly. Her entire regimen is based on no manipulation which also includes no combing between wash days. I can't remember if she washes monthly or biweekly but it's definitely not weekly. Check her fotki for details but you have to search for it because I'm on my phone.

LaFemmeNaturelle - Yeah, I think you're right. I'm thinking of sylver2 about 5 years ago: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=1496974&postcount=15

But then I see she stopped doing it weekly back in 2007: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=1972999&postcount=7

Im looking to start blowdrying once a week to get my hair straighter and more mangable.

Im planning on letting my hair dry about 80% then just do a finishing once over with the blowdryer to get my hair and my ends straighter.

I wanted to know who blowdrys once a week with positive results or am i settig myself up for a setback?:ohwell:
This is exactly what I do. I let my hair dry loose under the blow dryer until 80 percent dry and then blow dry with my cricket and comb attachment. I also find that if my hair is any more than 80 percent dry first it won't dry as smooth and oddly enough feels drier. I then flat iron with my CHI. After rinsing my DC I apply paul mitchell the conditioner and fantasia heat protecting serum, comb thru, dry and flat iron. I think I retain length well.

shtow: And you do this weekyly? what about during the summer? Do you cowash?..lastly what is a cricket?..lol.

ps: You nephew is divine..cutest little thing.

@shtow: And you do this weekyly? what about during the summer? Do you cowash?..lastly what is a cricket?..lol.

ps: You nephew is divine..cutest little thing.
Thanks! I do this weekly. A cricket is a ceramic and tournamaline (sp) blowdryer that you can get from Sallys. I never ever cowash. My hair is pretty much always flat ironed year round.

Back