who are the Natural's, and whats your regime?

ChocolateCutee

who are the Natural\'s, and whats your regime?

Hi, I am new here. my friend gave me the address to this website to check it out. I am finding this boared to be one of my favourates. I love the layout and the features. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I don't know whether this question has been posted before, but here goes...

I just wanted to know who here wear thier hair natural and what do you do to maintain its health. I have 4b/a hair (more b than a) which is 4 inches long due to the fact I have just cut it from transitioning.

I enquire about you regimes b/c I want to know how to get rid of dry hair. I am not really focused on the length, but I am focused on the health.

At the moment I rinse with water, add conditioner with a little Olive Oil, air dry and apply Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil creme. Could any 4b's suggest any moisturizing leave-in, conditioners etc that I could try.

I would appreciate any help given

Many thanks

Re: who are the Natural\'s, and whats your regime?

Hi ChocolateCutee,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not natural, but we have a lot of great women here who are. Good luck!

hmmm... i am a 4a. My regime. I usually condition wash my hair i.e. - i use a runny conditioner like a shampoo, then i use a heavier conditioner to finish. I do like twisting my hair (about 8") when its still wet. I use a hairspray made from rosewater (or orangewater) glycerine, and a fave conditioner or lotion and peppermint e.o. I wet my hair with the solution, and then rub my fingers in wildgrowth or avocado oil for twists. When i wear my hair out (its like little watch springs, kinda like jill scott)i try to use a leave in. I really have not come up with anything satisfactory, but ANYWAYS - so far i like the bodyshop's amlika leave in, or i use the abba leave in, it tends to keep the curl definition. Or sometimes, when i want to be 'conservative' i put my hair in two low puffs towards the nape of my neck
When my hair was shorter, i used to rinse it in water, everyday... ahhhh... but now that it has gotten longer, and the weather is colder, i tend to spritz liberally with my spray.

I usually put my hair into little 'pin curls' and sleep with a satin scarf on it at night. When i don't do that, the dryness is unbelievable!

That's about it. I had to go through alot of routines gleaned from www.naturallycurly.com, www.ourhair.net and www.nappturality.com until i found a routine i liked. I think that the last two websites are a literal goldmine of information. Nappturality gets alot of hits from the natural 4a/4b sistahs, they discuss products, and hair maintance. Check it out, nuh!

Hope that this post helped /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm not so old myself but welcome /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

I am a type 4a. I do not have zig zag curls but I am convinced that my hair is 4b despite the fact that I've been told it's not. I've only started growing out my hair since july and just did the big chop.I am growing my hair in braids, it's roughly 3-5 inches.

/images/graemlins/fat.gif I have not tried a vitamin regimen. I take a multivitamin for health. Den 1 is a natural and has had success with them so if you're interested, you should talk to her.

/images/graemlins/weird.gif As for my routine, I condition wash every 2 weeks with braids on and every week without braids. I currently use Coconut oil from Naturals and it is a deep conditioner. I am still searching for the site where I got the information from on condition washing because it was quite helpful. If I do get it, i'll let you know.

I always deep condition when I wash and I have sworn off all shampoos except neutrogena healthy hair. I have found condition washing has made my hair very soft and managable. I am still searching for moisture products for every day use.

After a year I intend to braid a little less often and strut my afro around for a while. I may try pressing ( I've seen good reviews about kms relaxing balm......which isn't a relaxer). I'm not too sure about that because I want to minimise the amount of heat on my head but I guess once in a while is not that bad.

I am obsessed with this site because it has such a wealth of information!!!!!

Peace love and chicken grease /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Welcome, I'm natural. I found using a heavy conditioner with slip(such as Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek), followed by Carol's Daughter Healthy Butter or a shea butter mixed with another oil(I have a pomade and I do both) keeps the moisture locked into my hair.

Hi,

Welcome to the board. Well I would suggest using water and glycerine mixed together. It helps my hair to stay moisturized through out the day. Glycerine you can usually find in the first aid section at the store. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi ChocolateCutee /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Ive been natural for a long time now. last month i clipped off my locs which were just about shoulder length.

what i do to maintain my hairs health is daily condition washes with tropical advocado conditioner. i apply s curl moisturizing gel mixed with some msm powder right after the washes .

on the 1st of the month i wash my hair with dr bronners tea tree oil shampoo and do a deep condition with either cocomilk-honey and olive oil . next month i will be trying the queen helene deep condioner with honey and olive oil.

during the day(while not a work) i try not to keep my hair dry. either i keep it moisturized with water and a little bit of castor oil. or i spray it with my concoction which consist of scurl no drip, sheep sorrel, jojoba and rosemary oil a little bit of msm powder and some funky butt garlic powder /images/graemlins/grin.gif

right before bed.

i apply more msm- this time the lotion which is mixed with gloversmane, rosemary, jojoba and castor oil and a drop of peppermint oil to cut down the odor.

since december 4, the day i cut my hair -my hair has grown i dont know how many inches but now im able to make a pah tail /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ever since discovering this board around August of last year the only regime that I have developed is to take Biotin and a Multivitamin. My hair has definately grown since I started doing so.

I am using Infusium 23 moisturising spray to provide moisture because my hair needs a lot of it. And I have been using Africa's Best Orgaincs carrot oil and cholesterol tea tree oil for a few years now, as general leave in conditioners/hair dressings.

hello and welcome to the board. im always trying new things but for the most part this is it.

weekly:preshampoo
shampoo
detangle(pantene or cholesterol)
deep condition
add leavein or homemade shea pomade
put on scarf headband or make afropuff and im done.

for daily care i just shampoo, detangle with pantene,rinse, then apply leavein and shea butter and thats it. the deepcondition and preshampoo are only once a week. i usually shampoo everyday but now im going to start shampooing every third day and doing conditioner washes the other days. ive been doing this regimen for about a year. sometimes i straighten my hair. when i do i usually add aveda universal styling cream and rollerset then flatiron or i just braid it up till its almost dry then blowdry and maybe flatiron if i want it really straight.

products i use(im always trying new conditioners)

creme of nature shampoo
goldwell kerasilk shampoo
goldwell kerasilk conditoner
motions cpr
motions moisturizing conditioner
aveda damage control leavein/heat protectant
aveda universal styling cream
loreal mega repair conditoner
pantene daily moisture renewal
lekair cholesterol
wondergro shea pomade or homemade one
elasta qp glaze (for slicking hair back)

some other products i like but not sure if i'll keep
redken heavy cream
profectiv mega moisturizer
ors shea butter
ors lock and twist gel

hope this helps

Hi ChocolateCutee,
Welcome to the board! I'm a 'natural', and my hair type is 4b.

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/deniselhaynes

Your Quest: what do you do to maintain its health?

I apply daily moisturisers twice a day. When braids, twists or bantu knots are worn, I opt for african pride oil sheen spray. I often use Infusium 23 for damaged/unmanageable this has a blend of protein plus moisturisers, keeps the hair strong and helps to prevent splits ends.

After washing my hair I moisturise with either Wildgrowth hair oil or Pink oil moisturiser, choose any reputable moisturiser that agrees with your hair, this may involve experimenting a bit.

I do not blow dry as this furthur exaggerates the dry hair condition, I'd suggest using little or no heat at all, then just air the hair in four secured braids.

Protective styling may prevent the bitter weather from imbalancing the moisture levels in your hair, I use hats and scarfs lined with satin or silk when i'm outside.

Denise’s Hair health and Growth Regimen

Shampoos for different causes
Aphogee Deep moisture Evening Primrose Shampoo
Crème of nature detangling shampoo
Motions CPR treatment shampoo
Aphogee Shampoo for damaged hair

NOTE:-Once a week after I wash my hair I follow the ends sealing regimen by Robin Wood, the hair lady for more information visit www.growafrohairlong.com. I part the hair in medium sized sections, then add pressing oil two inches up from the ends I then wrap ends with foil, clamp a flat iron or curling iron around the foil not the hair, cover for 5-7 seconds, this seal in moisture right down to the cortex, it stops hair ends shedding and breaking, hence, you’re able to retain length.

Deep Conditioners
Lekair Cholesterol
Doo Gro Deep Down Penetrating Conditioner
CPR treatment conditioner

NOTE: I condition hair once a week 40-60 minutes, using a plastic cap, and warm towel wrapped around it. I use one of above.

Daily Conditioners and Moisturisers
Pink oil Moisturiser
Carrot Oil
Sta-sof-fro oil sheen and comb out conditioner-
Lustrasilk moisture max, oil moisturising lotion
Wildgrowth Hair Oil
Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in conditioner
African Pride oil sheen spray
Nexxus headress volumising leave-in conditioner
Pink Glosser

Strengtheners
Infusium 23 for damaged/unmanageable- Daily
Intensive two minute reconstructor- Once a week after shampooing hair
Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair- Once every six weeks, to keep hair strong
Profectiv Healthy Ends- Use daily
Profectiv Breakfree-Use daily

Growth Stimulators

Solera Double strength fast hair growth formula
Doo Gro Hair oil
Wildgrowth hair oil

For furthur information on high protein diet visit

http://atkins-diet-information.com/
or Cathy Graham Fresh Start programme

Protective Styles
Bantu Knots
Twists
Cornrows
Single plaits
Extensions
Silk or satin scarf’s
Hats lined with soft material

Things I don’t use:

Blow dryers
Curling Irons
Pressing Combs
Relaxers
Small tooth combs
Hair bands
Brushes

Brand names and daily consumption of vitamins and minerals

Now -Fo-ti 560MG 3x A DAY
GranoVita Flax-seed oil 2 TEASPOONS A DAY
Holland and Barrett- Evening primrose oil 1000MG 3x
Holland and Barrett-Body Fortress amino acids 1500, 12 tablets a day
Solgar- zinc 50MG 2X A DAY
Iron 200MG 1 A DAY
Holland and Barett B-vitamins 2 A DAY
Quest-Multinutrients 1 A Day
Metabolics Biotin 8000mcg 1 a day
Maxi Sulph msm 1497 2x a day
Healthcrafts kelp 450ug 3x a day
Holland and Barrett Dl-phenylalanine 500mg 2x a day
Cleanse Purify Natures cleansing program 4 tablets 2x a day

Simple tips I follow

Condition hair with plastic cap every night
Use carrot oil daily for ends of hair
Use wildgrowth on scalp and hair 3 times per week
Keep hair in braids for two months at a time (wash hair once a week) use hot oil treatments on hair then apply shampoo, a reconstructor and deep condition.
Use warm water to wash hair and use cool water to seal the cuticle
Use wide tooth comb
After washing hair separate all strands to untangle hair before combing
Wear a hat when outside
Take vitamins, minerals and herbs daily
Eat high protein diet with fruits + vegetables
No brushing
No hair bands (use hair pins instead)
Plenty of exercise
Drink lots of water

I hope this helps /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2003 /images/graemlins/clap.gif Mahalialee's Winter and Summer Regime: Hair Type 3b fine curly -75 % shrinkage -NATURAL ---current length-(back)top of bra strap, (front), past armpit length, bangs-necklength; Color-dark mink with copper and gold streaks. /images/graemlins/clap.gif
Specifics: No chemical treatments: Air drying-Occasional use of Dome Hair dryer: Alternative hair cleaning: Use of natural organic hair care products: Combination & Rotational Methods of Hair Care: /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Target Goal: accumulate and retain 8" of NEW GROWTH by Dec-03 /images/graemlins/band2.gif
6 Major Objectives: . increase tensile strength and elasticity . maximize delivery of moisture to hair shaft
. maintain healthy follicles and scalp
. priortize /reduce nu /images/graemlins/band2.giftritional supplements
. minimize handling of hair during the week
. preserve the health/ pliability ends and hair shaft

METHODS: .Using a personalized variety of NATURAL products: (oils, sprays; clays, organic fruit & vegetable powders and purees, that have been incorporated into copyrighted recipes) on a rotational basis in harmony with 6 major objectives
.Alternating Crown and Glory Method (Robin Woods) with personalized styles of ...Wrapping & Rolling -cornrows & ponybuns
Some Favorite Product Keepers: Extra Virgin Olive Oil First Cold pressing Komeini; mustard oil; Pure Shea Butter: Pure Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother); Aloe Vera Juice; Juice of Wild Rosemary; Black Strap Molasses; Pure Coconut Oil; *Infusium 23; Cholesterol; Liquid Lecithin (Large jar); Essential Oils; *Nature's Gate Shampoos & Condidtioners;Dr. Bronner's Castile; Eqyss Megatek (coats) & shampoo Straight Arrow Moisturizer-for humans;
Priortized Supplements: Jamieson Multi vitamin; MSM powder (Prairies Naturals Vitamins & Protein Powder); Nature's Way Vitamin C. Crystals; Biotin 800 mg.; Hair Force Hair Supplements and Hair Force Protein Powder; ; saw palmetto
HAIR TOOLS: wooden comb, bone combs, variety of brushes suited to my hair type and texture; professional hard bonnet portable hairdryer: microwaveable heating cap; long silver clips, large bobby pins
SPECIFIC CHALLENGES: *avoiding over manipulation of scalp, hair strands and ends; *blending in gray naturally with henna ; *avoiding product buildup; gain more thickness; strengthening and thickening of hair shaft; keeping scalp health and toned

Hair Care Regime: detoxify and shampoo every 2 weeks; dryclean (oils)1x week; deep condition every 2 weeks alternating protein & acid treatment and moisture & oil treatment.
Shampoo: Shikakai, amla, henna, tulsi, neem, powders; Nature's Gate
Conditioners: Nature's Gate Henna, Fullers's Earth, yogurt, mayo, Rosewater, blackstrap molasses, a varietyof hair packs; eggs, coconut milk, eggs & honey, beer; brewer's yeast, fruits &veggies ,cholesterol, apple cider vinegar and honey shampoo; seaweed shampoo
Moisturizers: water; aloe vera juice, /images/graemlins/clap.gifglycerine, rosewater, juice of rosemary, sheep sorrel, nettles and lecithin( makes a lotion) which I use daily;
Special Products: Megatek, (Eqyss); Straight Arrow Moisture conditioner; Mahalialee's copyrighted recipes: ongoing researching new ideas and methods of improving hair quality and growth.
Essential Oils: Ylang Ylang, Spike Lavender, Tea Tree Oil, Lemongrass, peppermint, rosemary, (would like to try new oils)
Oils: EVO, sesame oil, mustard oil, wheatgerm, flax seed, castor oil, emu oil, jojoba, coconut, Vitamin E.
DIET: increase healthy salads; seeds, juices and fruits; reduce junk food intake; drink lots of water, more rest /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif
Reduce stress levels /images/graemlins/drowning.gif /images/graemlins/drowning.gif /images/graemlins/assimilate.gif

I conditioner wash with Suave Tropical Coconut and use Elucence as a leave in. Sometimes I add olive oil with the Elucence. I usually wear a plastic cap at night.

SVT, why do you wear a plastic cap at night? I thought it was supposed to be a silk/satin cap?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
londongirl3 said:
SVT, why do you wear a plastic cap at night? I thought it was supposed to be a silk/satin cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it is to provide more moisture , if im not mistaken alot of ladies used to punch small holes in the cap . i tried this a few times and in the mornings my hair was very moist. i had to stop sleeping with the plastic cap because it was uncomfortable.

/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif WOW,Thank you for all your responses, I didn't think I'd get this much feed back.

Den you pics are absolutley beautiful. You have lovely hair.

All of you have given me so much advice I don't know where to start. /images/graemlins/spinning.gif I think I am gonna do conditioner washes to combat the dryness and use alot of natural oils. I still have my creme of nature shampoo but I have noticed that it's beginning to dry my hair out. I have been thinking about using glycerine and water to hold in moisture. Thanks for the tips ladies

What I did have was some pure shea butter that I bought from the African shop. My mum threw it out b/c she thought something was wrong with it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif She did not know what it was. I bought the Kemi Oyl shea butter *not the pomade* and it made my hair dry and crispy.

I have some pure cocnut oil, the one you habve to melt. But I have not got a use for it yet.

I have been using the Elasta qp H-Two leave in conditioner but its watery, so it doesn't have much inpact on my hair. Only using it up, don't think I will buy it again.

Once again thank you all for you tips. I will definatley be mixing and matching from most to find a routine for my self /images/graemlins/wave.gif

hi chocolatecutee im also natural. My routine is simple, i wash either weekly or biweekly (maybe more or less depending on the style im wearing) with creme of nature detangling shampoo and follow with lekair cholesterol. i detangle while the cholesterol is in and that helps a lot with the tangles. I follow with fantasia leave in with aloe complex and proceed to style. I wear my hair maybe 50% of the time completely natural and the other half of the time i press for a different style. Im trying to get rid of heat and mineral oil/petroleum products over time. For in between maintenance i use various products like hot 6 oil, carefree curl activatior, fantasia aloe gel, and sometimes blue magic coconut oil grease. at night i cover my hair with a satin do-rag like the guys wear. Mostly i leave my hair alone and let it do its own thing, im pretty low maintenance and that helps alot with growth. By the way im type 4 a/b mix. I hope i was of some help

Hi CC. Welcome to the board.

My routine changes every few weeks just out of me deciding to try things differently or based on my work out schedule or based upon the weather

I usually rinse and condition two to four times a week at night. (I work out four times a week.) I use conditioner to wash and more conditioner to condition. Usually I'll use a mild protein conditioner for the wash and a moisturizing conditioner for the conditioning. Sometimes after a sweaty work out I'll add a drop or two of shampoo to the conditioner, (after pouring the conditioner in my hands) for added cleaning power.

After rinsing out the conditioner for the past month I have been smoothing on aloe vera gel, a leave in lotion, a few drops of oil and twisting or braiding.

Sometimes I make four large braids. Lately my hair has been looking almost relaxer straight when I take down the braids out in the morning. This was a very unexpected, but nice development.

Maybe three evenings out of the week, the nights that I don't shampoo, I oil and massage the scalp with ginseng miracle hair oil. I also put a combo of ORS carrot oil and ginseng miracle on the hair ends. For the past two-three weeks, I have been rubbing my hairline and a problem area with vitamin e-oil, caster oil and rosemary oil a couple of times a day.

Hi ChocolateCutee and Welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is my routine. I am in the process of putting together a six week program of different all natural products besides the ones below. Since learning about ingredients I find that my hair grows better (hardly any breakage) using natural products oppose to synthetic. You may find that doing conditioner washes will really help with your growth. I also wash every three days and have been letting my hair air dry. Normally I wash once a week and press it...but I have been lazy lately /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I use the Earthy Delight Tropical Rain Shampoo
Ingredients: Distilled water, sage, rosemary, nettles, wheatgerm soap, horsetails, essential oils of neroli,
cinnamon &amp; coconut

I apply an Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to my hair and then rinse out before I proceed with my conditioner

Put a little GPB conditioner on and a little Earthy Delight Conditioner. Leave on for one hour.

Earthly Delight Hair Conditioner-$14.95 16 fl. oz

Ingredients: Deionized water, vegetable glycerine, rice bran oil, avocado oil, wheatgerm proetein, pathanol, amino acids, vegetable emulsifying wax, essential oils of neroli, cinnamon &amp; coconut

Rinse then spray a little Aubrey Primose Tangle-Go, then follow with Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment. After that put a little KMS Flat Out on and blow dry on cold.

Aubreys Evening Primose Tangle-Go
Indgredients: Natural Grain Alcohol, Deionized Water, Witch Hazel, Mucopolysaccharides, Lavender Oil, lanolin, Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA), Vegetable Glycerine, Primose Oil, Pantenol (Vitamin B-5)

When section, I put a little Nexxus Botanic Oil on.

I press my hair with the Jilbere Ceremic Curling Iron and my hair comes out really straight as if it is relaxed. My hair is very time consuming because it is very thick. When I press, I have to press in very small sections.

londongirl3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi londongirl! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Madison's right! I wear the plastic cap, ala Jherri curl style, to keep my natural hair moisturized. The amount of product and water I apply varies. When I press my hair, that's when I wear my silk scarf.

Welcome Chocolatecutee. I'm 4a/b, have been natural since about '96 after growing out from a relaxer. I like to experiment a bit with my hair. I wear it either pressed or natural depending on my mood. Right now,even with the wet weather, my mood is natural. My hair is about 4 inches above BS length and has been to BS length before but I cut it. My last cut was in July of 2000 to a few inches below shoulder length and now I trim every few months or so.
For my hair I do a full shampoo with deep conditioner routine once a week. Lately following Carolyn Gray's method. During the week sometimes I half heartedly rinse or shampoo my scalp depending. /images/graemlins/bath.gif
I sit under the hair dryer a lot (I actually do it because I love heat but my hair seems to enjoy it too) which, with all the junk I cram into it seems to help my hair maintain it's softness. When I notice my hair becoming dry I will shampoo, deep condition, comb out in the shower with a cheap conditioner then I apply a cream conditioner, olive oil, and something heavy like shea throughout. I slap my hair in one braid (I'm the one braid queen) and go back under the hair dryer. My hair likes this and it's with this simple method I get the best results. But then my hair isn't really styled and I feel blah.... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Oh well take some and leave some.

HTH - Q /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

hello all,
this is my first time posting and i am natural. my regime is very simple. i precondition my hair with olive oil for about a hour then i apply creme of nature shampoo directly on top of the olive oil and rinse. then i apply either cholesteral, olive oil, or motions cpr for 20 mins. i rinse and then use infusium 23 as a leave in. i also us hollywood olive oil creme it is the bomb. i then have my own mixture of shea, aloe vera, jojoba oil and olive oil. i cornrow in 7 large cornrows and spray with S-Curl spray. i only trim my hair twice a year. the only time i use any heat is when i use my conditioners and when i trim. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
<font color="orange"> </font> Takbir

Hi ChocolateCutee /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the forum. I am natural and have been for two years. My routine has change because I was doing the press and curl but now do conditioner washes. My goodness, I have so many products that I am testing right now and will have to type a list and send it to you but for the most part here are some of the products I use. I basically rinse everyday or do conditioner washes.

Every three days I give myself a hotoil treatment, shampoo, use Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse, Condition, scrunch with a towel, put my lotion on my hair spray, use Ebene Shea Butter, Back to Basics Smoothing Exilir and scrunch.

Earthly Delight Shampoo
Earthyly Delight Conditioner
Aubrey Organics GPB
Aubrey Organics Island Natural Butter Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Selenium Shampoo
Ebene Jojoba Shampoo
Ebene Herbal Vinegar
Uncle Harry's African Soap
Uncle Harry's Coconut Oil
Ebene Shea Butter Hair Conditioner
Giovannie Leave In
Carol's Daughter Hair Butter
African Formula Curl Maintenance Shampoo
Genesis Nutrient Conditioner
Olive Oil
Jojoba Oil

Takbir said:
hello all,
this is my first time posting and i am natural. my regime is very simple. i precondition my hair with olive oil for about a hour then i apply creme of nature shampoo directly on top of the olive oil and rinse. then i apply either cholesteral, olive oil, or motions cpr for 20 mins. i rinse and then use infusium 23 as a leave in. i also us hollywood olive oil creme it is the bomb. i then have my own mixture of shea, aloe vera, jojoba oil and olive oil. i cornrow in 7 large cornrows and spray with S-Curl spray. i only trim my hair twice a year. the only time i use any heat is when i use my conditioners and when i trim. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
<font color="orange"> </font> Takbir

[/ QUOTE ]

istly, welcome to the club /images/graemlins/wave.gif and secondly as a /images/graemlins/newbie.gif i hope this club provides u wit as much info as its done for many of us....now i jus wanted to say how good yo regime sounds especially coz i got all them things u mentioned in yo post except the hollywood olive oil which i needa get coz i been hearin a lot of good things about....generally my hair is DRY and breaks as a result so i'm lookin for summin i can use to keep it moisturised and i'm hopin that the s-curl together with the hollywood olive oil will help me

thank

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Hi Chocolate Cutee
I have been natural for a year now. I try to keep my regime, very simple. I try to massage my hair on a daily basis. I have started doing it today.
I daily rinse, with glycerine, water, MSM and pantothenic acid (added if I have time) and Infusium 23. I wash my hair on a weekly basis and I deep condition once a week.
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif. I have type 4b hair.

Hi,

My last relaxer was 14 months ago, and I've been relaxer free for 10 months. My routine is very simple:

I wash with either Breakthru Shampoo, or Creme of Nature Shampoo.

I then use Sauve Biobasics mixed with Pantene hydrating conditioner.

I leave that in while I'm taking my shower and before I get out I rinse out my hair.

If I wear my hair in its natural state I use a pantyhose headband or just put a bit of Sauve gel on the top of my hair I shake and then I pat into place.

If I straighten I do a rollerset first, then I'll use a flatiron go over a section of my hair once and that's it.

I used to do a lot more, but the longer my hair gets the easier my routine seems to be.

Hello,

I am a natural and have been so for the second time since 1998. I try to keep it things light when I do my hair. I find that less is more for my hair. I'm not a no-pooer. I wash 1-2 times a week and I use:

Pantene Hydrating Curls shampoo and conditioner.
Carol's Daughter HHB and Mimosa Hair Honey for twists.
Bumble and Bumble leave in as a leave in

Lately, all I wear are twists and twistouts. That's it...pretty simple huh? However, I do love to press my hair every now and then to wear more styles.

Take care,

Asha ;D

Hi! I, too, am a natural.

Because I'm a natural born "PJ" I try to keep my regimen very simple. I've discovered through trial and error that less is best for my 4a/3c fine kinky/curly/coily tresses.

I do the Curly Girl routine (no poo) and have done so since 09/01/02. When I'm wearing the wash 'n go I:

1) Conditioner "wash" with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner.
2) Use either Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Abba Nourishing Leave-On, or Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme as a leave-in.
3) Apply Elucence Volume Designing Foam as a styling aid.
4) Fluff and go! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

When I wear twists I:

1) Wash with Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo (I only use shampoo when I deep condition).
2) Deep condition with Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment.
3) Use Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner as a leave-in.
4) Section hair off into 1/4" sections and use either Better Locks Lock &amp; Hold Gel or Black 'n Sassy Setting Creme to twist in tiny sections.
5) Spritz daily with my own mix of 1/3 part water, 1/3 part glycerin, and 1/3 part Infusium 23 Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner in a spray bottle as a moisturizing mist.
6) Fluff and go!

See my online album for more info on my regimen: http://www.boomspeed.com/justice4alw

I’m newly natural and this is my new routine starting February 17, 2003-March 17, 2003. I will switch up after a month.

Wash 2 times a week with Kemi Moyst Shampoo
Follow up with conditioner (Kemi Moyst Conditioner)
Follow the conditioner with a tiny drop of Kemi Shea Butter Promade on wet hair then let air dry covered with a silk scarf.

I will wear in a soft curly “afro” for three days spraying daily with Kemi-Oly conditioning spray (once per day) and applying Kemi Oyl Pro-Grow Shea Butter to lock the moisture spray in for the day.

I will clarify and deep condition in my last week of this routine. I have a ton of different hair products that’s why I will switch up monthly on my products. Ultimately, I’d like to use only Kemi products if they work out as well as I anticipate.

Right now I have all new hair that has never seen a blow dryer or curling iron so my goal is to keep it healthy and in great condition. I will have mid back natural hair (when stretched) by January, 2005. Something nice to look forward to.

That’s it for me.

Hi Takbir,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back