who are the Natural's, and whats your regime?

Re: who are the Natural\'s, and whats your regime?

Daytime:

+ spraying LOTS of water to keep hair/scalp moist
+ vitamins with every meal
+ drink mainly water
+ starting to do protective hairstyles (ie, twisting)
+ shea butter to keep my hair manageable
+ dampened in the shower every day
+ wash hair with shampoo/conditioner once every week

Nighttime:

+ wear a plastic cap to seal in moisture
+ try to sleep on the side of my face to reduce naps (because I toss and turn and tangle my hair!)

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honeyvibe,

I have a question about sleeping in a plastic cap. Do you poke holes in the cap or just sleep in it regular?

Have you noticed a difference since doing this nightly?

I've tried but have only done it a couple times, but I might get started again.

Thanks!

Hi Tara,

The benefits of this to my natural hair are too many to name. I'll sum it up:

+ moisturizes hair for 8 hours [of sleep]
+ cures morning "brillo pad"
+ makes my hair soft and manageable
+ controls dandruff
+ hair grows in silky instead of scraggly
+ reduces itching on my scalp

All good things for your hair growth; for something so cheap and easy, not too shabby. I don't poke holes in my caps, but I'd be interested if someone would list the benefits of this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Honey Vibe said:
Hi Tara,

The benefits of this to my natural hair are too many to name. I'll sum it up:

+ moisturizes hair for 8 hours [of sleep]
+ cures morning "brillo pad"
+ makes my hair soft and manageable
+ controls dandruff
+ hair grows in silky instead of scraggly
+ reduces itching on my scalp

All good things for your hair growth; for something so cheap and easy, not too shabby. I don't poke holes in my caps, but I'd be interested if someone would list the benefits of this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">thanks alot everyone for your useful info.

Honey vibe that is really useful info. I am just trying to see what works for me the moment. I have the Hollywood olive oil creme but I have used only onece.

another thing is washing. I tried the no poo and it worked for a lil while, then I washed with shampoo and it also worked. I tried with shampoo again and it made my hair dry. I don't know, my hair is acting funny. I think I may have scab hair thats why somethings don't work. I know its a bit frustrating when your newley natural and I know its gonna take some time for the hair to purge its self fromt the relaxer. But I am wasting money in the process /images/graemlins/frown.gif
I love my natural hair and I love the way it feels I'm just trying to combat the dryness it has SOMETIMES. Glycerine doesn't like my hair, has anyone got any other suggestions for moisture? </font>

Hi CC,

Have you tried Luster's Scurl? It works wonders. Almost everyone on here uses it (or World of Curls) and really like it. Maybe give that a try.

Hi SVT like you i am a 3c/4a cottony i was wondering has sleeping with the plastic cap reduced the single strand knots.They are driving me crazy i cannot figure out how to keep them away

bump

I saw a lot of interesting posts here and thought I'd bump it.
I'm trying this thing of speeping with a plastic cap tonight! (I'm thinking of polking holes in it so that my scalp can breathe. This saves brain cells, right
ohwell.gif
??? )

Back