Who Absolutely SWEARS by Aphogee Products???

So if I wanted to use the Deep Moisture would it be classified as Moisture or Protein...so I can keep my balance in check

I think this would classify as Moisture.:yep:
Here is the description from Aphogee's website:

This creamy formula is enriched with humectants to help retain moisture as well as protein and smoothing agents to improve manageability, shine and softness. ApHogee Deep Moisture Shampoo helps styles last longer and imparts elasticity and vibrancy to dry, lifeless hair. Safe for daily use as well as on extensions, weaves and hair color. 16 oz.

Ingredients
Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocmide DEA, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Chitosan PCA, Guar Hydroxylpropyltrimonium Chloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocdimonium Hydroxypropyl Oxyethyl Cellulose, Sodium PCA, PEG 23M, Dimethiconol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ammonium Chloride, Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, TEA Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propyloparaben, Methylchloroisothiazomlinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

I swear Aphogee jacked up their prices big time sometime over the last year or so. When I went to buy a new bottle of 2 Min last month, I almost choked at the price. It used to be a relative bargain, but I guess with their "repackaging" and increased popularity came higher prices :rolleyes:.
I also noticed a lot of BSS reduced the prices for the old formula and put them on clearance for 2-3 bucks. :weird:

before i found joico k pak reconstructor i swore by the aphogee shampoo and 2 minute reconstructor. i used it once a week and my hair stayed nice soft and strong.
but joico is better for me because it actually makes my individual strands thicker which keeps my hair strong since i blow dry and flat iron.

I use to use AphoGee years ago and my hair was in tip top shape...I even used the moisture balance and for some reason got caught up in PJism and forgot about it. I've had ridiculous shedding issues and used the 2 step treatment last week and way less shedding days later ( I did shed when I blow dryed/ flatironed). I'm going back to Sally's and stock up and this time won't get caught up in the madness. I just don't know how often I should use it...

This past Saturday, I used the Damage Shampoo and Keratin 2-minute Reconstructor again. This was my third week using the products after clarifying. That probably was a mistake for me. I believe that I messed up due to protein overload resulting in more breakage than I had before. To remedy this problem, I added some Macadamia Nut oil to Silk Elements Mega Silk Deep Conditioner, along with some Silicon Mix and DC'd oversight to restore moisture. The result? Silky soft hair, and the comb just glided through my NG. I still battled with some breakage due to too much protein, but I think it may have been worse had I not DC'd overnight. I definitely witnessed a difference. This weekend, I will concentrate on restoring moisture and won't use the Aphogee products this time around.

Be careful, ladies. Aphogee is a great product but can cause protein overload, worsening the problem with breakage that it's supposed to be addressing. It's going to take me another week or so to bring that protein-moisture back into balance.

I have not read all of the posts. But I picked up the Aphogee Essential Oils.

I read a thread about how great the Aphogee EFA's (oil too, I guess) was a great product but is now discontinued.

I tried the directions for the Essential Oils. To apply to wet hair, sit for 1 minute then rinse but I couldn't get all of the oil out. So, I have revised. Now, when I apply oil (Africa's Best or Kemi Oyl) in my hands, I may put 1 drop of the Aphogee Essential Oils in my palm also. Then I seal whatever moisturizer. Or, I may put a drop or two of the Aphogee Essential Oil directly on my ends.

So far, when I take my buns down, my ends are nice and smooth and aren't all wild like a tree branch. If you read the back of the bottle, it says the results are immediate. The Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein is number four on the list. Therefore, I don't play around with too much of this.

BTW, I do plan on playing around with this like a protein treatment just like my 2 min Reconstructor. However, I will use the oil-rinse method (like Sareca?) and put conditioner over it and rinse it out and see how that goes.

I do! I use the Aphogee 2min mixed with ORS Replinishing, The Pro-Vitamin leave in, and the KEratin mist. My hair has never been so healthy and I'm excited to keep useing them

Can you share your regimen with me? I am wondering how to use the Aphoghee products in the best way. How often should I use Aphoghee products?

Last edited:
I was searching the aphogee leave in and green tea and found this thread. I have been using an egg every week but I think I am going to try the 2 minute, the leave in and the green tea. My hair is fine and I am learning that I need protein. I am co washing a few times a week so I think that will keep my balance in check. Can't wait to try them!

I use Ateeya's regimen from youtube and after having my stylist trim my hair real good my breakage stopped and I use heat once a week. I use the shampoo for damaged hair, 2 minute reconstructor, green tea and keratin leave in, pro vitamin leave in, mousse, and chi silk infusion. I then blow dry and flat iron once a week. I also use the heavy protein tratment once a week. My hair is finally healthy:grin:

Also most of aphogee's products are PH balanced

I just did the 2 step treatment today. I love it! I also have the 2 min., leave-in, reconstructor, and balancing moisturizer. I use the 2 step and balancing moisturizer together, but I always follow with another DC, today it was Yes to Carrots. If I cowash and feel like my hair is snapping (this is why I'm starting to rethink cowashes...:ohwell:), I add the leave-in and then put another leave in on top of it. It's not strong enough on it's own. I use the green tea when I rollerset. Keeps hair light and swangy, but protects the hair. I use the 2 minute every few weeks on a regular basis.

Oh, and I'm a 4a natural, so I do think naturals can use it. You just need to listen to your hair in terms of how much protein it needs. I'm consistent with when I use the 2 step and the 2 minute, the green tea only for rollersetting, and the leave-in is an as needed treatment. I do lurves my aphogee :grin:! I also think my BSS has a few of the old balancing moisturizers left, so I may go pick them up.

I use the 2-step, and the two minute keratin reconstructor. The 2-step has been a part of my regimen for more than 10 years, and the two minute about 2 or 3 years. They help my hair to stay healthy regardless to what length I wear it.

The 2-step kept my hair healthy when I was flat ironing every week to two weeks. I think my hair would have been in very bad condition with that much heat usage if I had not been giving it the hard protein treatments. Now that I'm using heat infrequently, I think it helps to keep away the knots that most of us naturals get.

I've been using the 2-min for six months & I love it. It really does handle breakage w/out giving me protein overload. I put it on, then I sit under my heating cap on "high" for 15 mins. When I come out from the heating cap, my hair is strong--and my hair is on my head, not on the pillows, my shirt, all over the place like it used to be.

I always keep it around.

I LOVE Aphogee products.Last year I bleached & colored my hair about 5 times within a 4 month period, and Aphogee was the only thing that kept hair on my head! The 2 step protein, 2 minute reconstructor, keratin & green tea spray, and shampoo for damaged hair are all great products. However, they're very VERY high in protein, so I only use them when I have color or bleached hair.

I am always pleasantly surprised by how well Aphogee products work with my hair. The 2 step really doesn't do much for me, but I love the hardcore 2 step protein, the pro vitamin spray leave in conditioner (i use that as a moisturizer on dry hair), & i LOVE the keratin green tea reconstructor.

but the "moisturizing conditioner" to be used after the 2 step protein treatment is horrible.

Back