White or Ivory

brittle_hair

I'm trying to work out whether to swap my wedding dress for bright white instead of ivory, I am dark skinned like lupita nyongo (not saying I look like her or anything...)

I initially thought bright white would be a bit too much of a stark contrast, but now i'm thinking the off-white may not be as flattering as the stark white....

Thoughts welcome...

I think bright white will be beautiful. Bold colors look great on most skin tones, but especially darker tones. :up: Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

I think you should try on gowns in both colors and then decide.

Initially I wanted an ivory gown but the gown I fell in love with was white. Everyone loved it!

i have already bought a dress online in Ivory it was delivered to my friends place in Cali on Friday, since they don't deliver to the UK. When I went dress shopping I tried on ivory dresses as I thought my mind was set...

I always prefer ivory dresses.
When I ordered my dress, I was so scared it would come white, as the designer tends to do bright white dresses.

My dress came in & I finally got to see it complete in person, and thankfully, it was a very light ivory.

I was going to order the dress in white and send the other one back, but it looks like they have sold out so i'll be sticking with ivory, but i think bright white isn't as much of a no-no as originally thought. Thanks for your input ladies.

Last edited:
I prefer pink. Blush pink. Lol.

But i hated the white dresses i tried on. It was so white i barely could see the style.

Ivory was ok and beautiful against darker tones imo.

Some ivory dresses just look dirty. I think it depends on the material and style. If you are wearing something that looks satiny then ivory works. If it has a lot of beading I think a white or champagne.

Put on the dress and you will know if it's right.

If you got the shape
Wow
I have never seen that dress
All eyes will be on you

You better work
Work it girl

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Similar to kk's dress. I tried on a similar vera wang with the halter neck and it looked great but was heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I haven't tried it yet as it's been delivered to a friends place but when she took out the box to show me she did say it was very heavy because of the bit at the bottom, but I think thats a small price to pay for a beautiful VW dress.

I haven't tried it yet as it's been delivered to a friends place but when she took out the box to show me she did say it was very heavy because of the bit at the bottom, but I think thats a small price to pay for a beautiful VW dress.

my ceremony dress is VW and i was trying that on for the reception. no way i can dance in it :perplexed

I did ivory, but I didn't really have a choice :lol:. I loved the way it looked against my skin.

my ceremony dress is VW and i was trying that on for the reception. no way i can dance in it :perplexed

She will bring it over at the beginning of May and my wedding is in September, so there will be more than enough time to buy a 'change into dress', but i'm supposed to be changing into Ghanaian/Nigerian cloth anyway, so i'll get a bit of a breather.

Do you know if it has the hook bit to lift the back up?

She will bring it over at the beginning of May and my wedding is in September, so there will be more than enough time to buy a 'change into dress', but i'm supposed to be changing into Ghanaian/Nigerian cloth anyway, so i'll get a bit of a breather.

Do you know if it has the hook bit to lift the back up?

a bustle? i dont remember. im going back there this weekend. ill check for you and report back. :yep:

Back