'whip' length and longer - how do you wear your hair mostly

brg240

Like what is your day to day style?

Ladies I need some help idk how to wear my hair. I wear buns almost daily and while I believe this is why I reached tbl, it's murdered my edges.:nono: I have a not so cute halo of shorter hairs(from eyebrow to chin lengthy) framing my face.

I tried not doing tight buns but I think they may be too heavy andjust stress the front of my hair period.

I just need some protective style that won't kill my edges.

Last edited:
Like what is your day to day style?

Ladies I need some help idk how to wear my hair. I wear buns almost daily and while I believe this is why I reached tbl, it's murdered my edges.:nono: I have a not so cute halo of shorter hairs(from eyebrow to chin lengthy) framing my face.

I tried not doing tight buns but I think they may be too heavy andjust stress the front of my hair period.

I just need some protective style that won't kill my edges.

I am not whip length but to me it sounds like you have a cute set of natural bangs.

I'm whip, about an inch from hip. Bunning is my goto protective, but I switched to the Goody Spin Pins last year because using elastics (even the ouchless) was thinning my edges. Now a year later my edges look great, and with bunning I always retain length like crazy! I was MBL this time last year.

I'm wl & I cosign the spin pins. I also use hair sticks. They are amazing! Basically anything that doesn't wrap your strands should work.

For the winter time I'm trying something new. I'm wearing my hair in 4 braids, M&S daily. To go outside I"m putting on a silk bonnet under a cute hat. I've only been doing this for a week, but I love it so far! I know I'm going to retain every inch of hair I grow & doing my hair in the morning is a breeze.

Plus I know my hair is protected every moment of ever day.

I am WHIP. I do buns (top are my fav), twists, twistouts, braidouts and wash n go's that I let dry some before going out. I am going to try the spin pins!! I have been scared to try them.

I'm wl & I cosign the spin pins. I also use hair sticks. They are amazing! Basically anything that doesn't wrap your strands should work.

For the winter time I'm trying something new. I'm wearing my hair in 4 braids, M&S daily. To go outside I"m putting on a silk bonnet under a cute hat. I've only been doing this for a week, but I love it so far! I know I'm going to retain every inch of hair I grow & doing my hair in the morning is a breeze.

Plus I know my hair is protected every moment of ever day.

Where do you get your silk bonnets from..?

I am going to try the spin pins!! I have been scared to try them.

They look scary but they are the best. They hold more securely than elastics but they don't put stress on your edges. You could get the same benefits from a bunch of hair pins, but two spin pins are much quicker!

I'm WHIP and I do about the same as Diva Esp. I mostly bun and wear braids. I also wig it and cornrow my hair underneath

juliehp I've purchased from about half the links in this thread.

The ones that I wear under my hat depend on the size of the hat. My bonnets from Pretty Anntoinet's are the thinnest. But for my bulkier hats, I can get away with something from Sassy Swag Designs because they are heavier.

I have layers, the longest being HL, and my go to styles are braid outs and stretched wash n gos, (I let the hair dry in loose twists till 60 - 90% dry then release). I can't do buns either. But I'm going to have to try those spin pins.

Thanks ladies, I got 3 pairs of spin pins to do my hair with. I actually had a pair butmisplaced one. :( I'll look into getting some hair sticks next year

I am not whip length but to me it sounds like you have a cute set of natural bangs.
:lol: if only that were true

I'm a bun/braid person..Sometimes I do twists or Bantu knots..On special occasions,I do flexi rod sets..

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm whip, about an inch from hip. Bunning is my goto protective, but I switched to the Goody Spin Pins last year because using elastics (even the ouchless) was thinning my edges. Now a year later my edges look great, and with bunning I always retain length like crazy! I was MBL this time last year.

I like to wear half up, half down styles. With elastics I get breakage in my crown. With spin pins, the hair is protected and doesn't break.

Back