Which is better Match or eharmony?

if you had a choice which would you choose?

Have you heard about one being better than the other?

I had membership to both. If you want lighthearted fun go with Match.com.

If you are serious about getting married, go with eHarmony. Remember that when eHarmony started it was christian-valued based and for the most part still is. I did almost meet a man from eHarmony, but after talking to him several months on the phone, I found he was not my cup of tea at all... :nono:

Eventually I never did find a date on either, but it was harmless diversion for awhile. I eventually met my SO at a Christmas party at a co-workers home who met her husband online. :yep: My SO was her husband's old roommate!:grin:

Good luck and be safe (follow the online dating rules!) and have fun. You'll meet some pretty interesting people out there!

I had membership to both. If you want lighthearted fun go with Match.com.

If you are serious about getting married, go with eHarmony.
Remember that when eHarmony started it was christian-valued based and for the most part still is. I did almost meet a man from eHarmony, but after talking to him several months on the phone, I found he was not my cup of tea at all... :nono:

Eventually I never did find a date on either, but it was harmless diversion for awhile. I eventually met my SO at a Christmas party at a co-workers home who met her husband online. :yep: My SO was her husband's old roommate!:grin:

Good luck and be safe (follow the online dating rules!) and have fun. You'll meet some pretty interesting people out there!
Cosigning. I was a member of both and I met interesting folks from both sites. And sometimes you can talk for months but after you meet dude still flakes up on ya! Don't get too attached to one guy too soon and have fun.

I got more interesing hits with match.

I won't be going to these sites anymore...I have a theory.

I think the majority of the dudes on these sites have some kind of ego problems.

I am the girl that expects to be pursued. Even if it is the internet. Almost every guy SAVE ONE made the moves to contact me, but then really dropped the ball afterward. I personally think many of these dudes wanted an ego boost, because they were playing phone games. One guy actually said he was waiting to see how long I would wait to call him. WTF? You have my number, you say we have good convo, ASK ME OUT?! I'm sure some were just playing thier options, but based on the stories some told me about OTHER women they'd talked with from the sites, they seemed to be waiting and expectig for the women to chase them. :nono:

No way hose. One dude told me a girl sent him a message and said, "Usher is in town tonight. If you've got two tickets then you've got a date!" :crazy: That's nuts.

Anyway, the last guy I met, that I am still dating, is big and sometimes acts really insecure around me. He wasn't completely honest about his size, either; off by about 50 pounds or more. But I'm enjoying him so it's all good. He is the only one that dated me like a man should, Internet or not.

Good luck girl!

Oh, I forgot to say, eharmony sucks for the money because at first, you get duped into thinking you are getting all these matches, well you are b/c you are new to the database. Then there is nothing until NEW boys sign up...and then, guess what? They get that same glut of new people that you did, and so if you are waiting for them to notice YOU it could take awhile. With Match, you can adjust your settings and search for new people all the time.

I think the majority of the dudes on these sites have some kind of ego problems.

I am the girl that expects to be pursued. Even if it is the internet. Almost every guy SAVE ONE made the moves to contact me, but then really dropped the ball afterward. I personally think many of these dudes wanted an ego boost, because they were playing phone games. One guy actually said he was waiting to see how long I would wait to call him. WTF? You have my number, you say we have good convo, ASK ME OUT?! I'm sure some were just playing thier options, but based on the stories some told me about OTHER women they'd talked with from the sites, they seemed to be waiting and expectig for the women to chase them. :nono:

No way hose. One dude told me a girl sent him a message and said, "Usher is in town tonight. If you've got two tickets then you've got a date!" :crazy: That's nuts.

Anyway, the last guy I met, that I am still dating, is big and sometimes acts really insecure around me. He wasn't completely honest about his size, either; off by about 50 pounds or more. But I'm enjoying him so it's all good. He is the only one that dated me like a man should, Internet or not.

Good luck girl!

Oh, I forgot to say, eharmony sucks for the money because at first, you get duped into thinking you are getting all these matches, well you are b/c you are new to the database. Then there is nothing until NEW boys sign up...and then, guess what? They get that same glut of new people that you did, and so if you are waiting for them to notice YOU it could take awhile. With Match, you can adjust your settings and search for new people all the time.

You know I think you may be on to something with the ego issue. I too believe some of these guys are just fishing for women that will run behind them. Also alot of these men are already seeing someone, they just want extra notches on their belt. The internet just opens up a whole new world to them. I believe the percentage of these men actually looking for a serious relationship is small.

Good luck girl!

I am currently signed up with Match and I would really appreciate some insight as to how to do the bolded. :yep:. Thanks in advance.

Good luck girl!

I cosign/agree/concur with what you have said here. I was on Eharmony last year and had a similar experience. Also, everyone that I "matched" with were in another state.

One of my classmates is on Match.com right now since two of her friends are in serious relationships with folk they got matched with. She even went on a date recently but it didn't go that well. I'm planning to go on Match.com soon...just for fun....

bump.....

Aren't these site expensive? I still don't understand why guys would pay to be on a site just to play some games. :spinning:

Thanks for the info ladies, I'm considering Match. Though I do want to get married, and you all say eharmony is made for that.

What's a girl to do?:drunk:

bump.....

Aren't these site expensive? I still don't understand why guys would pay to be on a site just to play some games. :spinning:

Thanks for the info ladies, I'm considering Match. Though I do want to get married, and you all say eharmony is made for that.

What's a girl to do?:drunk:

When I read this, the thought popped into my head: "cast your bread upon the waters...." LOL!

Seriously, though: I think that maybe if we spread out more in terms of where we're seen, we'll have a higher percentage/opportunity to be noticed?

And yes, it's relatively expensive.... But the cost helps to keep out the riff-raff, right? I mean, I'm thinking only serious folk are willing to pay...and then the more to pay, the more serious people are?

Back