Which Flat Iron should I buy?

pet

Hello girls,

I wrote this thread before, but it didn't go through.

I will be buying a flat iron tomorrow, and I am between the FHI (1") flat iron, and the Maxiglide.

I am a natural who presses regularly, and my mom usually presses my hair with a hot comb. She does a beautiful job! I would like to start doing my hair myself so she wouldn't have to be bothered. She gets my hair really straight, and people's mouths open when I tell them that it is a press.

I have read many reviews on flat irons on this board and have seen beautiful pictures. Most of the people who use a flat iron on this board is relaxed, so this is the reason why I am posting this now. I don't want to buy a expensive flat iron, then to realize it doesn't work well on my hair. Even though I am a natural, because I press my hair often, my hair is use to being straight.

I was leaning towards the maxiglide for a while, but I have read that this iron is a little bulky. I have small hands, so I don't want a flat iron that will give me a lot of trouble to handle. Then I will be back to square one!

Sistaslick basically sold the FHI flat iron in my point of view, and because this iron comes in different sizes, I can get a small one that can reach my roots.

What do you think?

I buying the flat iron from a store in Manhattan, NY and the FHI costs $78.95 and the Maxiglide $150.

Thanks for your help!

Basically, I think you just answered you own question. If the Maxiglid is too bulky for you, plus it's more expensive, then don't get it. Most people, I believe, get Maxiglide because of the fact that there is no direct heat to the hair. But since you say your hair is used to heat, I guess that means your hair doesn't break off from heat. So you wouldn't really need it for that reason.

I love my Maxiglide. I bought it strictly for the teeth and the steam, no direct heat? I don't know about that. $150? Dang, you should check QVC or something. I don't know if you have Bed Bath & Beyond where you live but I hear they sell them there too for $89. Honestly, it was worth the $89 I paid but $150? :ohwell: In my opinion it's not THAT great. I'm texturized but I was natural when I got my Maxiglide and it was the first plug in flat iron to get my resistant hair straight. However it didnt stop the reversion. And I never got the super sleek silkiness from it that I'd like. So alas, I'm always on the lookout for something newer and better so my Sedu should be in the mailbox when I get home today yay!

Thank you girls! It looks like I'll buy the FHI flat iron. You two made total sense.

Thank again!

pet said:
Hello girls,

I wrote this thread before, but it didn't go through.

I will be buying a flat iron tomorrow, and I am between the FHI (1") flat iron, and the Maxiglide.

I am a natural who presses regularly, and my mom usually presses my hair with a hot comb. She does a beautiful job! I would like to start doing my hair myself so she wouldn't have to be bothered. She gets my hair really straight, and people's mouths open when I tell them that it is a press.

I have read many reviews on flat irons on this board and have seen beautiful pictures. Most of the people who use a flat iron on this board is relaxed, so this is the reason why I am posting this now. I don't want to buy a expensive flat iron, then to realize it doesn't work well on my hair. Even though I am a natural, because I press my hair often, my hair is use to being straight.

I was leaning towards the maxiglide for a while, but I have read that this iron is a little bulky. I have small hands, so I don't want a flat iron that will give me a lot of trouble to handle. Then I will be back to square one!

Sistaslick basically sold the FHI flat iron in my point of view, and because this iron comes in different sizes, I can get a small one that can reach my roots.

What do you think?

I buying the flat iron from a store in Manhattan, NY and the FHI costs $78.95 and the Maxiglide $150.

Thanks for your help!

Who's selling the maxiglide for $150.00:eek: ...you can get the maxiglide at folica.com for $89.95 with free shipping....:grin:

Back