Which do u think looks better?

blazn_ballerine

which of the two do you think looks better : twist-outs or braid-outs???

Also how long would u leave them in braids/twists before u take them out and what would u put inside to moisturize ur hair???

I think it depends on your type of hair. I personally prefer twist-outs on me because my hair is quite curly, but I've done braid-outs in the past.

The length of time I leave it in depends on the look I'm going for. Not too long ago, I would put my hair in somewhat large twists while wet (moisturized with a little bit of ORS olive oil lotion and EQP mango butter), let it dry overnight and then take them down the next day. That would give me a wavier look. But in recent weeks, I've been trying to minimize the manipulation of my hair and I leave my twists in longer--between 3-5 days. When I do it this way, my curls kind of take over and my two-strand twists end up turning into defined single coils. At that point I just take it apart with my fingers and the result is a head full of curls. HTH!

I would say both, and I came to that conclusion when I took a look at Nay's album. You might find some helpful info on this from her. I have never done them myself, but hers are to die for!

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
I would say both, and I came to that conclusion when I took a look at Nay's album. You might find some helpful info on this from her. I have never done them myself, but hers are to die for!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, thanks, Ubavka
kiss.gif

Lately I'm loving the twistout. The braidout seems to show more length, but the twistout is easier, and the hair comes out with a cuter wave pattern (In my opinion).

I have to leave my hair braided or twisted until completely dry (which means overnight), or else I'm a big puff head. Also, if I leave the twist in a couple days, it seems to be really, really defined!

They both look nice, though. You can get a lot of variations depending on how many sections you make, how long you leave them in, et cetera. You just have to kind of experiment and see what your hair likes! Also, the more you do it, the better it will turn out. If I compare my earlier braidout attempt pictures with my more recent braidout/twist attempts, I can see that either I've gotten better at it, or my hair has become more "trained," and just I'm happier with the results.

P.S: Check out KhaLesSta, Babyblue, and Irresistible's pics. They all have worn awesome braidouts or twistouts.

I like twist outs better. The waves are more uniform. I do them every night and take them out in the morning. I moisturize my hair as I am doing them. I have to wet my hair for them look nice and not frizzy.

I'm devoted to twist-outs these days. I thought the braid-out was IT for me, but since my skills have improved, I'm a twistin' fool. I like the naturalness of the twist-out more, but my braid-outs were nice too and looked natural. It took me longer to become a proficient twister, than braider.

I leave them in overnight. If I'm up to it, I take my hair dryer and put the cool blast on for a few minutes before going to sleep. Usually they're dry. If I don't, they're a little damp when I wake up, then I have to cool shot.

As leave-ins I use my spray bottle that has distilled water, coconut milk, Lacio Lacio, Aloe Vera Gel, Elasta's H-2 & avocado oil. Then I apply Phytodefrisant, Lacio Lacio and seal my ends w/shea butter & avocado oil, before applying avocado oil to the length of my hair. After twisting I set the ends on perm rods and then put more of the same stuff on my ends to make sure they are moist.

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
I like both but my hair tangles more with a twist out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true. I notice it when I run my finger through to my ends. Don't seem to be a problem when washing though.

I prefer braidouts only because I haven't yet tried twistouts. I braid my hair overnight usually after airdrying my hair first. Since I wash every 3 days, there's a lot of moisture sealed in from my leave-in and oils for my waves. If I do happen to need more moisture, I'll add a little Protectiv Break-Free while braiding up my hair. And I always keep my ends moisturized daily.

I love Nay's and Hairlove's braidouts also, among other ladies. There are many beautiful examples of both styles on this board.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Nay - when you do your twistouts - what do you do to the ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Hairlove
wave.gif
. I didn't notice this question until today.

When I do the twistout or braidout, I just kind of take the last half inch or three-quarters of an inch or hair and twirl it around my finger until it becomes curly. That leaves me with a little spiral-curled ending.

Hey, Irresistible
wave.gif
You disappeared for a little while there last week. Good to see you posting again. You know you are the one who got me to try the twistout after your "tropical twistout."

Thanks for the compliment, Tigerlily.

Hey, Isis
wave.gif

I wear my twists for a few weeks and then take them out for a very very nice twist out that I can wear for a few days. I don't have trouble combing out my twistouts.

I haven't tried braidouts yet but I will soon!

-Ebony

I like both. For some reason the braid out sets faster for me. The twist out looks better if i leave it in a couple of days. I dont use rollers on the ends, i just make a finger coil at the ends to make a curl. Also since my hair soaks up so much water it takes long to dry and if my hair is even still slightly damp the next day I will get a poofy braid/twist-out as opposed to a sleeker more defined one. But a little poof doesnt't scare me
cool.gif

i can do my twistouts faster and i get great spiral shaped definition. i only do braid outs when i take out my cornrows and i usually wear them for 2wks to a month i get kind of a crimped look

Back