Where The Boys Are?

THAT'S the spirit!!! :lachen: :up: We need to get out of our comfort zone ladies! :yay:

Plus, I've heard that when a man and a woman engage in some type of near-death experience together (even just going on rollercoasters together), it increases the attraction that they feel for each other. Even if you two are just "buddies" or just met....for some reason that "excitement" of adrenaline rush gets transferred into sexual attraction.

I want my first date to be at an amusement park lol :giggle: ....:hide: It's SO much more fun than the typical dinner and a movie thing... :rolleyes: It's exciting,and you naturally talk and are more yourself. :yep:

Great idea! I always struggle with what to do on the first date. I hate having dinner with a man I don't know. I'm pretty squirmy and I don't think my true personality comes out. I'm a lot of fun, but if I don't know someone well, I can come off awkward and weird.

I have a date tomorrow. My bestie was like, "where are you going to dinner?" I told her it was just for drinks and she was appalled. She said the man must spend money on you. She's super social and bubbly and only dates rich men.

I need to do a search for first date ideas, as I don't want to hijack this thread.

Back on track, a suggestion for where to meet men, speed dating. I've never tried, but I know of three ladies who have gotten married to men from speed dating events. @Crystalicequeen123 this would be death-defying for me! I'm going to try it! :)

Hey! I was just coming in here to say this! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Met my husband in da club. :lachen::lachen:

Go, go, go, go, go, go
Go shorty, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday
And you know we don't give a f... it's not your birthday

Lonely guys are always at the gym at unfortunate late hours. Once I had a date at a bar next door to my gym and actually went to work out after, there were a bunch of lonely guys :lol:

I'm a Salsa addict and unfortunately the black men in the dance scene prefer other especially, if she can't dance the better. They collect brownie points and a lot of free booty along the way. Eventually one foreign booty turns into wife.

tumblr_nnwfx250oE1uua9tso1_1280.jpg

He's buff too :lol:

Stay lonely as hell :lol:

charity events.
We're talking about eligible single men right? Not just single men cause they are all around lol.

If we're talking upscale men who are intelligent, and who care about issues we're talking charity events.

Also arts events including museums, galas, dance.

I'm all about quality not quantity and also like minded. So I'm mentioning things I like to do.

Last edited:
Can someone please give tips on where to meet intelligent men? I meet a lot of men with degrees/good jobs but it is rare to meet someone that is well read, intellectually curious, and that can really discuss topics on a deeper level.

I'm noticing that my relationships lose their luster when they stop being mentally stimulating... One thing about my ex dh that I loved and respected was how we could talk endlessly about different subjects and he could go toe to toe with me because he not only read about ****, he could actually speak in depth about it....he never stopped learning either. Where are the intellectual brothers at???:cry3:
My other post comes into play: Museums, Film Festivals and Film Charity Events, Gala Events, Charity Events, Arts Events, Balls, Theatre (and their corresponding events. Theatres hold fundraisers, etc as well as events for patrons and others) etc
you're going to have critics at these events along with other intellectuals and also some really successful people and artists. You'll find yourself brushing up on and learning about different stuff while being around like minded people.

Back