Where Is My Bi-Weekly Washers At?

MizaniMami

Or anyone who has ever attempted to wait it out 2 weeks. I am def. wanting to hear from the protective stylers who do this.

So I am almost one week post shampoo and my hair is taking this surprisingly good! I am almost thinking about going another week and trying the biweekly wash thing! That will make it only 6 washes before the next relaxer-that way I don't have to deal with the newgrowth much.

So where my biweekly washers at? How is the shedding on wash day? Are you happy doing this? Any pros or cons I should know about?

ETA:Yall know I'm slow. I am/was referring to washing everu other week/twice a month

Last edited:
What are you trying to do? :lachen:

I bet you by day 10 your scalp will hate you?:p

I dunno. I can never do it. The longest that I can go is maybe 6 days and I HATE having to go that long. Are you still airdrying and combing on wash days only? I would imagine that washing every two weeks would result in quite a bit of tangling if you arent combing regularly.

I do it and with great success! I am currently 5 months post and it is the answer! Less manipulation is the only way after about 8 weeks for me!

MonaRae

goldensensation said:
What are you trying to do? :lachen:

I bet you by day 10 your scalp will hate you?:p

I dunno. I can never do it. The longest that I can go is maybe 6 days and I HATE having to go that long. Are you still airdrying and combing on wash days only? I would imagine that washing every two weeks would result in quite a bit of tangling if you arent combing regularly.

:lachen::lachen:Why can I imagine you saying this!! I am trying to do extra low manipulation, so you think the tangles will be horrible? I think so too now that you mention it.

I'm always tryna think up some stuff.

I'm so amazed at the ladies here who are doing this successfully. I want to -- I just need to know how to get around the itchy scalp after just 4 days washing. I'll be paying attention to this thread!

RIGHT HERE! i love washing every 3-4 days cause i can't stand dirty, greasy hair. the longest i can go is one week.

Mizani, when you say biweekly, are you talking about twice in 1 week? Because I wash twice a week. Or are you saying washing every two weeks?

shunta said:
Mizani, when you say biweekly, are you talking about twice in 1 week? Because I wash twice a week. Or are you saying washing every two weeks?

then isn't that bi-monthly? i wondered that too

MizaniMami said:
Or anyone who has ever attempted to wait it out 2 weeks. I am def. wanting to hear from the protective stylers who do this.

So I am almost one week post shampoo and my hair is taking this surprisingly good! I am almost thinking about going another week and trying the biweekly wash thing! That will make it only 6 washes before the next relaxer-that way I don't have to deal with the newgrowth much.

So where my biweekly washers at? How is the shedding on wash day? Are you happy doing this? Any pros or cons I should know about?

There is a post about this in the archives. I forgot the exact page but its in the firt ten pages.

I don't have a problem at all washing every two weeks. I try to wash my hair every Sat. but if something comes up I will wait. Sometimes I am in the field for a couple weeks a a time, so I always wait until I come back to wash my hair. I never get any itches. I always use butters and oils with leave in conditioners. You would think I would have lots of build up but my scalp loves it. :)

Now that I am braiding my own hair regularly...I am doing my shampoo every 2 weeks this winter. I used to do once a week. Since I do the Homemade sulphur, and I also MN and I also baggie with an essential oil in my water spray, and all of this equals antifungals and bacteria killers, and an AVC rinse which is also a bacteria retarder,why should my head stink?.As for the "greasy part, since I baggie a lot, the greasy thing is not happening. I only oil when necessary. I live where the temperatures sink to 45 degrees or more BELOW ZERO in the winter time. I wonder if you would want to be walking out every day in that with a fresh washed head. No. I pick my times in the winter ladies. Now the summers are generally lovely so that is not an issue in the summer. bonjour

MizaniMami said:
Yeah I meant, bi-monthly!! My bad yall, I was in a rush!
Dang, I feel goofy. I wash every two weeks and i've always called it bi-weekly, oops. Anyways I've been shampooing every 2 weeks w/ no co-washes in-between for a lot of years and it works very very well!! My hair is always super moisturized and I don't see much breakage. I don't see why you'd have a problem w/ tangles though. Are you going to be wearing your hair in relatively straight styles? If so than I don't think tangles should be a problem but if you were wearing it natural than yeah, maybe so. When I wash bi-monthly (got it right that time, hee hee) my hair is usually flat ironed straight or roller set or something and i just comb through it before I shampoo...no tangles. I bi-monthly washing is the key for some people because there is little manipulation. When I shampoo I see the most shedding/breakage so I do it as less as possible and I don't have a problem w/ my scalp such as itchies and stuff.....oh and my hair don't stink either, lol. I really think you would benefit from doing this but try it out first to see if it works for your hair and scalp.

So how would you maintain your hair daily if you are washing every two weeks? Do you think you would change much from what you are currently doing?

I can not make it bi-monthly. My scalp would itch as if I had lice or fleas or something if I went that long.

secretdiamond said:
ok to clear things up:

Bi-weekly = 2x a week
Bi-monthly= 2x a month

HTH.

I always thought bi-weekly was every other week and bi-monthly was every other month. Like if you say, "I get paid bi -weekly" that would mean you get paid every other week. Is this not correct?:look:

2cute2B4gotten said:
I always thought bi-weekly was every other week and bi-monthly was every other month. Like if you say, "I get paid bi -weekly" that would mean you get paid every other week. Is this not correct?:look:

bi-weekly can mean twice a week or every other week This goes for bi-monthy, yearly, bi-anything really. It's an ambiguous term that's why everyone is right, but confused...lol

While I prefer washing my hair once a week, i've done the every other week thing and it's cool too. I especially prefer bi weekly (monthly... whatever) when stretching past 12 weeks since it means I don't have to be bothered with detangling as often. I thing detangling is extremely stressful to your hair when you have a substantial amoung of new growth. I would just be careful of what products I use since no one wants stinky hair.

Definitions of 'biweekly' (bī-wēklē) - 5 definitions - The American Heritage® Dictionary

biweekly (adj.) Happening every two weeks.
biweekly (n.) A publication issued every two weeks.
biweekly (adv.) Every two weeks.

Im a whenever washer but I usually dont go longer than 2 weeks without washing. When I was younger and strangely my hair was at its longest (mid teens) I got my hair washed once a month. But then again my mother has 4 daughters and at the time we were all below bra strap naturals... Who can blame her?

rinygirl6 said:
bi-weekly can mean twice a week or every other week This goes for bi-monthy, yearly, bi-anything really. It's an ambiguous term that's why everyone is right, but confused...lol

Yeah what she and BeyondCute said, I knew what i was talkin bout!:lol:

Beyond, strangely too for me, my hair was at it's longest (in my teen years) when I used to wash every two weeks.

Poka, I plan to do a protective styles. Hmmm. I may just give it a try. I dunno, still thiking about it.

MizaniMami said:
Yeah what she and BeyondCute said, I knew what i was talkin bout!:lol:

Beyond, strangely too for me, my hair was at it's longest (in my teen years) when I used to wash every two weeks.

Poka, I plan to do a protective styles. Hmmm. I may just give it a try. I dunno, still thiking about it.

I was looking at this and you all almost got me confused. I was thinking, Mizani had it right the first time. Bi-weekly is every 2 weeks. The hubby even pulled out the dictionary because he said....How can it be any thing other than every two weeks.:ohwell: lol.

still lol at you MizaniMami.

Letitia said:
I was looking at this and you all almost got me confused. I was thinking, Mizani had it right the first time. Bi-weekly is every 2 weeks. The hubby even pulled out the dictionary because he said....How can it be any thing other than every two weeks.:ohwell: lol.

still lol at you MizaniMami.

Okay, give your hubby a high five for me.

Okay, I am on day 6 post shampoo and the itchies have taken me captive.:lol:

I wouldn't make it.

beyondcute said:
Definitions of 'biweekly' (bī-wēklē) - 5 definitions - The American Heritage® Dictionary

biweekly (adj.) Happening every two weeks.
biweekly (n.) A publication issued every two weeks.
biweekly (adv.) Every two weeks.

Im a whenever washer but I usually dont go longer than 2 weeks without washing. When I was younger and strangely my hair was at its longest (mid teens) I got my hair washed once a month. But then again my mother has 4 daughters and at the time we were all below bra strap naturals... Who can blame her?

Smart ladies. I see my hubby wasn't the only one looking it up. :up:
giggles

Back