Where do YOU get that Shea Butter???

unaltered.

I went to a little BSS today to compare prices and this is what they had http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=663432&dept%5Fid=1255

I didn't go to Sally's but I figure the price ($4.99) will be the same for that little jar (2.5 oz).
shocked.gif

So where do you get yours? Like, health food stores or Indian stores? Also, online is not an option because my mom is paranoid!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
Wal-Mart!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the full name of the shea butter you buy at walmart? I'd like to be able to try some wtihout having to order online.

Bumping for the name of the WalMart Shea Butter and where it is located in the store. Anyone?

Most bss I go to sell the Naturally You brand of shea butter (the one in the jar). I've never used it, so I don't know if it's refined or not. Kemi Oyl makes a pure shea butter, too.

I get mine from nasabb.com. You can order by mail, fax or phone, too. /images/graemlins/poke.gif

Hotshot a muslim friend of mine sells it on the street. He gets it from the African food store in the Yankee Stadium market area in the Bronx or he buys it from Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn.

I buy my shea butter online from camden-grey.com or cedarvale.net. Whenever I've seen shea butter in the store it's so expensive that it's not worth it. Online is cheaper even with shipping.

[ QUOTE ]
I buy my shea butter online from camden-grey.com or cedarvale.net. Whenever I've seen shea butter in the store it's so expensive that it's not worth it. Online is cheaper even with shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]really?? ive heard such negative stuff about those two sites, i was afraid to order anything from them /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i get mine from Ghana....ive got family over there and talk about cheap!! they bring it back for me at no charge cuz they luuuuuv me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

depending on how much i get (around thanksgiving) i was thinking about selling the the extra on ebay....but ive been known to be quite greedy with my shea...hehehe
~T~

butterfly,what is the brand of the shea butter at Wild Oats? I get a lot of my hair products from there, but I didn't realize they sell shea butter.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
Wal-Mart!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the full name of the shea butter you buy at walmart? I'd like to be able to try some wtihout having to order online.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I remember right, it is called Natural Essence. I too have bought 100% unrefined shea butter from Walmart in the past, but I haven't seen it in quite a while. It was in the body lotion isle.

Straight from the source. My family goes to Ghana every now and then and they know I needs my Shea Butter.

My granny (she'd kill me if she knew I called her granny) lives in Durbin South Africa so she sends it to me by the pound straight from the source ...

hi gigi, how much did your 1lb butter cost?
ghana was very very very nice. /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

i highly recommend it to all. i am having bad withdrawal symptoms. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif God help me.

Back