Where did you get your FHI Runway

I bought mine from Pinkcorset.com. She's an authorized seller in California. It was $290 free shipping & handling.

From the looks of it I paid WAAYYYY more then most ladies on this board.......lol

You're lucky! I purchased mine from her as well. However, she gave me a tracking number that didn't exist. When I confronted her about it, she told me to open a dispute with my credit card company. She told me she called the manufacturer and they said they would only send out 2 Runways per day.:rolleyes: This is all despite the fact that my credit card has been charged for over a month now without ever receiving the Runway. I am heated!:wallbash:. Now I hate Pink Corset.

You're lucky! I purchased mine from her as well. However, she gave me a tracking number that didn't exist. When I confronted her about it, she told me to open a dispute with my credit card company. She told me she called the manufacturer and they said they would only send out 2 Runways per day.:rolleyes: This is all despite the fact that my credit card has been charged for over a month now without ever receiving the Runway. I am heated!:wallbash:. Now I hate Pink Corset.

Are you serious? Please post this in the Sellers Review Forum. It can help someone else avoid this mess!

Last edited:

:perplexed @ her telling you to open a dispute with your credit card. What kind of bull is that? She sounds like a definite scam to me for real. Yeah right @ her only getting 2 Runways for days when other sellers manage to get many. I'd let other people know about this before it gets out of hand. I hope that you're able to get your refund girl. I've been there before with a company that sells cell phones, so I feel you. :yep:

Charzboss, I thought about doing that. The problem was that after reading some good reviews about the customer service from this company, I called them to order. Once I found out they were having the free shipping deal, I purchased and started a thread letting everyone else know.
From what I can see a few ladies that purchased the flat iron around the same time I did, have received it. I may be one of the few who did not receive mine. I am afraid of sound like a hyprocrite.

I thought about doing that. The problem was that after reading some good reviews about the customer service from this company, I called them to order. Once I found out they were having the free shipping deal, I purchased and started a thread letting everyone else know.
From what I can see a few ladies that purchased the flat iron around the same time I did, have received it. I may be one of the few who did not receive mine. I am afraid of sound like a hyprocrite.

Girl don't worry about it! It's not your fault! Save someone else from this mess!

She should be ashamed of herself.

I wonder what ended up happening with that lady because other posters got their irons from her a while back with no problem?

I wonder if she messed up her relationship with the manufacturer but is still taking people's money?:nono:

:perplexed @ her telling you to open a dispute with your credit card. What kind of bull is that? She sounds like a definite scam to me for real. Yeah right @ her only getting 2 Runways for days when other sellers manage to get many. I'd let other people know about this before it gets out of hand. I hope that you're able to get your refund girl. I've been there before with a company that sells cell phones, so I feel you. :yep:

Thanks girl, I am so mad. I told her to cancel my order and refund me my money. She said she can't because she already paid the manufucaturer so it is their job to refund my money. But I shouldn't contact them, only her. I just hope my credit card company can figure this out. It is actually really simple so I hope they resolve it fast.

I wonder what ended up happening with that lady because other posters got their irons from her a while back with no problem?

I wonder if she messed up her relationship with the manufacturer but is still taking people's money?:nono:

You know what I thought was really interesting? I thought I was the first to make the purchase and after I started the thread, many others purchased-so that should have meant that I should have been one of the first ones to receive it. She charged my credit card immediately on 8/20. It is 10/1 and I have recieved nothing.

I paid $165 for mine. I bought it used off EBAY. The seller used it once and decided to sell it. I bought it within 5 minutes of her posting it because I knew you vultures would have beat me to it...lol

I love it too by the way. I have the platform also and there's a huge difference on how The Runway gets your hair straighter and lasts longer than the Platform. Best flat iron hands down.

^ Sounds like a Ponzi scheme.

I agree. However, my cc company has already issued a temporary credit for the amount until the finish the investigation. The rainbow in the storm is that I may have the opportunity to buy it for a little cheaper now, but I am so scared!

Thanks girl, I am so mad. I told her to cancel my order and refund me my money. She said she can't because she already paid the manufucaturer so it is their job to refund my money. But I shouldn't contact them, only her. I just hope my credit card company can figure this out. It is actually really simple so I hope they resolve it fast.

Hopefully you get this resolved soon, so that you can get it from a place like Folica.com or another reputable company. :yep:

Don't be scared! Just buy it from a well established company!

ITA! :yep:

I ordered my Runway back in June from her and received very good customer service as opposed to thebeautyplace.com (check out the link in my siggy). And earlier this month I decided to order a FHI blow dryer from her and Here it is almost a month later and no blow dryer. I called her a few times and she said that the Runways are out of stock from the manufacture so the shipment they were waiting on is being held up because of that. I will be calling her tomorrow and if they haven't received the shipment I will be asking for a refund and/or filing a dispute with my bank.

TDWILLIS Did you file your dispute yet?

If I get one.. I'm definitely getting it from Folica. They have 30 day returns with no associated foolishness. A $250 flat iron that never arrives will get :arguing: and :boxing:!!!!!!!! That's exactly why I never use my debit card... all banks/CU's are real shady when it's your money... not so much when its theirs...

If I get one.. I'm definitely getting it from Folica. They have 30 day returns with no associated foolishness. A $250 flat iron that never arrives will get :arguing: and :boxing:!!!!!!!! That's exactly why I never use my debit card... all banks/CU's are real shady when it's your money... not so much when its theirs...

Speaking of this, after my experience today I am scared to use my debit card. Thank goodness I have fraud protection on, I used my "hair" debit card today which I haven't used in a looooooong time. And tell me why I get a call after I leave the store if I made an 1500 dollar purchase? I was like WTH???????:perplexed It got cleared up though thankfully.

Speaking of this, after my experience today I am scared to use my debit card. Thank goodness I have fraud protection on, I used my "hair" debit card today which I haven't used in a looooooong time. And tell me why I get a call after I leave the store if I made an 1500 dollar purchase? I was like WTH???????:perplexed It got cleared up though thankfully.

Oh hellz no.. I never use my debit card for anything!!! Anything other than to withdraw money.. not at the gas station and most definitely not online. I use my CC's and then just pay them in full at the end of the month. I had an fraudulent online purchase lock up my whole life when I first graduated from undergrad. Never again. It is one thing to be in dispute with some credit; another with my "real" money.

Good that it got cleared up. They have all kind of fraud indicators based on your shopping habits and triggers now that stop a lot of crazy stuff from going through.

Chameleonchick,
I added my pics to my original post from last night.

Thanks for posting them. It came out nice on 10+ months post hair too, thats good. I called a salon and asked what flatirons they use and they said FHI and she told me that she uses the Runway on Natural hair and it gets straight in one pass, thats awesome.

Ok. I am back to add my pics. I am not great at taking them myself.

Here is my hair freshly washed, not manipulated and showing shrinkage:

freshwash.jpg

This is my hair after flat ironing last night:

flatiron.jpg

This is my hair after working all day today. The curls have dropped some.:

drophair.jpg

I just wanted to say that it gets my hair way straighter than my Solia. My hair did not revert in the shower this morning, which is what usually happens. The flat iron maintained the same heat the whole time I used it. My hair smells like my conditioner this morning and not burnt like it normally does with my Solia. My hair still has tons of body and movement.
Only complaints so far is the white plates turned slightly orange even though I wiped after every 3rd section. Also it doesn't glide down the hair smoothly IMO but I only needed one pass which has never happened when using the Solia or Maxiglide at the same temp.

Thanks for the update with pics. Your hair looks great girl. I can't wait until I get my Runway. I have a Sedu and I love the smooth plates that glide down nicely, but I still feel like I could get my hair straighter. Hopefully I get those results with the Runway. :yep:

Thanks for posting them. It came out nice on 10+ months post hair too, thats good. I called a salon and asked what flatirons they use and they said FHI and she told me that she uses the Runway on Natural hair and it gets straight in one pass, thats awesome.

It definitely got straight in one pass. I did some areas twice to flip my hair, it felt like a sin. I usually have to do 2 to 3 passes with my Soila and it reverted while flat ironing or a day later.

Last edited:
I ordered my Runway back in June from her and received very good customer service as opposed to thebeautyplace.com (check out the link in my siggy). And earlier this month I decided to order a FHI blow dryer from her and Here it is almost a month later and no blow dryer. I called her a few times and she said that the Runways are out of stock from the manufacture so the shipment they were waiting on is being held up because of that. I will be calling her tomorrow and if they haven't received the shipment I will be asking for a refund and/or filing a dispute with my bank.

TDWILLIS Did you file your dispute yet?

I sure did. I filed it as soon as see gave me a tracking number that was not found. I think she made it up honestly. Then today I called to make sure that they were aware of my dispute. They issued a temporary credit and said that the issue should be resolved within the next thirty days at most. If they find in my favor (I can't imagine that they wouldn't), then the credit stays in place.
In hindsight, nothing takes a month to ship. I should have filed that dispute a long time ago instead of listening to her excuses. She will always tell you next week or by next Friday. I would say to file your dispute immediately.

I sure did. I filed it as soon as see gave me a tracking number that was not found. I think she made it up honestly. Then today I called to make sure that they were aware of my dispute. They issued a temporary credit and said that the issue should be resolved within the next thirty days at most. If they find in my favor (I can't imagine that they wouldn't), then the credit stays in place.
In hindsight, nothing takes a month to ship. I should have filed that dispute a long time ago instead of listening to her excuses. She will always tell you next week or by next Friday. I would say to file your dispute immediately.

That's exactly what I'm about to do AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Back