Where can I find Asante Oil?

luvlonghair said:
I'm glad I was able to help. The way you were talking about this product intrigued me to want to buy it also. I guess that's the PJ in me:lol: . Let me know how it goes tomorrow and I'll do the same.:grin:

I'm excited right with you girl:bouncy:

Great work uncovering the secret! :sekret:

Crlsweetie912 and Nikki1971,

I'm glad I could help. I can't wait to order today also.:grin: :grin: :grin:

O.k., now my question is how do I use this oil. Do I apply it before rollersetting or after the hair is dry and before blowing out?:confused:

Sorry, but like I mentioned before, I never seen or used this product and don't know how or how much to use.:ohwell: :D

luvlonghair said:
Crlsweetie912 and Nikki1971,

I'm glad I could help. I can't wait to order today also.:grin: :grin: :grin:

O.k., now my question is how do I use this oil. Do I apply it before rollersetting or after the hair is dry and before blowing out?:confused:

Sorry, but like I mentioned before, I never seen or used this product and don't know how or how much to use.:ohwell: :D

When I do my own hair or when my stylist does it she/I put a little oil or serum on my hair before blowing out or styling. I find that if I apply oil to my hair when rollersetting (with exception of the ends only) my set is weighed down. HTH

O.k., I need for everyone to hold off for a minute.

I had called Kenneth from Asante Products to purchase some oil and he said for me to send him a check, WTH!:eek: :confused: :perplexed :look: :ohwell: I thought that we would be able to do a debit/credit card transaction.

I informed him that there are a lot of ladies on this forum and they would not like this form of payment because it would take longer for him to deposit, wait for it to post then ship.

I informed him about paypal and that this would be a smarter way to go. He said that he'll look into it and he'll get back to me.

Well, he has called me back and told me that he is signing up for paypal:D :grin:, I'm glad I thought quickly to explain to him how paypal works, he was definitely going to be a gonner. I would have waited for http://www.ibeautyny.com to start selling it.

Kenneth said that he'll call me back when everything is set up. I really do apologize for the delay. I should of asked all of this yesterday.:(

Last edited:
luvlonghair said:
O.k., I need for everyone to hold off for a minute.

I had called Kenneth from Asante Products to purchase some oil and he said for me to send him a check, WTH!:eek: :confused: :perplexed :look: :ohwell: I thought that we would be able to do a debit/credit card transaction.

I informed him that that a lot of ladies on this forum would not like this form of payment because it would take longer for him to deposit, wait for it to post then ship.

I informed him about paypal and that this would be a smarter way to go. He said that he'll look into it and he'll get back to me.

Well, he has called me back and told me that he is signing up for paypal:D :grin:, I'm glad I thought quick in to explaining how paypal works, he was definitely going to be a gonner. I would have waited for http://www.ibeautyny.com to start selling it.

Kenneth said that he'll call me back whenever everything is set up. I really do apologize for the delay. I should of asked all of this yesterday.:(

Thanks for letting us know. I am glad you sugggested Paypal to him. I definitely don't like sending vendors checks when I order products.

nikki1971 said:
Thanks for letting us know. I am glad you sugggested Paypal to him. I definitely don't like sending vendors checks when I order products.

Me neither, I thought he was up with the times, but I guess not:ohwell: . At least he listened and now is trying to set up paypal for us:D

I also called ibeautyny.com back and gave the guy the info for this company so that they can sell it too.:D

O.k. ladies this is what happened.

I was able to convince Kenneth to get paypal so we can all purchase the asante oil.

He finally got back to me and told me his email address to use in paypal. Everything went o.k., but I still felt a little funny using him because he doesn't have a website or anything.

I sent him $26.60. $21.50 for a 16oz bottle and $5.10 for shipping. I sent him the money on 10/5 and he shipped it on 10/9 and I received in on 10/10. The transaction went very smooth without any problems.

For you ladies who would like to purchase a bottle, you can contact Kenneth at 757-850-2935. Tell him Lisa had referred you and that you would like to purchase a bottle. He has the following sizes 2oz, 8oz, and 160z. I don't know the price of the 2oz, but the 8oz is $11.50 with the 16oz being $21.50. Shipping depends where he's shipping it to. He uses FedEx.

If you call and he's not there, just leave a message, he'll call you back. His email address is [email protected].

I never heard or even seen this stuff before so please let me know if this is the correct bottle. It smells kind of like baby powder. This is the bottle I received 2 days ago:

http://images19.fotki.com/v353/free/12352/1/169758/4059552/20061012_IMG_0002-vi.jpg?1160693730

luvlonghair said:
O.k. ladies this is what happened.

I was able to convince Kenneth to get paypal so we can all purchase the asante oil.

He finally got back to me and told me his email address to use in paypal. Everything went o.k., but I still felt a little funny using him because he doesn't have a website or anything.

I sent him $26.60. $21.50 for a 16oz bottle and $5.10 for shipping. I sent him the money on 10/5 and he shipped it on 10/9 and I received in on 10/10. The transaction went very smooth without any problems.

For you ladies who would like to purchase a bottle, you can contact Kenneth at 757-850-2935. Tell him Lisa had referred you and that you would like to purchase a bottle. He has the following sizes 2oz, 8oz, and 160z. I don't know the price of the 2oz, but the 8oz is $11.50 with the 16oz being $21.50. Shipping depends where he's shipping it to. He uses FedEx.

If you call and he's not there, just leave a message, he'll call you back. His email address is [email protected].

I never heard or even seen this stuff before so please let me know if this is the correct bottle. It smells kind of like baby powder. This is the bottle I received 2 days ago:

http://images19.fotki.com/v353/free/12352/1/169758/4059552/20061012_IMG_0002-vi.jpg?1160693730

Yep, that's it!!!!

crlsweetie912 said:
WOW, that's a HUGE bottle. It would last forever! Have you used it yet lovelonghair?

:lol: I know it's a big bottle. I'm hoping that it would last me while. I'm praying that ibeautyny.com or sickbay.biz sells it before I run out.

Yes I have used it and do like this oil. It doesn't weigh down the hair (it's extremely light) and I like the fragrance of it. My daughter loves it also. I'm keeping it on lock before she drains it dry.:lol:

On the bottle it states that it's for "Conditioning, Curling, Pressing & Hot Oil Treatments" and it's also for Skin, Scalp and Other Hair Services.

Ingredients: Oils of plants, and fruits, plus Vitamin E & Jojoba Oil.

Last edited:
Ladies, ya'll got me fired up to buy this product but i can't see the picture. For those of you who have already used this, is it really worth it?

It's definitely worth it. I am not big on oils because of them weighing down my hair. This never does! Go on and get it girl, you know you want to! :lol:

God's Anointed said:
Ladies, ya'll got me fired up to buy this product but i can't see the picture. For those of you who have already used this, is it really worth it?

God's Anointed, this picture is also in my fotki album for 2006. You can view it there.:D

imani97 said:
It's definitely worth it. I am not big on oils because of them weighing down my hair. This never does! Go on and get it girl, you know you want to! :lol:

Imani97, the picture in your avatar is awesome!!!!!:grin:

Thanks A LOT!!! I am in love with this oil everytime I go out of town I purchase it from the salons and it is expensive!!! I am happy to know that I can get a big bottle for such a good price.

sunkissedbronze said:
Thanks A LOT!!! I am in love with this oil everytime I go out of town I purchase it from the salons and it is expensive!!! I am happy to know that I can get a big bottle for such a good price.

Glad I was able to help. I'm really falling in love with this stuff:grin:

I received my oil in the mail. I really like it :grin: I love the smell and it is really light. Thanks luvlonghair.

nikki1971 said:
I received my oil in the mail. I really like it :grin: I love the smell and it is really light. Thanks luvlonghair.

You're very welcome. I got my blow out on Thursday and have been using this oil every night before bed. My hair is still full of body and bounce. I'm truely addicted now. I don't think I'll use another oil on my hair again. I'll probably buy another bottle for the shop. I'll be using this on my clients, but I'll be d**n if I use "my" bottle.:lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:
luvlonghair said:
I'm glad I was able to help. The way you were talking about this product intrigued me to want to buy it also. I guess that's the PJ in me:lol: . Let me know how it goes tomorrow and I'll do the same.:grin:

I'm excited right with you girl:bouncy:
Ok, you are my PJ Hair Hero. That's awsome. I'm calling him now!!!!!

luvlonghair said:
O.k. ladies, great news!!!!!!:D

I finally got a call from Kenneth who works for Asante Products. He has informed me that everyone can order directly from him (the company).

You can give Kenneth a call at 757-850-2935. Let him know that Lisa from the hair forum had referred you. I didn't give him the name of this site, I just said hair forum.

Also, he told me that an 8 oz. bottle costs $11 or $11.50 and their shipping varies by the state the product has will be shipped to:confused: I'm not sure what shipping methods they use but just make sure that you ask all of the questions before ordering. He also said that they usually ship next day, but it depends on their volume.

I was on the road when I got this call, but I plan on ordering tomorrow or by this Friday.:grin: :grin: :grin:
I know the original post about the Asante oil was back in Spetember. However, has anyone purchased from this guy lately. I called him and have not heard back from him yet. I really want to purchase the product. Can I get it anywhere else?

tnorenberg said:
I know the original post about the Asante oil was back in Spetember. However, has anyone purchased from this guy lately. I called him and have not heard back from him yet. I really want to purchase the product. Can I get it anywhere else?

I ordered from him recently. I received my oil in 2 days. I e-mailed him and placed my order though and I payed him through paypal. I have never seen this oil sold in my area, not even at the Dominican salons.

tnorenberg said:

Tnorenberg, when did you call him? He may be out of town. I have his cell phone number. I'll give him a call for you.

PM for name so that I can reference you in the call.

Back