When will peolple keep their comments ...

NYRICAN1

to themselves!!!??
I needed to vent so I figured I'd post this. first my coworker who just happens to be a friend keeps asking me when I am going to get my hair retouched ( I am 10 weeks postrelaxer and Im planning on going to 12 weeks):mad: then when I come home my mother is like what are you doing to your hair its going to get dry and fall off . Im like I am stretching for 2 more weeks I would go for more but I am going to the Mary J Blige concert with my DH and I want to have my hair swinging for that night:D . But I dont understand if I dont have my hair out and straight to them my hair is not done wth!! anywho I am now contemplating whether I should relax now or not! but I am just pissed because I am letting this get to me.. sheesh Im just trying to have healthier hair

Peoples stank comments are NOT a reason to relax. You just do you ok? Go head and stretch out that relaxed if that's what you want to do. You will be so happy with yourself that you held out and waited like you wanted to for a special occassion.

Aw, girl, don't let 'em get to ya. Everybody's got something to say. You are doing the right thing. Stretching is a great way to reach your hair goals. As long as your hair is healthy and not breaking, go ahead and stretch. I know when I am approaching week 10 and beyond, I am doing a lot of bunning and slicking that new growth down with S-Curl and coconut oil. Hair does not always have to look "done." :look:

Just keep you eyes on the prize of your hair goals and not someone else perception of what your hair should look like. ;)

Stick with your plan. I have people at my job telling me that I shouldn't be washing(wetting) my hair everyday. "It's gonna get dry" or "Do you know how much damage you're doing to your hair?"

I'm tired of explaining about giving my hair a break from the heat or stretching my relaxer & that this style is not just a wash a go. There's a lot of steps in between before I get to the go part :grin:

And I wonder, these people offering "advice," what is the state of their hair? Like the others said, stick with your plan.

I was saying this in another thread: All the people that talked bad about my hair in the past are pretty much bald now. And all the people that still talk about my hair have very unhealthy hair.

You don't have to say anything to them. They do not even deserve your time. When someone tells you something rude like that, just say, "Thanks" and move on.

I can't stand negative Jezebelians!

anky said:
I was saying this in another thread: All the people that talked bad about my hair in the past are pretty much bald now. And all the people that still talk about my hair have very unhealthy hair.

You don't have to say anything to them. They do not even deserve your time. When someone tells you something rude like that, just say, "Thanks" and move on.

That's a good one Anky--Jezebelians :lol:

My theory is that people don't know about stretching relaxers. The hair dressers have 'em all fooled. They think if they see a bump of NG, it's time to relax. I was like that til I found this site. If they ask u anymore, tell 'em I'll relax when I'm ready to relax.;) U go girl, and keep yr eye on the prize.

anky said:
anky said:

That's what they get for messin' with a LHCFer! :naughty: :lachen:

Back