when u strech your relaxer do you notice...?

LadyCee

When you ladies do your long streches did you notice that your ends looked somewhat shorter(idk if thats the right way to explain it) b/c of that fact that your scalp or roots(NG) were so thick (nappI?) due to the amount of time without a relaxer or is it just me lol(I HOPE NOT)!!:cool:

Like does it look like your hair is shrinking or something?

my ends dont look to good:( i think i need a trim but wat else can i do other den moisturzing to improve its condition b4 my next relaxer which is in about 2 wekks?????

holler

when i was stretching my hair kept growing up like i think you are talking about. i went from apl to sl. it was weird.

after i relaxed though i was past apl. it was a pleasant surprise

yasjencon2 said:
when i was stretching my hair kept growing up like i think you are talking about. i went from apl to sl. it was weird.

after i relaxed though i was past apl. it was a pleasant surprise

it happened to me too: in March by hair was shorter than Januarys length: but when I relaxed in April: it appear my hair grow so many inches in just 1 month

Dont cut your ends. I have this problem when I stretch and during my last stretch I trimmed my ends because I thought the same thing:mad:
My hair looks really short and my ends dont ever look like they do when I first relax unless I rollerset. Trust me its just an illusion:D DONT CUT!!! Wait till you relax

bablou00 said:
Dont cut your ends. I have this problem when I stretch and during my last stretch I trimmed my ends because I thought the same thing:mad:
My hair looks really short and my ends dont ever look like they do when I first relax unless I rollerset. Trust me its just an illusion:D DONT CUT!!! Wait till you relax

I agree. All that NG just changes the look of your hair. Don't cut it yet!:)

THNX GUYS...I can honestly say that I LOVE YALL...u guys give such good support i cant even explain it....THNX SO MUCH...i wont cut till relaxer...lol

ne more response beautiful ladies

myztiquecleo said:
When you ladies do your long streches did you notice that your ends looked somewhat shorter(idk if thats the right way to explain it) b/c of that fact that your scalp or roots(NG) were so thick (nappI?) due to the amount of time without a relaxer or is it just me lol(I HOPE NOT)!!:cool:

my ends dont look to good:( i think i need a trim but wat else can i do other den moisturzing to improve its condition b4 my next relaxer which is in about 2 wekks?????

holler

Yeah... that's probably bc of shrinkage. I'd say wait until after you relax to get a trim. You may not really need one.

Thank you so much for this thread. This is my first stretch and I thought my hair was actually getting shorter. I read this just in time because I am relaxing in about 2 hours and I was going to just cut it.

I'm 16 weeks post
I also noticed my hair
was growing upwards
but I never considered
trimming it. Do we ever
really "need" a trim?
Isn't that one of those
"Hair Myths" I learned
from a Dominican stylists
that when you notice your
ends getting bad you just need
to get more "treatments"
ie: deep condition & moisturize more

I'll be damned if I go 6 months
without a relaxer, wearing buns
everyday to have some scissor
happy stylist "trim" off all my progress :D

Oh it's definitely MAJOR shrinkage kicking in. I've been transitioning for 7 months now and it looks like my hair is growing backwards unless I use heat tools...airdrying is very discouraging.

Yep, I'm on my first long stretch and since I don't have the greatest flat iron my roots don't get straight at all (I have about 2" of new growth). My almost midback hair looks just past APL right now. And my ends are all uneven. :ohwell:
I know it's just the new growth pulling the hair up though. And it will be fun to see my length after my touch-up. :yep:

SouthernTease said:
I'm 16 weeks post
I also noticed my hair
was growing upwards
but I never considered
trimming it. Do we ever
really "need" a trim?
Isn't that one of those
"Hair Myths" I learned
from a Dominican stylists
that when you notice your
ends getting bad you just need
to get more "treatments"
ie: deep condition & moisturize more

I'll be damned if I go 6 months
without a relaxer, wearing buns
everyday to have some scissor
happy stylist "trim" off all my progress :D

IMO trims are just for looks. I don't think you need them for health. I haven't trimmed my hair in about 2 years and my ends are fine. I was able to nurse them back to health especially with baggying.
There is a girl from another hair board who's ends havent been trimmed in 1 year and they are perfect. She baggies all the time and is careful with her ends. So I agree with the whole "get them treated before you cut them" idea.

I noticed the shrinking thing. I'm 13 weeks post and I'm getting a touch-up in a week. I will keep all of my length, and if I think I need a trim I will do it myself.

bablou, you look stunning in your siggy pic, wearing black and white!
thanks for posting the old thread w/sistaslick's explanation, it cleared it up, 'cause i am going thru the same exact thing! i am SL right now but i am actually passed APL...:perplexed nobody can say that chile does know her stuff...;)

Whooo, I thought it was just me.. I look at my ends as well as be like damn my ends are dry and freak out b/c I have worked so hard, so I baggy & seal... Not thinking it could be b/c I'm stretching, I do notice that after I relax and upto 5wks my ends look great...

Great thread and the ladies on this board are the bomb :notworthy

It s just the shrinkage I believe don
't worry about it when you are stretching, just make sure you baby your ends.

Ohhhh thank you LadyEsquire!!!
Im getting close to APL but could not tell because my hair shrinks up so much. I like to read old threads and I came across this one. Sistaslick is on point w/ everything. My ends are crazy looking too so I just make a bun and go on w/ my day if I didnt rollerset.

LadyEsquire said:
bablou, you look stunning in your siggy pic, wearing black and white!
thanks for posting the old thread w/sistaslick's explanation, it cleared it up, 'cause i am going thru the same exact thing! i am SL right now but i am actually passed APL...:perplexed nobody can say that chile does know her stuff...;)

myztiquecleo said:

holler

Wow, I'm glad it wasn't just me. Before my last relaxer, it looked like my ends were all different lengths and not healthy. Afterwards, things looked fabulous. I also attribute this to user better products for my hair for the past month. I finally found what works, HALLELUJAH! :D

I can totally relate to this...I thought that I was going to need a serious trim b/c the nape area had broke off or something. I guess b/c the different textures some areas shrink up more than others.

Moral of the story....don't trim till after you relax :-)

I am going through the same thing right now. I am currently 8 weeks post, but feels more like 10-12 because of BT. I washed and airdried my hair last night and it definitely looked a few inches shorter. BT is no joke. I just hope i can make it to 12 weeks.

Wow, this thread came right on time for me! I washed my hair this weekend in anticipation of the HYH reveal, and after airdrying, my hair looked really short, I was feeling very discouraged! I guess being almost 10 months post could do that :lol: . I think I will break down and use a little heat tonight before I take my pics. Thanks!

:cry3:I wish I would have read this message before I got a trim this past weekend. Good thing is, I was gonna trim at my next relaxer anyway. I knew I needed a trim, but now, more was prob trimmed than actually needed. :ohwell:

i'm so glad i read this post because i am about 8 weeks post and my hair is doing the same thing and my ends look horrible and yesterday i went to the bss to buy some scissors to trim my ends.

so, i should wait to trim my ends only after a relaxer?

I was also thinking I was going to have to trim at least 1/2 an inch towards the last days of my stretch but I didn't and after I relaxed my ends look normal again. I could probably use a light trim just to keep things even but I'm going to stick with my plan to not trim until November. Once a year. Also after I relaxed my hair is a little beyond APL now. I did a rollerset this weekend (I get the itch to wash the day or two after a relaxer because it's so flat) So I just left the curls in for some body. It's so crazy what shrinkage will do, even to relaxed heads. But I kinda like that foolery, then you get a nice pleasant surprise at touch-ups, even if you wear it out most of the time.

Back