WHEN U HAVE TWISTS

keiron

OK i got a question for anyone who wears twists well when u have em in for like 2 weeks etc yr scalp tends to get real dry and flaky what do u think i can do to oil my scalp without gettin the twists messy? i spray every other day some better locks almond oil thats nice but it sits on my hair and not on my scalp.

need suggestions
trampoline.gif

thanks

well have u tried moisturisin them with plain ole water?? wen my scalp gets dry i normaly just spritz some water on it and it gets better

hth

All I say is that you may have to wash your hair more often. I used to keep my twists in for two weeks at a time and that gave me dandruff. Even with rinsing! Now, I never keep twists in for more than a week. Minimize the amount of products that you use. I know that oiling your scalp daily isn't going to make flakes go away. You have to bring your scalp back to its natural moisture balance before pouring lots of oil/products on it...it just makes it worse.

You seem to be posting alot about FLAKES. Have you tried doing a hot oil treatment yet? I did it and it took care of my flake problem. It balanced my scalp moisture..I don't oil my scalp anymore. Now with the hot oil, you're probably not going to see results right away. You may have to do it once a week for a month in order to see results, at least that was for me. Anyway, my scalp is breathing and is healthy because of that...

I think that the fact you wash your hair every two weeks is not helping. I am constantly wearing twists until sept maybe oct and i wash my hair every three days and re twist every night, and so far i have experienced no problems.

lol i cant be washing my hair and doing it each 3 nights hell naw iam a guy and i work its not gonna happen, lol when i used to wear cornrows i never had it but now i get it after 2 weeks etc which i quess is normal but ugh ill mist my scalp with water when it feels dry and itchy.

thanks all.

Keiron,

I am now wearing 2-strand twists and I oil my scalp often but I use a squeeze bottle - you can get them from the beauty supply for about .99 cents. With the squeeze bottle you can target your scalp as opposed to your hair.

bottles.jpg

Nina

That a really good tip, one ive just found out myself as i still had the bottle left over from the profectivs phase oil so i put some olive oil and clove oil by Africas Best and have been doing the same thing.

Back