WHEN NONE OF THE HAIR BREAKAGE TREATMENT WORKS... WHAT'S NEXT?

This thread is really on time, cause even vets like myself need to take it back to the basics sometimes. Since the consenus is obviously moisture, moisture, moisture can we talk about the proper way to incorporate protein?

Can you guys recommend protein treats that give stregnth and elasticity? Hardcore and light.

This thread is really on time, cause even vets like myself need to take it back to the basics sometimes. Since the consenus is obviously moisture, moisture, moisture can we talk about the proper way to incorporate protein?
Can you guys recommend protein treats that give stregnth and elasticity? Hardcore and light.

I think that the best way to incorporate protein is to do mild-medium treatments as needed. I don't wait until my feels too squishy from over moisturization, I like to do my protein treatment right before I get to that point. I wash my hair twice a week so for me, protein every 2 weeks works well. My hair looked really nice when I did light protein everyweek for a couple of minutes too.

For strength and elasticity, proteins like silk protein, wheat protein, marine protein and some collagen proteins work well. Silk and wheat tend to be nice and mild for me and give me the little boost I need.

When I use protein once a week, I usually slap it on while I am in the shower and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then follow with 20 minutes of moisture.

Here are some Mild-Medium proteins that I like and some that other people here like as well

Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Smooth and Shine silk fusion reconstructor
ORS replenishing pack
Aubrey Organics GPB
Motions CPR
Elasta qp breakage control serum
Aphogee Green Tea reconstructor
Ion Reconstructor
Proclaim Tea Tree reconstructor
Mizani Fulfy conditioner

i'm with kini..my hair breaks significantly less since joining the board but it still breaks a little. Where there used to be like 45 hairs on the bathroom floor and in the sink..now there are like 6. So i don't even trip.

Not sure how much breakage your experincing..but big up to sista slick for her great advice.

I think that the best way to incorporate protein is to do mild-medium treatments as needed. I don't wait until my feels too squishy from over moisturization, I like to do my protein treatment right before I get to that point. I wash my hair twice a week so for me, protein every 2 weeks works well. My hair looked really nice when I did light protein everyweek for a couple of minutes too.

For strength and elasticity, proteins like silk protein, wheat protein, marine protein and some collagen proteins work well. Silk and wheat tend to be nice and mild for me and give me the little boost I need.

When I use protein once a week, I usually slap it on while I am in the shower and let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then follow with 20 minutes of moisture.

Here are some Mild-Medium proteins that I like and some that other people here like as well

Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Smooth and Shine silk fusion reconstructor
ORS replenishing pack
Aubrey Organics GPB
Motions CPR
Elasta qp breakage control serum
Aphogee Green Tea reconstructor
Ion Reconstructor
Proclaim Tea Tree reconstructor
Mizani Fulfy conditioner

Thanks so much! I had it down a year ago, but with changing trends i.e. conditioner washes, oil rinses and such, I just got downright confused. Especially since my hair is very coarse and the feel of it can be misleading. Meaning it can be very well moisturized but not exactly soft. Lately I've been guaging what it needs my doing a snap test on my strands cause that's really the only way I can tell what it needs. But then it's like hard core or light? Weekly, biweekly, or monthly? :drunk: *Sighs* decisions, decisions.

Thanks so much! I had it down a year ago, but with changing trends i.e. conditioner washes, oil rinses and such, I just got downright confused. Especially since my hair is very coarse and the feel of it can be misleading. Meaning it can be very well moisturized but not exactly soft. Lately I've been guaging what it needs my doing a snap test on my strands cause that's really the only way I can tell what it needs. But then it's like hard core or light? Weekly, biweekly, or monthly? :drunk: *Sighs* decisions, decisions.

I think if you use mild-medium protein often...you probably won't have to use a hardcore protein. I use hardcore every once and a while 2 weeks after a relaxer. I don't do that much any more though.

=====
Good question, I think most ladies are doing some type of protein every 2 weeks... I think I will do moisture over the next 3 weeks and then do a protein treatement or use the Joico K Pac poo, conditoner and hopefully that should take care of my protein needs.... I do not want to go back into protein over load again...

I feel that everytime I see any type of breakage it is signaling to me that my ends need some recovery time from whatever they are going through. I had this for about 1 week in this cold season, so I stopped with manipulation and sealed more and pin curled my hair with the ends hidden every night and if I need to take my hair out the next day I unpin, finger comb and then style with those ends hidden throughout the day. I would do the moisturizing and sealing every other night

Awesome thread..lots to think about! I am natural, been natural for about 6 years and my hair is still breaking! I havent got passed jaw length yet! I know it is fine, and I definitely know it is dry! It is soooooo fustrating! I do find that products seem to lose their effectiveness on my hair quite quickly! I have tried Aveda, and think it was positive but nothing wow! Same with Mizani night and day moisturisers. I stopped buying it when money got tight! I live in the UK so I cannot get Kendra products, but I think Redken are available so will have a look at them! I know i have given them a go before! I have tried a lot of thing over the years!

I would love to find that one product that has me running around the house screaming with job! LOL

Please come back with updates and products

Thank you loads

Susanna

Back