When is it too soon or too late...

MrsMe

...to buy your wedding dress? I think I know what I want to buy but I have yet to try any dress on because I wanted to share that experience with my mom who has been sick for the last two months. She's going back to France and won't come back until December, but I'm afraid this might be too close to the wedding in June.
The thought of going dress shopping without her saddens me but I don't want to risk it either.
How long did it take you to get your dress? Have any of you done it without your moms around?

MrsS it really all depends on the designer of the dress. You might be in luck and find it as a "sample" and you could buy it off rack. If it's a designer who is in HIGH demand your dress order could take months.

First thing I would do is find out if your dress is available and where. You should also be able to find out how long it will take from the designer, then you can really plan.

You could always Skype from your laptop at the Bridal Salon if your mom is not able to attend.

Yes depends on designer and how detailed it is ie if it has heavy beading etc.
I'm wearing an Eve of Milady dress that will take 9 months to get in.

Thanks FriscoGirl. I didn't think about Skype. :yep:

Yes depends on designer and how detailed it is ie if it has heavy beading etc.
I'm wearing an Eve of Milady dress that will take 9 months to get in.

Wow! That's a long time. Off to find out how long it would take to get the dress I'm interested in.

Sent from my PG86100

Back