When In Doubt..Use Pantene!

lilamae

This may not work for everyone..but it certainly works wonders for me. My hair has been acting upfor the past 2 weeks. Dry as a bucket of sand. I tried coconut oil, DC'd with Redken Butter treat one day, then tried Aveda DR another day, then Clarifyed and tried AO Honey Suckle rose..still my hair was just not budging:nono:

Mind you, prior to coming to the forum I was a faithful Pantene user of 8 years. Not the R & N line but the regular stuff in the white bottles. It has ALWAYS worked absolute wonders for my hair:yep:. The Detangler is kicking Lacio Lacio's a$$:hardslap:The moisterizing conditioner is one up on Tressemme, AO honey suckle rose:look:, NTM and a host of others.

I mean don't get me wrong i have gotten some good recomendations from LHCF about products such as Humecto, CHI, Joico and Kenra. But to tell y'all the truth Pantene for me stands above 98% of the stuff in my cabinet.

The R & N breakage defense mask that everyone here raves about has nearly the same ingridients as the mask for non-African american hair and to tell you the truth, I like that one better.

I kinda feel like a man who has a good woman at home but I keep looking to see whats else is out there. I think i gonna stay at home and make up with my baby Pan-Tizzy:needhug:

LMAO@ Pan-Tizzy! :lachen::lachen:

If you found a good thing, stick with it! I might have to dabble in that detangler:look:

GYM I'm tellin you...try it! you will not be disappointed. You can even ask Allandra the LHCF OG. ( PS: it's on sale at Rite Aid 2 for $7)

I will not be purchasing any other detangler..period.

GYM I'm tellin you...try it! you will not be disappointed. You can even ask Allandra the LHCF OG. ( PS: it's on sale at Rite Aid 2 for $7)

I will not be purchasing any other detangler..period.

Rite Aid you say......there is one on the way home. Don't do this to me Lilamae...you know I have NO self control.:lachen:

Lilamae - I didn't know Pantene had a detangler. I'm such a fan of Paul Mitchell's detangler but that can be costly. The last part of your post was so funny but so true :lachen:.

Thanks for the info...gonna have to try this.

:grin:
This may not work for everyone..but it certainly works wonders for me. My hair has been acting upfor the past 2 weeks. Dry as a bucket of sand. I tried coconut oil, DC'd with Redken Butter treat one day, then tried Aveda DR another day, then Clarifyed and tried AO Honey Suckle rose..still my hair was just not budging:nono:

Mind you, prior to coming to the forum I was a faithful Pantene user of 8 years. Not the R & N line but the regular stuff in the white bottles. It has ALWAYS worked absolute wonders for my hair:yep:. The Detangler is kicking Lacio Lacio's a$$:hardslap:The moisterizing conditioner is one up on Tressemme, AO honey suckle rose:look:, NTM and a host of others.

I mean don't get me wrong i have gotten some good recomendations from LHCF about products such as Humecto, CHI, Joico and Kenra. But to tell y'all the truth Pantene for me stands above 98% of the stuff in my cabinet.

The R & N breakage defense mask that everyone here raves about has nearly the same ingridients as the mask for non-African american hair and to tell you the truth, I like that one better.

I kinda feel like a man who has a good woman at home but I keep looking to see whats else is out there. I think i gonna stay at home and make up with my baby Pan-Tizzy:needhug:

Gee whiz...you musta saw me buying R&N today :grin:... I was a fan of the original Pantene brand back in high school, got hooked on the smell.....tried the R&N and didnt like it at all and started using who knows what.... I bought my daughter the R&N today, I am going to take that back and stick with the original :grin:...thank you for setting off that light bulb! muah!

Also, I noticed you in the Bay, My family lives in San Jose! I hated San Jose but I loved Oakland (use to hit the highway to get my brows done, little Asian shop)...something about it reminded me of Atlanta. I drove to Cali from the A...cried and drove back home. If I had a choice O-town would be where I woud live my folks dont know what they are missing!! Happy Hair Growing!

Well, this post is right on time......again! I bought the R/N Mask when Gym was raving about it a little while ago. And just today I had decided that I've got to crawl to it and save the little bit of hair left on my head!!!:lachen: I did a henna treatment last weekend, and (like a dummy! slept in the conditioner). I've NEVER done that before, and now I know why. I've had so much breakage this week, I didn't even want to comb my hair. I finally got the nerve to touch it again, and right before I did, thinking about what I was going to use, I see this thread! Thanks, Lilamae! I'm DCing right now, and I just know next week will be much better than this one.

I need to see pictures of the products you use. I went to walmart and they have a lot of products that you described with different "sub headings".

Also, I noticed you in the Bay, My family lives in San Jose! I hated San Jose but I loved Oakland (use to hit the highway to get my brows done, little Asian shop)...something about it reminded me of Atlanta. I drove to Cali from the A...cried and drove back home. If I had a choice O-town would be where I woud live my folks dont know what they are missing!! Happy Hair Growing!

Funny cuz I lived in ATL for like 2 months and I freakin loved it. Reminded me of a larger Oakland with more educated black folks. I will buy a summer home there in a couple of years:yep:. My lil sis is there now.

Thanks.
Checked out your album. Your hair looks great! Your twin nieces are pretty! Your friends hair looks great also.

Thanks.
Checked out your album. Your hair looks great! Your twin nieces are pretty! Your friends hair looks great also.

thanks sugar plum!:kiss: My little nieces are now lurkers on this site.

my hair is really trippin right now though:nono:. tryin to baby it and show it some love:yep:.

Pan-Tizzy:rofl3: I'm glad you've found your staples. I'm not quite done with this pj business so I have no such loyalty except to Lacio Lacio and I think I heard you talking bad about my baby:tantrum:

:shhh: I don't want everyone to buy Pantene!!! I've used Pantene since 04. I raved about the REGULAR Pantene(which is just like rn without the petrolatum) in my siggy for awhile and told some people about how great Pantene was, but no one listened. I think it was because I was newbie. Later on I said, "Who cares! More for me!!!" Don't take my Pantene people!!! :lol:

Pan-Tizzy:rofl3: I'm glad you've found your staples. I'm not quite done with this pj business so I have no such loyalty except to Lacio Lacio and I think I heard you talking bad about my baby:tantrum:

lol! My bad DR, no harm intended.

Check it out for yourself though;)

:shhh: I don't want everyone to buy Pantene!!! I've used Pantene since 04. I raved about the REGULAR Pantene(which is just like rn without the petrolatum) in my siggy for awhile and told some people about how great Pantene was, but no one listened. I think it was because I was newbie. Later on I said, "Who cares! More for me!!!" Don't take my Pantene people!!! :lol:

I know right, Pantene got an unjustified bad rap and was ignored and now people are getting up on it. But I think there is enough to go around:yep:

At least, I hope:look:.

lol! My bad DR, no harm intended.

Check it out for yourself though;)

LOL-just teasing. I actually tried the regular pantene breakage mask and loved it for a minute but my hair started shedding really badly. I stopped using it and no further problems. BUT, I too used the regular Pantene for years and had no problems so I'd definitely give those a try, especially for the smell and I want to see what the detangler has to offer.

Thanks Lilamae, I picked up my detangler today, woohoo!

Pantene and I had a little falling out back in the day.... but now we are doing better. I, too, love the R&N mask and the nourishing mask. The Essential Hydating rinse is the BEST.

Thanks GymFreak

I feel the same way about Pantene! Loves it! I've been using it for many years and no matter what I always go back to it and fall in love all over again.

Back