When he invites you on a vacation he should pay!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
or am I giving bad advice. I mean seriously he is giving her less than 2wks notice and she has to buy the ticket or thats what I'm guessing because he told her to meet her in Jamaica. Super side eye.

I would rather meet in Florida or something and fly together from there. Am I sabotaging her situation?

Did he ask her to go with him or ask would she travel to Jamaica? She can always say NO! She's in control, it's her decision....so yes you are giving bad advice.

or am I giving bad advice. I mean seriously he is giving her less than 2wks notice and she has to buy the ticket or thats what I'm guessing because he told her to meet her in Jamaica. Super side eye.

I would rather meet in Florida or something and fly together from there. Am I sabotaging her situation?

ITA. "Meet me in Jamaica"? :huh: Where they do that at? :perplexed

Now, if they aren't dating and are on the "just friends" tip, then that's another story...

I say no, you're NOT giving bad advice. If he invited her to Jamaica, the assumption is that HE is treating her and accompanying her down there from start to finish. This isn't Kosher to me at all. She needs to stay home, if she doesn't get more assurances from him.

lemme git dis hea one straight...

he told her to meet him down in Jamaica....so he xpectn her to up jump da boogie n be on da first thing smokin to meet him down der to do what? aren't they havin some kinda drug war or sumfin?

da hell kinda bu'shyt is dat....phuck naww i wouldn't meet him ...let his hell azzz go down n he can see her when he git back....

see, he tells her to jump and she askin how high...what a dumb azzz....

If we are together:

Boo: Babe, you want to meet me in JA? I got you a ticket leaving from JFK on 7/4 and Mobay on 7/11. Can you get the time off?

Me: Let me check with my calendar and work, but I should be able to.

Not a meet in me JA by next week, please <kissteeth>.

It can't be that serious if he only gave her two weeks "notice." But folks also got to be realistic. If he's a college student working at Burger King he probably doesn't have the resources to pay.

She could always ask " where are the reservations/tickets." Come on, she has a mind. She's not compelled to go. I think even if he could afford it, I would skip it due to the lack of advance planning.

"Meet me in Jamaica"- Yeah he expects for her to pay and it seems real last minute like someone else couldn't go.

If he told her awhile back that he was planning a trip and she expressed that she wanted to go then its up to them to decide who pays based on the nature of their relationship.

But I really don't like the last minute meet me in Jamaica. Awww hell no! If he wants her to go that bad he knows what he gotta do.

It can't be that serious if he only gave her two weeks "notice." But folks also got to be realistic. If he's a college student working at Burger King he probably doesn't have the resources to pay.

Oh, he's serious. Sounds like the person he was planning with shafted him, and now he needs someone to cover his hotel bill, etc. If he can't afford to pay, he shouldn't be inviting people, regardless of what he does.

I would never do that, what if he doesn't show up or something?? Then what? It sounds like he didn't put a lot into the planning of this, which says something about how he views her and the nature of their relationship... If he was really serious about her, I don't think he would expect her to just meet him in another country by herself.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, you aren't giving her bad advice. If he's inviting her on a vacation with him - esp. one that it sounds like she wasn't involved in the planning with - then, urrah, I expect to need to go shopping for swimsuits and sessy dresses, and that's IT. Not go shopping for a less than 14 day plane ticket to freaking JAMAICA!

And yeah, I'm with the PP that it might have been a vacation he planned with someone else (:look: - esp. if they are exclusive) and the other party dropped out, so he turned to his second choice.

Ew.

Yeah, I might just say no, period, on GP.

Did he ask her to go with him or ask would she travel to Jamaica? She can always say NO! She's in control, it's her decision....so yes you are giving bad advice.

He asked her, he told her in April he was going to plan a trip for them. To me that means you check the hotel, air, and rental rates. Then you decide if you can afford it. Then you check back with me and ask if those dates work. I confirm. You book. I bring get the hell out of here in an emergency credit card and spending money only. I pay for nothing. :look:

ITA. "Meet me in Jamaica"? :huh: Where they do that at? :perplexed

Now, if they aren't dating and are on the "just friends" tip, then that's another story...
He is courting her from another state. So I guess they are not dating but if you want to get to know me you need to be flying me to where you live b4 we go on vacation they have met in person 5xs but only for 2days at a time.

I say no, you're NOT giving bad advice. If he invited her to Jamaica, the assumption is that HE is treating her and accompanying her down there from start to finish. This isn't Kosher to me at all. She needs to stay home, if she doesn't get more assurances from him.

I don't get how she was supposed to get a ticket even if she was down to buy her own on such short notice.

lemme git dis hea one straight...

he told her to meet him down in Jamaica....so he xpectn her to up jump da boogie n be on da first thing smokin to meet him down der to do what? aren't they havin some kinda drug war or sumfin?

da hell kinda bu'shyt is dat....phuck naww i wouldn't meet him ...let his hell azzz go down n he can see her when he git back....

see, he tells her to jump and she askin how high...what a dumb azzz....
We are in complete agreement
If we are together:

Boo: Babe, you want to meet me in JA? I got you a ticket leaving from JFK on 7/4 and Mobay on 7/11. Can you get the time off?

Me: Let me check with my calendar and work, but I should be able to.

Not a meet in me JA by next week, please <kissteeth>.

zackly

She could always ask " where are the reservations/tickets." Come on, she has a mind. She's not compelled to go. I think even if he could afford it, I would skip it due to the lack of advance planning.

Pretty much. I'm down for last minute trips but this is some bull.

"Meet me in Jamaica"- Yeah he expects for her to pay and it seems real last minute like someone else couldn't go.

If he told her awhile back that he was planning a trip and she expressed that she wanted to go then its up to them to decide who pays based on the nature of their relationship.

But I really don't like the last minute meet me in Jamaica. Awww hell no! If he wants her to go that bad he knows what he gotta do.

:yep:

Oh, he's serious. Sounds like the person he was planning with shafted him, and now he needs someone to cover his hotel bill, etc. If he can't afford to pay, he shouldn't be inviting people, regardless of what he does.

He asked her months ago but just now gave her dates. Still this is some bs.

oh hale to da nall!

'Meet me' is just what it says.. meet him there.. no ma'am :nono: no sir :nono:

so we all agree :badcop:

I would never do that, what if he doesn't show up or something?? Then what? It sounds like he didn't put a lot into the planning of this, which says something about how he views her and the nature of their relationship... If he was really serious about her, I don't think he would expect her to just meet him in another country by herself.

Super side eye situation.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, you aren't giving her bad advice. If he's inviting her on a vacation with him - esp. one that it sounds like she wasn't involved in the planning with - then, urrah, I expect to need to go shopping for swimsuits and sessy dresses, and that's IT. Not go shopping for a less than 14 day plane ticket to freaking JAMAICA!

And yeah, I'm with the PP that it might have been a vacation he planned with someone else (:look: - esp. if they are exclusive) and the other party dropped out, so he turned to his second choice.

Ew.

Yeah, I might just say no, period, on GP.
I just wanted to ask because you know folks will use the H word at the drop of a dime.
Ya'll know she is just hating cause nobody asked her to Jamaica :rolleyes:

Okay before I say anything i have to get this out :lachen::lachen::lachen: @ your siggy okay I'm done.

Are they together....dating each other? If a guy told me to meet him in Jamaica within 2 weeks, the first thing I'd tell him is I dont have any money ( cause I dont I'm a college student lol) and you waited to late you have to tell me 4 months a head of time and send me a memo everyday so I wont forget. I put it up front so there wont be any confusion and from there we can determine if he's paying or not. Business first, funtime later. she should ask him if she needs to buy her own ticket or is he getting it for her. It doesnt make sense to invite someone ( especially a significant other) to Jamaica 2 weeks in advanced and expect them to pay on their own unless they have some type of agreement.

When ever I got vacation invites I was told I wasn't 'allowed' to spend any of my money for travel or hotel expenses, barely for personal purchases. :look: :lachen:

Hmm...your advice is spot on!

It would be totally ridiculous if this guy could well afford to pay for her too!

what part of jamaica...there are two airports Kingston and Montego Bay...You just dont say "meet me in jamaica" :ohwell:...especially if it is kingston :rofl:

Back