When do you take supplements?

nebula24

Currently - I take Barley Green, Beet Juice, MSM and Biotin powder mixed together in water
lick.gif
twice a day - once in the early morning and again in the late afternoon. Seems to be working fine for me. However, in the Nov'03 edition of "Alternative for the Health Conscious Individual", Dr. David G. Williams stated in a section entitled "Timing is Everything" that supplements tend to remain in circulation longer when taken in the evening. He says metabolism is slower in the evening and that fluid consumption and loss is lower, and kidney function is decreased. Therefore, these compounds are not being removed from the body as quickly. So for more prolonged and beneficial effects, he emphasizes dividing doses into smaller ones during the day and taking a dose in the evening hours. Now, for maximum benefit, I'm considering changing my supplement schedule.
confused.gif
When do you take your supplements?

I take half in the morning with breakfast and half in the
evening along with a protein shake.

I take MSM, biotin and amino acids in AM on empty stomach. I take my multi and Vitamin B-complex at lunch (if I eat it) or more likely, with dinner.

Back