when did yt men started using relaxers????

Not able to see the video at work but my director here at work use relaxers to loosen her curly hair. She's Greek.

Could his eyes get any bluer??

Yeah, I know yt people who use relaxers; both men and women. A couple of them went out of their way to tell me they did.....What do I care?? Sheesh!!!

I have an asian friend who relaxes and has done for years, not sure why as her hair before looked pin straight to me!

I don't think this dude is serious. I believe he is being condescending/patronizing.

This was posted before on a some message board. Don't know if it was this one or not.

Ok so I just watched the second video....his comment about getting a $1000 weave when yo kids r hungry was on the racist side....it was funny though and I laughed because it's true but he was wrong for saying it!

Didn't look at the video but I have a friend a professional stylist that specializes in doing relaxers on Caucasians.

She has a thriving business and they travel to see her . Her clientele consists of mostly Jews and Italians.

"Go on the aisle you'll never go on..."
"It's made for black people, it's not intended for white people use at all."

EDIT: The "disclaimer" in the 2nd video also KILLED me.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

*Sigh* My mum always used to tell me, some people just shouldn't be advising others on YouTube. :nono:

BTW, those instructions/directions... WHAT? :perplexed

Last edited:
I didn't watch the video...(I'm at work):look: But I used to work with this Italian girl who got relaxers too. We used to talk about it all the time.

People have the right to do whatever they want to with their hair regardless of race. Whatever makes that person happy. Black folks aren't the only ones who relax.

I don't think this dude is serious. I believe he is being condescending/patronizing.

This was posted before on a some message board. Don't know if it was this one or not.

Yeah it's quite an old vid and he's definitely having a laugh at our expense. Maybe I'm 'uptight' but I didn't really find it that funny...

The girl who applied my first BKT was white, and she told me her mother started relaxing her hair when she was in kindergarten! Now she does the Japanese thermal and BKT. I also remember having a long conversation a few years ago with a Russian woman who wanted to know how I got my hair "like that". I felt sorry for her; she was rich enough to hit the day spa at least once a week, but her hair was a HAM.

I didn't click the link, but I know the video you're speaking of, I watched it a while back. I think it's just stupid. Dude needs a better hobby, than making pointless videos.

Ok a question: How is him joking about this any different than black comedians making white or asian jokes about what they do in their daily lives? Is it because of the history of the relaxer?

Maybe I'm not offended because I know I make jokes about other races all the time and so do my friends of other races. We actually had this discussion in my American Culture class (everyone joking about other people's race around people of the other race). We even had to role play in class and make stereotypical jokes. I can't be a hypocrite about it because I do it often and I don't know many people who don't.

I know white and Indian people who relax their hair. Anyone with curly hair can do it, really.

But this guy is obviously joking. White people have to pay $75 at a white people salon to straighten their hair.

LMAO! Probably at the same time as white women.

I know of a white girl that I went to school with that relaxed her hair. I asked why, she said so it would stay straight and she wouldn't have to flat iron it so much.
Whatever works...

I know a yt girl in my class that relaxes. Her ends are VERY broken off and stringy; almost stiff looking. She said she does it every 2 months.

I don't know about the men using it, but the women have for quite some time...they just don't call it a relaxer. I used to work with one who had some Indian blood in her and her hair was thick and wavy. She used to get her hair chemically straightened regularly.

I like Shaun...he has a great sense of humor.

But I didn't like the weave comment on the last video.....and not feeding the kids...wth

Last edited:
Back