When did you know it was over? has any woman

I dont know how I feel really. On one hand it gives me a chance to get myself together without him being here. It would also give our boys a chance to adapt to this new lifestyle. On the other hand my life is in limbo and maybe missing an opportunity to find true love.:ohwell:

I dont know how I feel really. On one hand it gives me a chance to get myself together without him being here. It would also give our boys a chance to adapt to this new lifestyle. On the other hand my life is in limbo and maybe missing an opportunity to find true love.:ohwell:

I understand. Think it through....ONE life. :yep:

I read all of your testimonies and I want to thank you all. About 3 weeks ago had an awakening. I realized I am very resentful and sad from a lot of selfish acts on his part. Didn't realize my hurt was the nemisis for arguing. I did a lot of swallowing of my own needs because of what I thought was best since I'm married (sacrafice?). So afraid of the pain I will cause in the end, it will be him and his family that I am ready to walk away from. Can I ask, did any of you have children and how did they weather it?

Dis **** got his orders cancelled. I got so much to think about. I am not afraid to leave I just need to figure so things out. My mother lives with me and when I leave I want it to be just me and the boys. She is not disabled infact she is in perfect health. It was my husbands idea to have her move in now I feel stuck. Any man (if any) that I may end up with will want to start our family out just us and the kids.
I dont want to end up a miserable old lady that lives with her mother.

Merry Christmas:perplexed

I knew it was over when he wouldn't give the other woman up to save his family. Short story- my ex and I were together 5 years, had a son together and were engaged to be married in February 2011. We set our wedding for December 2012. Two months before our wedding, he lands a great job in Philly, paying close to six figures. Unfortunately I was finishing a bachelors and I couldn't move right there with him. So we planned to live apart until I was done with school (I only had 1.5 semesters to go).

I guess the money and freedom got to his head because he met a second year med student shortly after moving and started sleeping with her. I still don't know if he slept with her before we got married but two weeks after our wedding, I went through his phone and found out when I read all the text messages. Lots of details so I will skip to the point.... I signed up for an infidelity board to figure out what to do. In the meanwhile, my ex did all the standard wayward behaviors because he was caught. I knew when it was over when he didn't seem to care for his family any more- he just wanted his med student. He actually called her a hot sexy angel while he was talking to someone else, citing it as his reason for continuing with her.

The infidelity board taught me way more than I even imagined. Infidelity is synonymous with someone on drugs. There is a "high" that someone cheating gets (endorphins) and that is why they keep doing it. Most cheaters blame the person they are with to deflect and avoid responsibility. When someone cheats on you, IN ORDER TO NIP IT IN THE BUD, you must leave. Cheaters fantasies are popped when reality is introduced. So on and so forth. It isn't an experience I wish on anyone, however I am glad I learned it. I now know about healthy boundaries, red flags, and what to actually do if I encounter infidelity again. I semi feel like I have a PhD in Infidelity due to the amount of reading I have done on the topic. It is insane.

During the heat of an argument, my ex called me a dumb, stupid, bit--.:blush:

Of course he cried, said he was sorry, begged, and made all kinds of promises that it would never happen again.

My response to him? You're are right. It will never happen again because this relationship is so over.:yep:

Last edited:
Bumping

Seriously contemplating ending my marriage but I am afraid. Not sure what I am afraid of. There are kids involved and I feel like a failure for wanting to give up. I am just so unhappy. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that ever regretted their decision.

I am also unhappy and am planning my exit strategy. I'm too young, fly and accomplished to have to come home to this mess.

I think every decision we make is a learning experience, and you deserve to be happy.

I am also unhappy and am planning my exit strategy. I'm too young, fly and accomplished to have to come home to this mess.

I think every decision we make is a learning experience, and you deserve to be happy.

Thanks sis. I really appreciate that. Things have gotten better with counseling and I feel like we can actually make it. I take it day by day.

I encourage you in whatever decision you make. Pray about it, feel good about your decision, and live a happy life! Good luck to you!

When I started journaling back in 2020....

When I started researching narcissists and he checked every box...

When he started telling me to quit my well paying job...

When he banned me from talking to my friend of 15 years...

When he accused me of cheating on him daily...

When he woke me up out of a deep sleep at 2am to yell about BS....

When I got in my car with no purse and no phone and simply drove away. Period.

I am out and safe. I will talk more about it soon, but I left a 28 year marriage less than a week ago and I have zero regrets. Just because you're not getting physically beat up, doesn't mean it's not abuse. He won't get better, only worse. My advice would be to leave ASAP. I'm getting so much help it's overwhelming. Looking forward to my new life without all the crazy!!!

When I started journaling back in 2020....

When I started researching narcissists and he checked every box...

When he started telling me to quit my well paying job...

When he banned me from talking to my friend of 15 years...

When he accused me of cheating on him daily...

When he woke me up out of a deep sleep at 2am to yell about BS....

When I got in my car with no purse and no phone and simply drove away. Period.

I am out and safe. I will talk more about it soon, but I left a 28 year marriage less than a week ago and I have zero regrets. Just because you're not getting physically beat up, doesn't mean it's not abuse. He won't get better, only worse. My advice would be to leave ASAP. I'm getting so much help it's overwhelming. Looking forward to my new life without all the crazy!!!
Just saw your post…hope all continues to be well with you…thanks for sharing…you might inspire someone else who has the same thoughts but is afraid to make that first move.

Just saw your post…hope all continues to be well with you…thanks for sharing…you might inspire someone else who has the same thoughts but is afraid to make that first move.

Working through the process is very frustrating at times. However, it's 1000x better than what I was dealing with in that marriage.

My sanity, peace, and safety are priceless. It'll be tough these next few months, but I can make it. Every little thing that gets thrown at me, I handle it and move the F on. Lol!

I am much stronger and smarter than I gave myself credit for. So are a lot of women who think they are stuck or that they've "wasted" too many years so they may as well stick it on out. No ma'am! If you are still breathing, it's not too late to take charge of your life and live it on YOUR terms.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Back