When can I wash/co-wash after a relaxer? & with what?

AHeadOfCoils

I need to wash or co wash my hair in order for the aloe vera and oils to help soothe my scabs from the relaxer.. :nono: When is it "safe" to wash my hair? & what can I rinse it with that wont irritate the scabs/sore spots?

Why don't you rub some neosporin on the sores? I used to rub some Vaseline on mine and they healed eventually. You can wash your hair whenever you want, I'm sure. HTH...oh, and maybe consider transitioning too ;) lol jk

Shampoo might make the spots sting so if you have to wet it, water might do the trick :ohwell:

Why don't you rub some neosporin on the sores? I used to rub some Vaseline on mine and they healed eventually. You can wash your hair whenever you want, I'm sure. HTH...oh, and maybe consider transitioning too ;) lol jk

Shampoo might make the spots sting so if you have to wet it, water might do the trick :ohwell:

I am!! I learned my lesson!! I bought some wigs so for the next few months I will be nursing my poor scalp back to health. Hopefully there is no permanent damage. :sad:

& about the vaseline I can't really do much since there is a load of hair spray in my hair. I can't even part it since it's so hard. :nono:

aw! :hug2: definitely been there! I couldn't even wrap my hair because it would be stuck to the scab. Horrible what we'll put ourselves through. Hope you heal fast girl. Take care!

For future ladies that want to wash after a bad relaxer, I was able to wash my hair using Kinky Curly Come Clean. It didn't burn or irritate my many scabs since it is PH balanced and natural. After, I used their knot to day as a leave in and then I applied the aloe vera gel that I got from Whole Foods. My hair and scalp both feel GREAT!!! & some of My curls came back ... How ironic?!

Back