When a single strand of hair falls out, .....

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I tend to analyze it. And recently, even thru dusting my ends, I find that my hair is a little coarser on the ends and much finer thru most of my hair's length. I don't know if it's because of the vitamins or because I'm not using lye relaxer's anymore, or what.... Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Caramela -
I have definitely experienced this as well. Before I cut my hair, the ends felt rougher than the hair I had grown since starting my vitamin regimen (and hair care routine) over a year ago. Now that I finally cut off all of my damaged ends, the few strands I shed feel silky, bulb to ends.

Caramela,

I thought you switched from no-lye to lye during the summer. /images/graemlins/confused.gif I remember a post when you mentioned how your hair turned out so much better with a lye relaxer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, I posted that like 6:something this morning, I meant to say b/c I'm no longer using no-lye relaxers. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yes, I had the same experience. Its from switching between from No-Lye to Lye. I started using a Lye relaxer in December of 2001 and I can definitely see the difference in texture between my new Lye growth versus the No-lye. My stylist says the hair is not damage (split ends) just the Lye relaxer leaves a different texture. BTW...I hate it...I'm trying my best not to cut it off all at once..So ever relaxer, I have a little more trimmed off.. I have like 4 inches left to go.. Good Luck..and stick to Lye. I wish I had come this board sooner /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Caramela, I know what you mean. My ends are definitely coarser than the rest of the hair shaft. I think it shows the difference between the lye-relaxed and no-lye relaxed hair. I can't wait to accumulate growth so that I can get rid of those ends!!

<font color="purple"> Caramela,

I think the no-lye relaxers dry the hair out more. Thus, the drier texture at the end of your hair. If you do a preconditioning moisturizing warm oil treatment before washing, you may notice a difference in those ends in time. </font color>

the one thing i do with my shed hair is to gently stretch it to test its elasticity and strength. if it snaps too easily i know its time for an intensive protein treatment!!

Back