What's your regime when u take ur braids out?

Innocent_Kiss

What\'s your regime when u take ur braids out?

Wearing any prolong styles, especially braids, I'm usually very excited to see how well my hair progressed...or not
ohwell.gif
What are some treatments or a particular regime you follow when you take your braids out?

Re: What\'s your regime when u take ur braids out?

The first thing I do when I take my braids out is detangle with a wide toothed comb, then go over with a smaller (not fine or rattail, just smaller teeth) comb. (VERY IMPORTANT to detangle prior to washing)

After that I wash my hair. I then do a (light) protein treatment for 3-8 minutes (the bottle says 3 min). After that I deep condition for an extended amout of time (normally I do 30-45 min, after braids i do 60-90 minutes). After that I seal my ends with whatever oil I have and then use a Leave-In. I then either rollerset or wrap my hair and let it air dry or use the hood dryer.

First I comb through my hair very carefully. Then, I shampoo, apply a protein treatment, deep condition, leave-treatment, and moisturize with coconut oil or Fantasia IC gel activator moisturizer.

Well once i get all of these things out..what i'ma do is.. Shampoo, Do a protein treatment, deep condtion (like crazy) apply a leave in, apply breakfree and healthy ends ..throw a little oil in the mix.. and let it air dry.. once it's dry i'ma cornrow the front up and put either my phony pony or my phony afro puff on top and rock it just likeeeee that..

i hear you on the healthy ends, truth! that stuff is bomb!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Truth said:
Well once i get all of these things out..what i'ma do is.. Shampoo, Do a protein treatment, deep condtion (like crazy) apply a leave in, apply breakfree and healthy ends ..throw a little oil in the mix.. and let it air dry.. once it's dry i'ma cornrow the front up and put either my phony pony or my phony afro puff on top and rock it just likeeeee that..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious...what is breakfree and healthy ends?

CP, they are products by Profectiv. Many of the ladies here rave about their products (including myself).. you can find out more about them here: http://strengthofnature.com . They will send you samples if you send them a dollar.

Back