What's Your Favorite Moisturizing Shampoo ?

Blacktresses

What\'s Your Favorite Moisturizing Shampoo ?

I would like to get input from relaxed and naturals.

I use Nexxus Moisturizing Shampoo. I like it but..........
it seems as if something is missing when I use it. I am a natual 3a/4a. Maybe I need to let it sit in the hair for 5 minutes because it is not relaxed. There are so many moisturizing shampoos to choose from I wouldn't know where to start. I just purchase Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo. I have not seen raves about it but since I am in
love.gif
with the conditioner I thought I would give it a try. What do you all suggest
confused.gif

Re: What\'s Your Favorite Moisturizing Shampoo ?

I'm a 3c/4a natural and I like, no love, Elucence. After rinsing this shampoo out, my hair is so soft that it really doesn't need conditioning. Another plus is the fact that this shampoo doesn't leave a film/build up. Try and you may like it.

This the first time of heard of Elucence. Where can i find it? And is Surge a store brand as well?

You can purchase Elucence from www.pleasantimage.com. Surge, I believe can be purchased at your local Walgreens or another drug store. I personally haven't used surge, but I'm quite sure some of the ladies here that have, can point you in the right direction.

elucence shampoo is really great. it detangles really well. i prefer it to kenra cause kenra doesnt provide as much slip. but i do plan on trying creme of nature once elucence runs out. there's been too many raves about con's detangling propertie for me to ignore.

Elucence Moisture Benefits and Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo are the best I've ever used.

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
i do plan on trying creme of nature once elucence runs out. there's been too many raves about con's detangling propertie for me to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it, bree and blacktresses
poke.gif
laugh.gif

CON is cheap and works really well. I'm natural and I've never had a shampoo detangle like this one (my faves are Ultra Moisturizing, green writing; and Professional; red writing).
smile.gif
The only problem is that they do leave build up
frown.gif
I just get around that by clarifying every so often.

[ QUOTE ]
karly said:
Elucence Moisture Benefits and Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo are the best I've ever used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Although I am a PJ. I always keep these two on hand.

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
i do plan on trying creme of nature once elucence runs out. there's been too many raves about con's detangling propertie for me to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it, bree and blacktresses
poke.gif
laugh.gif

CON is cheap and works really well. I'm natural and I've never had a shampoo detangle like this one (my faves are Ultra Moisturizing, green writing; and Professional; red writing).
smile.gif
The only problem is that they do leave build up
frown.gif
I just get around that by clarifying every so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

build up wont be a problem for me. i plan to clarify every week the first lather, then use the con. i also want to try the conditioner too.

dont use these anymore but they were quite moisturizing:
Creme of Nature
Keracare Hydrating

Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Detangling Condtioning Shampoo

I have the Nexxus Therappe but I prefer Nexxus Botanoil. My hair seems to like it better.

Okay, here is a really question, how can you tell if a shampoo is moisturizing???

I can tell by feel...my hair feels softer and moisturized after using some shampoos. And stripped and "squeaky" after others.

My favorite moisturizing shampoo is Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo...followed as a close second by Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo.

Oddly enough I recently tried the Deep Brillance Hydration Shampoo (I think that's the name...too lazy to go double check). Anyway, I hated it. Way too drying. And I've discovered that most clear / see-through shampoos seem to be too drying for my hair. While the creamy / opaque shampoos tend to work better for me. Just a theory.

Jasons Sea Kelp, Creme of nature and Carols Daughter.

I am really liking the Elucence, like many of the other ladies on the board stated.

Kercare Hydrating Shampoo- Love it! I am relaxed and it allows me to stretch out my retouches like never before. My new growth actually LAYS down after washing w/it. That's never happened to me.

Hmm... after reading all the accolades for Elucence maybe I should give that a try, too.
scratchchin.gif

I love Elucence MB shampoo as well. Neutrogena's TM is quite moisturizing. Elasta QP creme shampoo works well for me, but I enjoy the above mentioned better.

Creame of Nature white bottle yellow top and Soft and Beautiful Botanical moisturzing shampoo in the tan bottle. Both give wonderful slip.

Optimum Advance Strengthing system or something like that..its bomb my hair feels so soft and detangled..i woudl think this is how a conditioner would feel, but no. So im in the process of looking for a conditioner that can do this..my Optimum conditioner does a good shop but no slip until i put in a detangler..

-FAYE

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
Kercare Hydrating Shampoo- Love it! I am relaxed and it allows me to stretch out my retouches like never before. My new growth actually LAYS down after washing w/it. That's never happened to me.

Hmm... after reading all the accolades for Elucence maybe I should give that a try, too.
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, don't cheat on KeraCare, you've got a good thing going on with KeraCare, so if it's not broke than don't fix it. I LOVE KeraCare so much that I'm not even tempted to use any other shampoo. It is the BEST shampoo I've ever used and I can not be without it. (can you tell it's my favorite product
smile.gif
)

Back