Favorite Moisturizing Shampoos/cleansers?

Shea Moisture Curl and Shine shampoo is my fave shampoo. Its a staple and not stripping at all. I use mainly oils and creams in my hair, no heavy butters.

2271854 (1).jpg

I wonder if there are certain ingredients that makes a product stripping for one person and not another.

It isn't just the use of sulfates because I can use some sulfate shampoos. And there are many non-sulfate shampoos I can't use at all.

I know someone mentioned to me that the use of coco-betaine ? worked well in their shampoos. I think I have found that as well. I wonder if this same ingredient causes issues for other people.

I found this stripping and harsh. Go figure.

Really??? I've used many shampoos all the big brand cheapies like Dove, Aussie, and Tresemme but I always come back to SM Curl and Shine shampoo. Never once felt stripping to me. Every head of hair is different I guess.

Really??? I've used many shampoos all the big brand cheapies like Dove, Aussie, and Tresemme but I always come back to SM Curl and Shine shampoo. Never once felt stripping to me. Every head of hair is different I guess.

It is funny how hair can be so different. I used the SM color box for a year or two and they always give you the shampoo and conditioner with it. I tried to use it but just had to give it up.

There is some science to the shampoo that I don't understand yet.

I wonder if there are certain ingredients that makes a product stripping for one person and not another.

It isn't just the use of sulfates because I can use some sulfate shampoos. And there are many non-sulfate shampoos I can't use at all.

I know someone mentioned to me that the use of coco-betaine ? worked well in their shampoos. I think I have found that as well. I wonder if this same ingredient causes issues for other people.

Besides ingredients, I think the effect products have on hair can be influenced by many factors:
  • Hair texture
  • Hair porosity and damage level
  • Hard water vs soft water
  • Environment (humid vs dry climates)

Back