What's Your Favorite Heavy-Duty Detangler

vtoodler

What do you think is the best heavy-duty detangler?

By heavy-duty, I mean a detangler that could tackle severely matted natural hair.

Last edited:
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment. It can take matted/tangled/shrunken afro textured hair and tranform it into a detangled, soft, and blissfully aromatic dream in a matter of minutes.

Trust me, I know.

Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment. It can take matted/tangled/shrunken afro textured hair and tranform it into a detangled, soft, and blissfully aromatic dream in a matter of minutes.

Trust me, I know.

I love this stuff as well. I know one thing though, when it says leave it on for 3-5 minutes or up to 7 they mean business. If left in any longer, that stuff can really over-moisturize your hair!

i use Cocounut Sublime Conditioner by Curls.biz

it sux as a regular conditioner, but its a killer detangler

In the shower: Aussie Moist always worked well for me. Out of the shower: Mane and Tail The Detangler.

I was literally about to post the same thing ! I've used both products with great success on folks with hair types ranging from 3b to 4z; they're two of my staples.

I'm relaxed, with a normal texture that is very tight. I can put Silk Elements Mega Moisture or Wen on uncombed hair and the tangles just run away!

Another good one is Sally's KeraPro dry to extra dry. It's on sale now for $5.50. I keep these 3 in my stretching arsenal!!!

glycerin. straight out of the bottle....apply and let it marinade. gets my dreds every time. LOL

My favorites:
apple cider vinegar: liquid
Crack styling cream: cream
s-curl and shea butter mixed together:heavy

My Heavy Favs:
QB Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
Marie Dean's Mango Detangler, Illipe 3n1, Coconut Detangler, Red Clover & Honey Detangler

I absolutely LOVE Mizani D'Tangle - That stuff is da BIZNESS!!!!!!!!! No knots, tangles, matts stand a chance with that stuff! Again, I'm in LOVE with it!!!!

Take Down Hair Cream or Afrodetangler. Both of these saved me when I was natural. The Take Down I used after my hair matted up when I wet it and didn't detangle first. I seriously thought I may have to cut back to a twa. Afrodetangler I would use on wash day, it helped me comb down to my scalp and moisturized well too! Even though I am relaxed now, I would like to get another bottle of Afrodetangler to use.It will help once I am into a relaxer stretch.

Right now, I am not that far into my relaxer and I am using CB Smooth Detangle spray. Don't think it will be of much help after 10 weeks post though.

Last edited:
I used to use Mane N Tail detangler sprays when i was relaxed:yep:

But now? My hair :lol::rofl::lachen: at detangler sprays!!! I use thick creamy conditioners and right now my HG is Tresemme Naturals. I also like Garnier Fructis Pure Clean and Triple Nutrition Conditioners to detangle my hair.

Back